Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What Do You Pay For Sky?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:10 am

Just noticed a thread on CCMB (I'm sure the poster won't mind me stealing his topic), for those of you that have Sky, what do you pay a month and for what?

I'm currently paying £26 for basic TV pack, unlimited broadband and calls.

Looking to get the sports pack as well but am certainly not paying the £20 extra a month it costs on their website.

Re: What Do You Pay For Sky?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:19 am

sky sports half price for 6 months deal finishes end of week pal :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:40 am

I pay £79 a month thats sky wolrd which is every think from movies all sports and espn also unlimited broadband and calls. not the cheapest is it virgin as good deals atmo but cant get in my area, :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:49 am

£44 P/M No Movies no HD kids pack, sky 1 etc :(

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:53 am

£100 thats all channels, HD, multiroom, broadband, all phonecalls, phone line rental.....

Theres an awful lot of people chatting an awfully large bag of bollox on the ccmb thread.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:54 am

Skysports and Kids package not movies - ring them tell them you are quitting they`ll reduce your tarrif for 3 months

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:08 am

Tried that, they said ok......so i was nearly without sky :( had to make some crap up on the spot about wife just getting home and saying we can afford it anyway....

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:19 am

I recently told sky I was quitting as I was paying to much. I have the normal package also sky sports and hd. The bill was around 62 quid a month.
They accepted my 31 day notice. Which did suprise me but at the Sam time I am so stubborn I would not go bk on my word.
However 2 weeks before my time was up I got a call offering me all my package fr half price for 12 months and no contract.

This is the new way sky are dealing with it as to many people are trying it on but not going through with it.

Even if you give your 31 day notice you can still go bk and canel that. So give it a go.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:20 am

I have unlimited Internet for 7.50, fee evening and weekend calls, linerental for £1 for the year, multi room for £10 have sky sports package for £5 for first 6 months, and normal sky package which is about 20 plus music and the odd extra for the £1 extra stuff. Don't have espn and don't have movies.

Had just basic tv package with them for just a couple of years. Then started adding Internet and tv. Make a point of complaining every 6 months. Always go through to cancelations and have the balls to go through with it. They will always offer you something. They get paid commission for keeping you at the cancelations dept.

I war hd package next, but no way I'm paying for it.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:04 am

£51.50 PLus sky sports pack 22.95 (virgin media)

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:52 am

£58 with sports and broadband.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:35 pm

My Sky+ box packed in recently. When I called them up they wanted £15 to send an engineer round, I said no, thinking they would then send him around for free (as they usually do). But it didn't happen this time so now I'm without Sky :lol: I guess they're not as desperate to hang onto customers as they used to be.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Pay about £110 a month,full package plus espn,Internet,phone,hd,and multirooms! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:08 pm

manchinoboy10 wrote:Pay about £110 a month,full package plus espn,Internet,phone,hd,and multirooms! :ayatollah:

:shock:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:10 pm

We pay about £27 for sky enterntainment+ and sky sports, but I think after December it will rise to £57

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:11 pm

manchinoboy10 wrote:Pay about £110 a month,full package plus espn,Internet,phone,hd,and multirooms! :ayatollah:

Are you bellers in disguise :shock: mines like £45 got everything bar movies, who needs movies when you got the net to stream movies to the tv, i phone sky up every month pleading im poor new baby just come, getting divorced, how times are hard, lost my job it always works any excuse as to why i might leave with the blagg and it goes down every phone call :lol:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:36 pm

£59 a month inc multiroom which has sky plus, And i have hd box downstairs and all the channels :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Got hd and 3 multi rooms which is £40 on its own!the rest not so bad! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:14 pm

110 which includes line rental HD 3D and multiroom

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:27 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Tried that, they said ok......so i was nearly without sky :( had to make some crap up on the spot about wife just getting home and saying we can afford it anyway....

:lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Thanks for all the replies.

Looks like I will be playing the sob story to see if I can get Sky Sports as cheaply as I can.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:32 pm

I pay 50 quid or so. Have sky sports and movies. I only have movies cos they gave it to me for free when I wanted to cancel sports cos I couldbt afford it.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Sky are a joke.

It should be one price for everyone, its all a load of bollocks and
I did here they are cutting down on the offers soon and letting people cancel
if they want as they know they will come back as there is no other option.

They have you over a barrel basically.

At the end of the day, without meaning to sound harsh if you cant afford it, don't have it.

Having Sports etc is a luxury product at the end of the day, you wouldn't go into Tesco and say, excuse me,
im a little short on cash this month, any chance I can have this crate of Stella for the price of a Tesco Everyday Value crate,
Tidy, Thanks.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:52 pm

34 quid for entertainment and all sports.

I do sky go which lets me view on 2 devices. 1 being the Xbox and the other my iPad.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:12 pm

£26.50 for sky world, no HD, just added espn for three months free. 12 months half price runs out at beginning of December, will cancel and wait for another 12 months half price offer. Longest I've ever had to wait for offer letter is 6 weeks, shortest 2 weeks. Going to be more difficult this year because it will be switched off over Christmas.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:34 pm

I pay about 85 quid a month for virgin

That gives me a Tivo box in my front room a V plus box in the other
No Sky sports but ESPN and LFC --No Movies but all the other crappy stuff the Mrs likes.
Also 60 meg fast Broadband virgin phone with phone calls Bill is about 85 quid when call sare about 25 quid a mont --sometiem smy daughter and Mrs have long mobile calls about 8 quid for 1 call --talking bollocks for an hour with " A Friend who was distraught and needed me" gets my goat had abill of 135 quid one month about 75 quid calls

Then i have a 5 pound mobile contract 100 min plus unlimeted texts

Not complaining too much

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:40 pm

they gave me a deal to have sports and movies for 36 quid up untill janruary next year then it will rise to 55 but i can cancel it anytime!, asked can i upgrade my sky box since ive just got regular sky and that they said i can have a brand new sky plus hd box and free installment BUT id have to pay 12 quid odd on top my bill for all sky hd chanels and must have them for 12 months, so i asked well what if i didnt want the hd chanels they said if have to pay 109 quid roughly for a new box and for a guy to install it!, cheeky fuckers fairplay to them, if i was a first time sky user id have it all for free but as usual they f**k the current users about.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:57 pm

citybluechris wrote:they gave me a deal to have sports and movies for 36 quid up untill janruary next year then it will rise to 55 but i can cancel it anytime!, asked can i upgrade my sky box since ive just got regular sky and that they said i can have a brand new sky plus hd box and free installment BUT id have to pay 12 quid odd on top my bill for all sky hd chanels and must have them for 12 months, so i asked well what if i didnt want the hd chanels they said if have to pay 109 quid roughly for a new box and for a guy to install it!, cheeky fuckers fairplay to them, if i was a first time sky user id have it all for free but as usual they f**k the current users about.

cancel your sky, and get it put it in someone else's name... can get all the new deals then :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Chip shop Alley wrote:£44 P/M No Movies no HD kids pack, sky 1 etc :(

tell them you are leaving sure find you a deal with footy ect for same as you are paying now! i pay 43 with sports + movies although movies is finishing end nov but sure they will negosciate something :lol: