Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Langston deal any news?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:34 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Sam wants £10m up front and £5m promotion bonus.

VT's last offer was £9m and £2m every season we are in prem up to 3 seasons...so £6m

Both come to £15m

Its a case of 2 egotistical businessmen not wanting to back down so they think they have won, when in reality its virtually the same bloody amount of money.

They are both to blame in this game, it just happens to be us in the middle.

With that the £15 million isnt garunteed after all what happens if we get relegated or dont go up? Or is if we have 3 seasons overall in the prem he will get the money?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:40 pm

It isnt guarenteed either in the deal Sam wants.

It boils down to ego's......Sam can afford to write off the £1m so he accepts £9m and VT sure as hell can afford the extra £1m to pay Sam £10m

Neither want to lose face, its who blinks first....my money is on VT to get his way. Hes proven he is ruthless by the whole rebrand and pissing off the clubs fans, he aint gonna worry about a bushy eyebrowed lebanese crook

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:42 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:It isnt guarenteed either in the deal Sam wants.

It boils down to ego's......Sam can afford to write off the £1m so he accepts £9m and VT sure as hell can afford the extra £1m to pay Sam £10m

Neither want to lose face, its who blinks first....my money is on VT to get his way. Hes proven he is ruthless by the whole rebrand and pissing off the clubs fans, he aint gonna worry about a bushy eyebrowed lebanese crook

True but he would get more money in that case. But I do agree its about losing face but as I said before the longer it goes on the harder it will be for Sam to keep saying no

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:28 pm

I heard Dai Hunt is going to mediate.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Just said on Radio Wales that he's turned the latest offer down.

:(