Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Welcome to Cardiff City FC

:-D

Re: Matt Connolly

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:04 pm

Pic or it didn't happen. :old:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:06 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: all good, strength in depth is what we need and missed last season, more competition for our back 4!... any news on Smith CityGent? :D

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:10 pm

Announcement?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:10 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote::ayatollah: :ayatollah: all good, strength in depth is what we need and missed last season, more competition for our back 4!... any news on Smith CityGent? :D

I'm hoping we haven't finished our business on cover for the back four. As i broke last week the Smith deal a little longer to complete but should be finalised by the weekend :-)

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:11 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Announcement?

f**k all on the site and I've been frantically hitting refresh. :lol:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:12 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Announcement?

Brighton away will take priority for the club over an announcement tonight

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:13 pm

CityGent wrote:As i broke last week

make sure you get all the plaudits :roll:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Excellent! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:14 pm

CityGent wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote::ayatollah: :ayatollah: all good, strength in depth is what we need and missed last season, more competition for our back 4!... any news on Smith CityGent? :D

I'm hoping we haven't finished our business on cover for the back four. As i broke last week the Smith deal a little longer to complete but should be finalised by the weekend :-)

hoping for another LB tbh, Taylor got no one pushing his arse!... good good more the merrier, 1 more for the back will do me! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Seeing as certain posters enjoy slagging people off for sharing good news, I thought I'd point that one out ;-)

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:19 pm

CityGent wrote:Welcome to Cardiff City FC

Thanks for all your upto date info Mr Rivers it is much appreciated :D :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:20 pm

BOWMAN wrote:

Thanks for all your upto date info Mr Rivers it is much appreciated :D :ayatollah:

Pleasure mate. Hopefully more to come before the window closes

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:21 pm

:D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:23 pm

CARDIFF CITY have completed the signing of £500,000 defender Matthew Connolly – and are now set to add fellow Queens Park Rangers star Tommy Smith to their squad.

The arrival of experienced frontman Smith will take the number of manager Malky Mackay’s signings this summer to eight.

Smith played for Watford during Mackay’s time on the coaching staff at Vicarage Road and has also represented Sunderland, Derby and Portsmouth.

The 32-year-old could join before the weekend but is unlikely to be involved in Saturday’s lunchtime kick-off at Bristol City.

The 24-year-old Connolly – who has won successive Championship promotions at QPR and Reading – will, however, be in the City squad at Ashton Gate.

Pic: Matthew Connolly has signed

“Matt was schooled at Arsenal, which gave him a great start, and then went out on loan to increase his experience,” said Mackay.

“He decided to step down a division to progress his career and has played a lot of matches, particularly in the Championship.

“He can play right across the back four and is another signing who is an investment for this football club.

“We have brought in a number of young players who will progress and Matt is another who will develop his game with us.”

Barnet-born Connolly made 116 league appearances for QPR and also helped Reading into the Premier League during a loan spell at the Madejski Stadium last season.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z24Cr8pmdA

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:23 pm

WalesOnLine reporting city have completed signing of Matt Connolly. Tommy Smith should be next :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:24 pm

carlccfc wrote:

:D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Lake this as always been confirmed by your apprentice leader Carl : :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:25 pm

CityGent wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Seeing as certain posters enjoy slagging people off for sharing good news, I thought I'd point that one out ;-)

The MAN !!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:26 pm

CityGent wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

:thumbup:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:CARDIFF CITY have completed the signing of £500,000 defender Matthew Connolly – and are now set to add fellow Queens Park Rangers star Tommy Smith to their squad.

The arrival of experienced frontman Smith will take the number of manager Malky Mackay’s signings this summer to eight.

Smith played for Watford during Mackay’s time on the coaching staff at Vicarage Road and has also represented Sunderland, Derby and Portsmouth.

The 32-year-old could join before the weekend but is unlikely to be involved in Saturday’s lunchtime kick-off at Bristol City.

The 24-year-old Connolly – who has won successive Championship promotions at QPR and Reading – will, however, be in the City squad at Ashton Gate.

“Matt was schooled at Arsenal, which gave him a great start, and then went out on loan to increase his experience,” said Mackay.

“He decided to step down a division to progress his career and has played a lot of matches, particularly in the Championship.

“He can play right across the back four and is another signing who is an investment for this football club.

“We have brought in a number of young players who will progress and Matt is another who will develop his game with us.”

Barnet-born Connolly made 116 league appearances for QPR and also helped Reading into the Premier League during a loan spell at the Madejski Stadium last season.

carl

smith does not want to come to cardiff he wants to stay in london

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:49 pm

steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:CARDIFF CITY have completed the signing of £500,000 defender Matthew Connolly – and are now set to add fellow Queens Park Rangers star Tommy Smith to their squad.

carl

Shame that Steve, let's concentrate on Maynard :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:55 pm

carlccfc wrote:
steve davies wrote:

carl

def think we need some fire power!

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:59 pm

carlccfc wrote:
steve davies wrote:

carl

i think he has the same feelings carl so we are now looking at another defender

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:12 pm

Citygent is providing the right news which does happen.
He ent making announcments just putting what he knows out there. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:35 am

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8009033/

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:52 am

Thank god for that - need to shore up that leaky defence

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:11 am

CLINT HILL?

Has he signed for anyone yet? Another top championship defender without a club last time i looked?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:13 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19319677 :ayatollah: