Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Don Cowie - Cardiffs New Scapegoat

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:36 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:I wasn't being sarcastic and we are not arguing the same point. You went on the attack against your fellow CCFC fans for having an opposing opinion and I picked your post to bits, because I thought it was poor. You made assumptions and some of your comments just appeared to be childish. Nobody said we are Barcelona, or is suggesting we are, by being critical of players or tactics.

well im not the only person who has noticed it, someone makes the same barca comment up top, ive said malky souldnt play him out wide and cowie is getting the blame for it, we struggled to beat huddersfield and a fair few people went crazy like its our divine right to beat them

Just because 2 people made the same Barca comment, doesn't make it any less off the mark.

It's not our divine right to beat anyone, but watching that game on Friday night, I felt (and so did others, it seems) that we could've fared a lot better with more penetration down the right hand side. Not Cowie's fault, but Malky appears quite stubborn once he's picked his starting XI.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Our fans???? Nooooo we don't scape...

Naylor...Bothroyd...McPhail...Miller...

No wait yeh you're right. Our fans are terrible.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:37 pm

RFMH wrote:Our fans???? Nooooo we don't scape...

When it was justified or not? In your opinion, of course.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:38 pm

look on reading back i shouldnt have said all our fans love someone to moan about and should of had a question mark in the title of the thread, i was just trying to say that sometimes it feels our fans need someone to moan about, if thats malky or a player who knows but what i was trying to say is that we can never admit we we beaten on the day, it has to be malky should of done this or cowie shouldnt of done that, i admit i also have done that, it was just an observation that was worded wong and as it has been said went downhill fast :lol:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:46 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:look on reading back i shouldnt have said all our fans love someone to moan about and should of had a question mark in the title of the thread, i was just trying to say that sometimes it feels our fans need someone to moan about, if thats malky or a player who knows but what i was trying to say is that we can never admit we we beaten on the day, it has to be malky should of done this or cowie shouldnt of done that, i admit i also have done that, it was just an observation that was worded wong and as it has been said went downhill fast :lol:

Lots of fans are critical of their team, though, even in victory, because we're all wannabe football managers at heart, aren't we?!!

:lol:

I honestly don't think our fans are that cynical and we've quite often, over the years, embraced some crap players and cheered them on regardless, because we can see them trying, but within their obvious limits.

RFMH mentions players who, in my opinion, we expected more of (rightly or wrongly) and got on their backs because of an apparent lack of effort. Richard Langley, for example, was a player who came to us with great promise but didn't deliver and was rightly (in my opinion) driven out by the fans - well and by his poor performances, obviously.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:47 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:look on reading back i shouldnt have said all our fans love someone to moan about and should of had a question mark in the title of the thread, i was just trying to say that sometimes it feels our fans need someone to moan about, if thats malky or a player who knows but what i was trying to say is that we can never admit we we beaten on the day, it has to be malky should of done this or cowie shouldnt of done that, i admit i also have done that, it was just an observation that was worded wong and as it has been said went downhill fast :lol:

Lots of fans are critical of their team, though, even in victory, because we're all wannabe football managers at heart, aren't we?!!

I honestly don't think our fans are that cynical and we've quite often, over the years, embraced some crap players and cheered them on regardless, because we can see them trying, but within their obvious limits.

RFMH mentions players who, in my opinion, we expected more of (rightly or wrongly) and got on their backs because of an apparent lack of effort. Richard Langley, for example, was a player who came to us with great promise but didn't deliver and was rightly (in my opinion) driven out by the fans - well and by his poor performances, obviously.

thats a good point! leo and eddie are prime examples

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:52 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
BOWMAN wrote:
Bob Bank Blues wrote:Josh Low, Rhys Weston - any more suggestions?

They were shit though in fairness :lol: Cowie is not :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agreed but MM playing him out wide when we got wide men sitting on the bench makes no sence. But i guess that makes him the new scapegoat when its MM who plays him there.

Seriously, ok Cowie is out of position, however his workrate and effort cannot be faulted and anyone who complains about Cowie rather than MM decision to play him there is thick as.........

