Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Don Cowie - Cardiffs New Scapegoat ??

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:14 pm

i would start conway over him BUT the way people are going on about it you would think he is completely useless! i bet whenever we lose this year and he starts it wll be his fault, our fans love blaming someone, its never that we were the worse team on the day, it was someone fucked it up for us! we are not barcelona :old:

Re: Don Cowie - Cardiffs New Scapegoat

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:21 pm

Well why play him outwide then nobody elses fault but MM, i mean what next we got smith comming kimbo, conway all wingers/wide men and we still play cowie out on the right :?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:22 pm

City fans always need a player who is the scapegoat Over the years I have watched city some players have deserved iit because of lack of effort .
however if you think Cowie should be in tne team or not,one thing for sure is he always gives 100% and does not deserve to get any abuse

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Certainly going to be a Bywater/JLS scenario with the fans.

Except Cowie doesn't deserve it!

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:28 pm

If we sign Tommy Smith he will be another MM favorite...

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Josh Low, Rhys Weston - any more suggestions?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Bob Bank Blues wrote:Josh Low, Rhys Weston - any more suggestions?

They were shit though in fairness :lol: Cowie is not :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:33 pm

BOWMAN wrote:

Agreed but MM playing him out wide when we got wide men sitting on the bench makes no sence. But i guess that makes him the new scapegoat when its MM who plays him there.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:45 pm

Correct. He's playing out of position. Playing a role for the team. giving 100%

I dont think its Don Cowie in the wrong. Last few years some of our fans
have made me sick. I wonder who the f**k they think they are

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:52 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
BOWMAN wrote:

Agreed but MM playing him out wide when we got wide men sitting on the bench makes no sence. But i guess that makes him the new scapegoat when its MM who plays him there.

Seriously, ok Cowie is out of position, however his workrate and effort cannot be faulted and anyone who complains about Cowie rather than MM decision to play him there is thick as.........

We are not in La Liga.... we are not Barca... :evil: :evil:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:57 pm

He's ineffective out wide and he was garbage on sat though, and towards the end of last season, but so were a few others. It's MM's fault though

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:58 pm

BOWMAN wrote:

Steve Grapes

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:59 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:i would start conway over him BUT the way people are going on about it you would think he is completely useless! i bet whenever we lose this year and he starts it wll be his fault, our fans love blaming someone, its never that we were the worse team on the day, it was someone fucked it up for us! we are not barcelona :old:

Nobody said we were. You seem to be jumping to conclusions about our fans.

I've never looked for a scapegoat, but I always notice when a player doesn't play well, because I watch what's in front of me. Are you seriously saying that you don't notice when a player plays badly, just that the team won or lost? You'll never be a football manager, for sure.

Don Cowie, in my opinion, is a superb, hard working player. He wasn't used to his strengths on Friday and I hope that MM can see that soon and put the team in a better formation.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:05 pm

I do'nt think of him as a scapegoat, just do'nt think he's the best player to be out on the right. I'll be fuming if he keeps Kimbo out of the team.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:i would start conway over him BUT the way people are going on about it you would think he is completely useless! i bet whenever we lose this year and he starts it wll be his fault, our fans love blaming someone, its never that we were the worse team on the day, it was someone fucked it up for us! we are not barcelona :old:

I've never looked for a scapegoat, but I always notice when a player doesn't play well, because I watch what's in front of me. Are you seriously saying that you don't notice when a player plays badly, just that the team won or lost? You'll never be a football manager, for sure.

Don Cowie, in my opinion, is a superb, hard working player. He wasn't used to his strengths on Friday and I hope that MM can see that soon and put the team in a better formation.

ive said i would start conway over him because cowie is not a wide man, MM should not start him ahead of players better than him in that position, and i have no idea what you mean about i dont notice when a player doesnt play well, where have i said anything like that? mcmaughtons getting stick now because he has to play RM an RB because cowie always ends up back in the middle of the pitch, which would be avoided if he didnt play cowie on the wing

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:12 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

ive said i would start conway over him because cowie is not a wide man, MM should not start him ahead of players better than him in that position, and i have no idea what you mean about i dont notice when a player doesnt play well, where have i said anything like that? mcmaughtons getting stick now because he has to play RM an RB because cowie always ends up back in the middle of the pitch, which would be avoided if he didnt play cowie on the wing

You haven't, it's what your sweeping, generalisation suggested, though. Is McNaughton getting stick during matches, though? I can't say I've noticed that, but there is criticism of him on here, in the same way as there is of Malky's decision to play Cowie out of position. I haven't actually noticed any criticism of Cowie himself, just MM's tactics. Maybe I've misread things, or maybe you have.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:16 pm

Hudson must be over the moon that we now have a new "scapegoat". Simple fact is... cardiff city fans on messageboards no best, and are all expert football managers. Malky should listen to us! We know best and he knows fukall.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:17 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

You haven't, it's what your sweeping, generalisation suggested, though. Is McNaughton getting stick during matches, though? I can't say I've noticed that, but there is criticism of him on here, in the same way as there is of Malky's decision to play Cowie out of position. I haven't actually noticed any criticism of Cowie himself, just MM's tactics. Maybe I've misread things, or maybe you have.

theres been a few threads about both cowie and mcnaughton, ive seen them, im sure if you looked around you would find them instead of making out that i am a complete idiot with comments like "i woud never be a manager" "maybe i have missed them" and hwere did i say mcnaughton was getting stick during matches? youre saying im making assumptons but youve done the same there

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:19 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

theres been a few threads about both cowie and mcnaughton, ive seen them, im sure if you looked around you would find them instead of making out that i am a complete idiot with comments like "i woud never be a manager" "maybe i have missed them" and hwere did i say mcnaughton was getting stick during matches? youre saying im making assumptons but youve done the same there

I didn't make out you're an idiot. Your assumption.

