Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Langston deal any news?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:00 am

After the latest offer from the club its gone quiet again, any thoughts anyone. ? :ayatollah:

Re: Langston deal any news?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:01 am

its in discussion - everyone knows sam is mulling it over - not really a point for another topic

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:03 am

NIBluebird wrote:its in discussion - everyone knows sam is mulling it over - not really a point for another topic

Thanks for the input but it has not really added anything to the thread.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:04 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89844

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:08 am

NIBluebird wrote:http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89844

That was old news from Saturday.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:02 am

Bluebird64 wrote:After the latest offer from the club its gone quiet again, any thoughts anyone. ? :ayatollah:

No, no news, there might be in the middle of September.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:13 am

Why Annis..... What's happening in middle of Sept.?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:13 am

there must be more to this latest offer ......i would of thought sam would of excepted it by now if he / langstone were going to ....makes me wonder what were not being told .....by both sides.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:09 am

I think it's pretty obvious the Malaysians won't give Hammam the 10 million up front he is requesting and will continue to put over the impression it's Hammam moving the goalposts, when it's the Malaysian's fault as they're only offering 9 million up front, a million short of what Hammam is rightfully asking for. The Malaysian's I believe are trying to fool us into thinking they are trying to pay Langston off, but it doesn't seem to me they have any intention of converting our debt to equity until we get to the Premiership (if that ever happens). The Malaysian's can spin it any way they want with the add ons etc quoted, but the fact remains Hamma has asked for 10 million up front, the Malaysian's have only offered 9 million up front. It's not Hamma moving the goal posts, it's the Malaysian's not living up to their end of the bargain in paying Langston off and converting the debt into equity - because they have no intention to yet and are quite happy for this saga to drag on until we reach the Premiership. That's the way I see things anyway from what I have read.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:19 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I think it's pretty obvious the Malaysians won't give Hammam the 10 million up front he is requesting and will continue to put over the impression it's Hammam moving the goalposts, when it's the Malaysian's fault as they're only offering 9 million up front, a million short of what Hammam is rightfully asking for. The Malaysian's I believe are trying to fool us into thinking they are trying to pay Langston off, but it doesn't seem to me they have any intention of converting our debt to equity until we get to the Premiership (if that ever happens). The Malaysian's can spin it any way they want with the add ons etc quoted, but the fact remains Hamma has asked for 10 million up front, the Malaysian's have only offered 9 million up front. It's not Hamma moving the goal posts, it's the Malaysian's not living up to their end of the bargain in paying Langston off and converting the debt into equity - because they have no intention to yet and are quite happy for this saga to drag on until we reach the Premiership. That's the way I see things anyway from what I have read.

You raise a good point. Are the Malaysians going to convert the debt to equity as soon as the Langston deal is concluded or are they going to wait till the we get to the prem.It was my impression that it was based on the conclusion of the Lanston deal and I think they are playing a dangerous game if they expect fans to wait for promotion which might not happen in the short term. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:36 am

Sorry but Sams far too busy working out how to move the goalposts one more time rather than deal pmsl :lol: :lol: :lol: - not gonna happen :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:40 am

The way i see it we was told theres 10million in the budget this season for this issue so why is it not payed, was we not under the impression this was being sorted and the debt to equity we all wanted most of all out of this rebrand crap sorted, instead we are no better off from last season or the one before it bar a better squad and a new look cardiff city all round while being hilted up with more loans since the very 1st day the malaysians come in. Nothing has changed at all but a new look cardiff city, thats all we have had. I think people are in for a shock if they think it will cost less if we get to the prem as it will only go up due to revenue streams im sure of that :shock: :ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:41 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I think it's pretty obvious the Malaysians won't give Hammam the 10 million up front he is requesting and will continue to put over the impression it's Hammam moving the goalposts, when it's the Malaysian's fault as they're only offering 9 million up front, a million short of what Hammam is rightfully asking for. The Malaysian's I believe are trying to fool us into thinking they are trying to pay Langston off, but it doesn't seem to me they have any intention of converting our debt to equity until we get to the Premiership (if that ever happens). The Malaysian's can spin it any way they want with the add ons etc quoted, but the fact remains Hamma has asked for 10 million up front, the Malaysian's have only offered 9 million up front. It's not Hamma moving the goal posts, it's the Malaysian's not living up to their end of the bargain in paying Langston off and converting the debt into equity - because they have no intention to yet and are quite happy for this saga to drag on until we reach the Premiership. That's the way I see things anyway from what I have read.