We are not in La Liga.... we are not Barca... :evil: :evil:

Lets play center backs upfront next then does that make me thick or would you question MM if he did , we have strikers available on the bench so why would he, no doubt you would question him then, think about it the guys played center midfield for 95% of his footballing days hence why i said we got wingers here now and on the bench who can play where they been playing there whole careers so if anyones thick then im afraid its you. Why do fans compare us to barca that really shows how deluded some are, the point is hes playing out of his normal position on the wide right when we got conway,kimbo, and maybe smith to come who have ALWAYS PLAYED ON THE FLANKS although kimbo can play anywhere in the midfield even that St luce french kid offers more than cowie out on the wide right ffs. I couldnt give a f**k for his workrate when the guy didnt skin there fullback once friday or get a cross in i can remember aint that what wingers do :?: , play him in the center i get that but out wide hes wasted as seen last season when he got stuck out there. :roll:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:53 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

thats a good point! leo and eddie are prime examples

There we are. I'm not saying every single one of our fans are brilliant, because I live in the real world, but I sometimes feel that we get too much flak from our own on here (I could name them, but I won't state the obvious) and ccmb is worse for it, hence I left it.

6 points this week would help make the criticism of Malky and co die down, big style. We need to use our attacking options to the full, though, instead of making the mistakes that so many managers of the Wales national team have done, which is to be too worried about the opposition and be too defensive.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:55 pm

77s out wide hes a passenger. Bit some people just cannot bring themselves to question MM they think hes Peter Perfect :roll:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:58 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:77s out wide hes a passenger. Bit some people just cannot bring themselves to question MM they think hes Peter Perfect :roll:

Its so obvious hes not a winger why play him there like i said that under 19 kid St luce offers more than cowie out wide as a winger even conway who had MOM in all the games for me in are 4-4-2 formations during pre season can offer more does this mean i question MM yes it is and i couldnt give two fucks its how it is yet people can see this im not alone, cowie in the middle i get that outwide he offers nothing but running about like a mad man and we gain nothing from it. Does this make cowie a scapeboat no because MM PLAYS HIM THERE :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

Is it ever justified? Is giving our own players shit going to help them?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:05 pm

RFMH wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Depends whether or not you think some players have been work shy or not. Did you ever feel the need to criticise Richard Langley, for instance?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:14 pm

cowie's workrate is superb, everyone agrees on that, what i dont get is why people are saying he is a good footballer?

what does he offer exactly :?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:25 pm

paulh_85 wrote:cowie's workrate is superb, everyone agrees on that, what i dont get is why people are saying he is a good footballer?

what does he offer exactly :?

He runs about for 90mins therefor he must be a winger or a center half next week who knows with MM as if you say anything else hes deemed as the scapegoat thats how silly some fans are when its clear hes not a winger :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:37 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Depends whether or not you think some players have been work shy or not. Did you ever feel the need to criticise Richard Langley, for instance?

Never given shit to any Cardiff player in the stadium during the match. It doesn't help them and helps the opposition. Besides look at Hudson, the crap he got and yet he our best defender now.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:40 pm

RFMH wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Never given shit to any Cardiff player in the stadium during the match. It doesn't help them and helps the opposition. Besides look at Hudson, the crap he got and yet he our best defender now.

Depends on the measure of the man. Hudson bounced back, Langley didn't.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:42 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:i would start conway over him BUT the way people are going on about it you would think he is completely useless! i bet whenever we lose this year and he starts it wll be his fault, our fans love blaming someone, its never that we were the worse team on the day, it was someone fucked it up for us! we are not barcelona :old:

Stupid thread, cowie ain't a scapegoat and ain't seen anyone saying he is useless, people are simply saying he is not effective on the wing and is being played out of position

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:43 pm

Not allowed to have an opinion on here anymore it seems, shame. Cowies decent but he must benched. He gets far too much playing time in relation to his ability, THESE ARE FACTS.

But hey ho, iv'e been supporting the bluebird for 65 years this season and i'm just being a negative c**t... :roll: :old: :old:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Cowie is a central midfielder and constantly get played out wide. Surely its not his fault that MM brought him because he was a good free transfer but didn't have central midfeld place for him in the team.

I feel sorry for him.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:50 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:i would start conway over him BUT the way people are going on about it you would think he is completely useless! i bet whenever we lose this year and he starts it wll be his fault, our fans love blaming someone, its never that we were the worse team on the day, it was someone fucked it up for us! we are not barcelona :old:

I don't think he's been made a scapegoat at all. People call it as they see it game by game. Cowie wasn't great against Huddersfield but that applied to lots of people. Cowie is not a natural wide player so he is always going to be at a disadvantage but he did a good job out wide for most of last season. If we are looking to get in the top two this season we definitely need pace on both flanks, so to me that means not playing Cowie out wide unless we are forced to through injury. But I think he has something to offer as part of a midfield three with Bellamy and Kim out wide. :ayatollah:

Re: Don Cowie - Cardiffs New Scapegoat ??