I tell you what, go back to your original thread (and the subject line) and see if you can tell why I bothered getting involved in it.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:20 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Hudson must be over the moon that we now have a new "scapegoat". Simple fact is... cardiff city fans on messageboards no best, and are all expert football managers. Malky should listen to us! We know best and he knows fukall.

FACT

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:21 pm

Nobody's blaming Cowie for f**k all, or using him as a scapegoat (for what though? I don't understand what you mean)

The majority are asking why Cowie is a 'Malky favourite' even though he's played out of position?

Last season for the first 3 months Cowie was a beast for us and done a proper job in the center where he's effective.... This is what we want to see from him, not him playing out wide... So i guess the moral here is that we are questioning Malky's decision in ONE GAME.... Calm down. It's a football forum... :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:22 pm

Merlin wrote:Nobody's blaming Cowie for f**k all, or using him as a scapegoat (for what though? I don't understand what you mean)

The majority are asking why Cowie is a 'Malky favourite' even though he's played out of position?

Last season for the first 3 months Cowie was a beast for us and done a proper job in the center where he's effective.... This is what we want to see from him, not him playing out wide... So i guess the moral here is that we are questioning Malky's decision in ONE GAME.... Calm down. It's a football forum... :ayatollah:

Thank you. Explain that to James, because he didn't see it.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

I didn't make out you're an idiot. Your assumption.

I tell you what, go back to your original thread (and the subject line) and see if you can tell why I bothered getting involved in it.

your comment had a sarcastic undertone (my assumption) and i cant help but notice we are arguing the same point?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Scape goat - an entity to blame when something goes wrong.

We won a game, nothing went wrong there's no scape goat.

Shall I lock this thread now? :lol:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:26 pm

I wasn't being sarcastic and we are not arguing the same point. You went on the attack against your fellow CCFC fans for having an opposing opinion and I picked your post to bits, because I thought it was poor. You made assumptions and some of your comments just appeared to be childish. Nobody said we are Barcelona, or is suggesting we are, by being critical of players or tactics.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Merlin wrote:Scape goat - an entity to blame when something goes wrong.

We won a game, nothing went wrong there's no scape goat.

Shall I lock this thread now? :lol:

Delete it, if you like, because the title is wrong and it went downhill from there.

:lol:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Merlin wrote:Nobody's blaming Cowie for f**k all, or using him as a scapegoat (for what though? I don't understand what you mean)

To be fair I never saw Cowie consistantly played down the middle for us, he's only ever really played down the right or down the left when Liam Lawrence was playing down the right for us. Cowie is a quality footballer with the biggest engine I have ever seen from someone in a City shirt. Unfortunately as said above, he is not an attacking threat on the wing as he doesn't have the pace or dribbling skill to beat a player. Cowie is a centre midfielder, not a winger and it's Malky's fault he isn't being utilised fully. We have a lot of good centre midfielders now so it seems Cowie will continue to be used down the right, but I still honestly think Conway should have started down the right instead as he has had a good pre-season, looks sharp and possesses more of an attacking threat. I am fine with Cowie being used down the right for tough away games mind as he helps to jam things up and make us more compact which makes us harder to break down.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:I wasn't being sarcastic and we are not arguing the same point. You went on the attack against your fellow CCFC fans for having an opposing opinion and I picked your post to bits, because I thought it was poor. You made assumptions and some of your comments just appeared to be childish. Nobody said we are Barcelona, or is suggesting we are, by being critical of players or tactics.

well im not the only person who has noticed it, someone makes the same barca comment up top, ive said malky souldnt play him out wide and cowie is getting the blame for it, we struggled to beat huddersfield and a fair few people went crazy like its our divine right to beat them

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

To be fair I never saw Cowie consistantly played down the middle for us, he's only ever really played down the right or down the left when Liam Lawrence was playing down the right for us. Cowie is a quality footballer with the biggest engine I have ever seen from someone in a City shirt. Unfortunately as said above, he is not an attacking threat on the wing as he doesn't have the pace or dribbling skill to beat a player. Cowie is a centre midfielder, not a winger and it's Malky's fault he isn't being utilised fully. We have a lot of good centre midfielders now so it seems Cowie will continue to be used down the right, but I still honestly think Conway should have started down the right instead as he has had a good pre-season, looks sharp and possesses more of an attacking threat. I am fine with Cowie being used down the right for tough away games mind as he helps to jam things up and make us more compact which makes us harder to break down.

Good post.

:thumbup:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:34 pm

I couldnt give a shit if he "works hard", putting a shift in is the least we can expect from a proffesional footballer.

With the squad and players available to us Friday there was absoutely no need for Cowie to be stuck out wide right where he offers zero. A passenger on Friday and if it was beggars belief he started ahead of Conway or Masin then it was absolute astonishment he lasted until the 78th minute.

Should be used as centre mid back up or in an injury crisis only.

Only one person to blame - MALKY