You raise a good point. Are the Malaysians going to convert the debt to equity as soon as the Langston deal is concluded or are they going to wait till the we get to the prem.It was my impression that it was based on the conclusion of the Lanston deal and I think they are playing a dangerous game if they expect fans to wait for promotion which might not happen in the short term. :ayatollah:

I honestly believe the Langston deal won't be concluded until we get to the Premiership, unless the Malaysian's can really screw Langston over before then of course. It will be interesting to see if Langston do get paid off, whether the Malaysian's will stick to their promise of IMMEDIATELY converting our debt into equity, or will they drag it out until we reach the Premiership when they know we will be more valuable?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:44 am

ihatealiens wrote:Sorry but Sams far too busy working out how to move the goalposts one more time rather than deal pmsl :lol: :lol: :lol: - not gonna happen :ayatollah:

But Sam isn't moving the goalposts is he? Sam has asked for 10 million up front and the Malaysian's are only offering him 9 million? If Sam was offered 10 million up front and declined, THEN he would be moving the goalposts, but it seems the Malaysian's have failed to live up to their end of the bargain and offer the 10 million up front, which makes me think the Malaysian's are delaying things and are quite happy for this to drag on.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:46 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

I honestly believe the Langston deal won't be concluded until we get to the Premiership, unless the Malaysian's can really screw Langston over before then of course. It will be interesting to see if Langston do get paid off, whether the Malaysian's will stick to their promise of IMMEDIATELY converting our debt into equity, or will they drag it out until we reach the Premiership when they know we will be more valuable?

I would doubt that they would try and stretch it out. Even supporters such as Gwyn have said they have put a time limit on them delivering on their promises.They would surely know that this would unite the fans against them and they would therefore be wary of this. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:50 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Sorry but Sams far too busy working out how to move the goalposts one more time rather than deal pmsl :lol: :lol: :lol: - not gonna happen :ayatollah:

But Sam isn't moving the goalposts is he? Sam has asked for 10 million up front and the Malaysian's are only offering him 9 million? If Sam was offered 10 million up front and declined, THEN he would be moving the goalposts, but it seems the Malaysian's have failed to live up to their end of the bargain and offer the 10 million up front, which makes me think the Malaysian's are delaying things and are quite happy for this to drag on.

sorry butt u only listening to propaganda on this forum - 2 sides to a story it will all come out in the wash as they say :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:37 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

sorry butt u only listening to propaganda on this forum - 2 sides to a story it will all come out in the wash as they say :ayatollah:

No I'm not, I'm listening to news articles from journalists who are stating Sam would accept 10 million up front but the Malaysian's are only offering 9 up front plus add ons. If the Malaysian's offer 10 million up front, I would expect Sam to accept as this is what he's demanding, but it seems the Malaysian's are not meeting his demands and are not willing to cough up the extra million.

I also wonder if the Malaysian's are reluctant to pay up the extra million up front, where is all our money coming from to sign players? I hope it's not more loans as this is what I'm fearing?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

No I'm not, I'm listening to news articles from journalists who are stating Sam would accept 10 million up front but the Malaysian's are only offering 9 up front plus add ons. If the Malaysian's offer 10 million up front, I would expect Sam to accept as this is what he's demanding, but it seems the Malaysian's are not meeting his demands and are not willing to cough up the extra million.

I also wonder if the Malaysian's are reluctant to pay up the extra million up front, where is all our money coming from to sign players? I hope it's not more loans as this is what I'm fearing?

First off its not £10 million up front. Its £10 million plus £5 million on promotion completely different. The malaysians said there was £10 million to pay if off he wants £5 million more. The malaysians have their own right to try to knock an extra few million off if they want they have every right. Sam doesnt want us to go all the way to 2016 because he knows he will get f**k all so he wants it settled earlier. Hence this gives the Malaysians enough leverage to try to lower the amount Sam wants. As for whether the £5 million was always there or wasnt I dont want to get into it just depends on who you want to believe. The club have offered him deals it us up to Sam to now reply. Secondly it was never said that the debt to equity would be immediatly after or whether it would be all of it at once so who knows.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:51 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

First off its not £10 million up front. Its £10 million plus £5 million on promotion completely different. The malaysians said there was £10 million to pay if off he wants £5 million more. The malaysians have their own right to try to knock an extra few million off if they want they have every right. Sam doesnt want us to go all the way to 2016 because he knows he will get f**k all so he wants it settled earlier. Hence this gives the Malaysians enough leverage to try to lower the amount Sam wants. As for whether the £5 million was always there or wasnt I dont want to get into it just depends on who you want to believe. The club have offered him deals it us up to Sam to now reply. Secondly it was never said that the debt to equity would be immediatly after or whether it would be all of it at once so who knows.