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:32 pm

its nothing to do with being a new scapegoat, i am a cowie fan good player gives his all BUT when there is genuine wide men avaliable to us like conway then cowie should be fighting for central place in his natural postion, fair enough if our wide men are injured but malkays decision (and some say dave jones was stubbourn)

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Paul Parry

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Paul Parry

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:59 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:I couldnt give a shit if he "works hard", putting a shift in is the least we can expect from a proffesional footballer.

With the squad and players available to us Friday there was absoutely no need for Cowie to be stuck out wide right where he offers zero. A passenger on Friday and if it was beggars belief he started ahead of Conway or Masin then it was absolute astonishment he lasted until the 78th minute.

Should be used as centre mid back up or in an injury crisis only.

Only one person to blame - MALKY

Hit the nail on the head. Should never have been in the side out wide whether you love him or hate him. Squad player for centre mid.

What worries me is why wouldn't malky want fliers on each flank? Surely it's every managers dream? :?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:13 pm

I honestly can't believe Conway ent in the team. His Pre Season should of saw him start on Friday. Malky is just being an idiot on this one.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:17 pm

i would start conway over him BUT the way people are going on about it you would think he is completely useless! i bet whenever we lose this year and he starts it wll be his fault, our fans love blaming someone, its never that we were the worse team on the day, it was someone fucked it up for us! we are not barcelona

Conway was amazing over pre-season, possibly one of the sharpest players on the pitch from what I saw. Although Cowie didn't have a poor pre-season, I thought Conway had a much better pre-season than Cowie did, so I was a bit shocked when Conway didn't make the starting XI for the Huddersfield Town game. Though Cowie has been great for us defensively, I don't think he's creative enough in attack. Completely trust Malky to make the right decision, though, as just about everything he's done for us so far has been spot on.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:22 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I honestly can't believe Conway ent in the team. His Pre Season should of saw him start on Friday. Malky is just being an idiot on this one.

Conway's one of our top players in my opinion and he puts a decent ball in and he's a natural winger I don't get why isn't in the starting lining up. With someone like Helguson who can header he's exactly the player you'll need and it would take a lot of pressure of Kev to run the right flank. I agree Malky's being stubborn about this one but most of the other stuff he's done is great.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Scruffy wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I honestly can't believe Conway ent in the team. His Pre Season should of saw him start on Friday. Malky is just being an idiot on this one.

Conway's one of our top players in my opinion and he puts a decent ball in and he's a natural winger I don't get why isn't in the starting lining up. With someone like Helguson who can header he's exactly the player you'll need and it would take a lot of pressure of Kev to run the right flank. I agree Malky's being stubborn about this one but most of the other stuff he's done is great.

The work Conway has done should be deserved to show it in the league. We know hes good. If Helguson is going to get goals then Conways cross will provide them. Conway can get goals hiself. Conway can track back and help out aswell thats why I enjoy him.
I feel for Taylor as Bellamy doesn't track back as much thats why he is exposed at the back. Thats a worry for me on times.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:35 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Scruffy wrote:

The work Conway has done should be deserved to show it in the league. We know hes good. If Helguson is going to get goals then Conways cross will provide them. Conway can get goals hiself. Conway can track back and help out aswell thats why I enjoy him.
I feel for Taylor as Bellamy doesn't track back as much thats why he is exposed at the back. Thats a worry for me on times.

I didn't go to the pre-season games but herd he was class. He should be starting anyway because our natural wingers are Conway, Harris, Kim (no work permit) and if you count Bellamy. Harris is a left winger and is young and Kim can't play, so for the right option Conway's name is screaming at Malky but there is no way in hell Cowie should be playing there, he should be fighting for a central place.
And Bellamy, I don't think his heads in the game tbh, on Friday even though being kept out of the game his attitude just said he couldn't be asked to me anyway, but thats probably just me being a drama queen :lol:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Scruffy wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Scruffy wrote:

I didn't go to the pre-season games but herd he was class. He should be starting anyway because our natural wingers are Conway, Harris, Kim (no work permit) and if you count Bellamy. Harris is a left winger and is young and Kim can't play, so for the right option Conway's name is screaming at Malky but there is no way in hell Cowie should be playing there, he should be fighting for a central place.
And Bellamy, I don't think his heads in the game tbh, on Friday even though being kept out of the game his attitude just said he couldn't be asked to me anyway, but thats probably just me being a drama queen :lol:

Made 3 of the 5 Pre Season fixtures.. Cheltenham, Oxford and Newcastle. Conway and Ralls were dominating against Chelts and provided the attacking.. Conway got a goal for that one. Oxford he done okay and Newcastle he was brilliant. :ayatollah: