Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 4 points and 2 clean sheets from 2 games.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:
CityGent wrote:Two clean sheets - can't ask for more than that. Our attacking prowess will come but Malky has time to have a tinker and assess everything. Well done City. Good point tonight

I have to agree with Anthony, two clean sheets, 3pts at home and a good draw away to a strong Brighton team. Lets give Malky time to get the best out of this quality team.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

theres no doubts this team has some quality players, but it seems to me that, gunnarsson,whitts and cowie are first on the team sheet, meaning there is only 1 way we can set up to accomodate these 3 players... i would like to see 2 strikers personally as all i could see was balls to helguson to flick on or pass to but no one there.. i think he could prove a useful partner for velikonja as he seems full of running off the last man.. problem is then who do we drop..

in my opinion not because hes been slated lately but id prefer cowie on the bench to start, his running and energy can be better used when teams are knackered as to me he doesnt quite have the quality to beat anyone or actually create any chances.. i also dont know where gunnarssons best position is, whether alongside, behind or infront of whitts..

malky will find the best xi suitable i know, but i feel with the current set up we may find goals hard to come by and goal difference each yr now seems to be more and more important as does turning last seasons 18 draws into victories.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:06 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
brithdirblue wrote:I'm well happy with that

good point, agree, but also 1 goal scored in two games

AGREED!!

TWO GAMES PLAYED ALREADY. THE NEW FELLERS SHOULD HAVE GELLED BY NOW
WE SHOULD BE BANGING IN 5 OR 6 PER GAME.

WORRYING. :?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:08 pm

taffyapple wrote:

AGREED!!

I diagree with you Taffy......shouldnt be 5 or 6 per game.....more like 9 or 10 :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm very happy with the start, a tough openning game with all the controversy......first game at home etc and with the owners present added alot of pressure to the team in my opinion. Lets be honest, not many teams have won at Brighton away last season, and they have added some quality players this season, whilst I felt we could have won the game, it could have gone either way. Very good solid point in the end.

Hows Saudi going by the way taffy?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:13 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

AGREED!!

I diagree with you Taffy......shouldnt be 5 or 6 per game.....more like 9 or 10 :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm very happy with the start, a tough openning game with all the controversy......first game at home etc and with the owners present added alot of pressure to the team in my opinion. Lets be honest, not many teams have won at Brighton away last season, and they have added some quality players this season, whilst I felt we could have won the game, it could have gone either way. Very good solid point in the end.

Hows Saudi going by the way taffy?

Hot and shit mate :lol:

No, really :(

I feel like im blending into the sand dunes :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:56 pm

Very happy with the start so far and I am sure that when the recent additions gel with the older members of the team we can expect great things

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Just watched the highlights of Brighton on city player on we looked brilliant at the start, Brighton just came back fighting, good draw, happy with 4 points too :D :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:28 pm

win at home draw away, will see us promoted.

keep it up