But Sam isn't stupid and knows we might not get promotion, so the 5 million on promotion might be insignificant. This is why he's demanding 10 million up front instead of 9 million! The Malaysian's said they would convert our debt to equity when the Langston debt is resolved.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:54 pm

He wants £10m plus £5m bonus get your facts right anything to have a go at VT and TG

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

But Sam isn't stupid and knows we might not get promotion, so the 5 million on promotion might be insignificant. This is why he's demanding 10 million up front instead of 9 million! The Malaysian's said they would convert our debt to equity when the Langston debt is resolved.

But wasn't it just £10,000,000 full stop once upon a time then the promotion bonus came after? From what I have gathered both sides are moving goalposts.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:58 pm

Igovernor wrote:

He wants £10m plus £5m bonus get your facts right anything to have a go at VT and TG

Sam wants 10 million UP FRONT, plus 5 million bonus IF we get promoted, NOT 9 million up front and 6 million if we get promoted. The Malaysian's are trying to rip Sam off out of a million pounds IF we fail to get promoted, surely you can all see that?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:59 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

But the Malaysians WANT promotion and are determined to get it so essentialy it is significant. Therefore its £15 million not £10 million he wants at the end of the day. The Malaysians can offer what they want at the end of the day they are not responsible to pay it off but just think this the longer it goes on and the closer it gets to the deadline Sam is going to have to decide how much he wants that money. If it drags on I can see Sam accepting the Malaysians deals and it could come to a lot less then whats been offered now

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:04 pm

ihatealiens wrote:But the Malaysians WANT promotion and are determined to get it so essentialy it is significant. Therefore its £15 million not £10 million he wants at the end of the day. The Malaysians can offer what they want at the end of the day they are not responsible to pay it off but just think this the longer it goes on and the closer it gets to the deadline Sam is going to have to decide how much he wants that money. If it drags on I can see Sam accepting the Malaysians deals and it could come to a lot less then whats been offered now

I agree with what you're saying, but if the Malaysian's are so sure the promotion bonus will be significant and they will end up paying Sam 15 million regardless, why not just pay Sam 10 million up front to get this long winded sorry saga dealt with so we can press on with more important matters? I honestly feel the Malaysian's are intentionally delaying things, although of course that's just my opinion.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Igovernor wrote:

Sam wants 10 million UP FRONT, plus 5 million bonus IF we get promoted, NOT 9 million up front and 6 million if we get promoted. The Malaysian's are trying to rip Sam off out of a million pounds IF we fail to get promoted, surely you can all see that?

Or are they doing what's in the clubs best interests? Truth is nobody knows both sides of the story just a lot of guessing that is why I for one am choosing not to point fingers at the moment.
Last edited by Paulwallace on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:But the Malaysians WANT promotion and are determined to get it so essentialy it is significant. Therefore its £15 million not £10 million he wants at the end of the day. The Malaysians can offer what they want at the end of the day they are not responsible to pay it off but just think this the longer it goes on and the closer it gets to the deadline Sam is going to have to decide how much he wants that money. If it drags on I can see Sam accepting the Malaysians deals and it could come to a lot less then whats been offered now

I agree with what you're saying, but if the Malaysian's are so sure the promotion bonus will be significant and they will end up paying Sam 15 million regardless, why not just pay Sam 10 million up front to get this long winded sorry saga dealt with so we can press on with more important matters? I honestly feel the Malaysian's are intentionally delaying things, although of course that's just my opinion.

I dont think they have actually offered £15 million over all Im pretty sure the most offered was about £12-13 million. I know its only a couple of million but at the end of the day why not try and save a few bob while we can. We would all do the same in all walks of life

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Phrases like 'rip off' and 'lies' are all too emotive - this is a business transaction, not an episode of Eastenders.

I for one don't know anything about the business negotiations of these two Companies, and I'm sure whoever thinks they know something will only know just that - something, not everything.

time to leave this broken record alone - just like the re-brand argument, it gets us nowhere other than pissed off - again.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:10 pm

Also no offence at Annis or Carl but most of the information on these dealings are coming from them which inversa is coming from Sam. None of us knows the full dealing between both parties and to be honest we shouldnt as it is a buisness agreement and should be kept private

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:23 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:its in discussion - everyone knows sam is mulling it over - not really a point for another topic

Thanks for the input but it has not really added anything to the thread.

I think when it haoppens there will be about 300 separate threads as per usual

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:31 pm

Sam wants £10m up front and £5m promotion bonus.

VT's last offer was £9m and £2m every season we are in prem up to 3 seasons...so £6m

Both come to £15m

Its a case of 2 egotistical businessmen not wanting to back down so they think they have won, when in reality its virtually the same bloody amount of money.

They are both to blame in this game, it just happens to be us in the middle.