Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CONNOLLY TO SIGN A 3YR DEAL

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:43 am

Heard that Matt Connolly will today complete his move to City by signing a 3yr deal on a reported £12.5k a week (less than he was on at QPR)

Apparently the deal os all done and he's had his medical, just about putting pen to paper this morning. Carl/Annis/City Gent feel free to confirm

Re: CONNOLLY TO SIGN A 3YR DEAL

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:48 am

Bluebird99 wrote:Heard that Matt Connolly will today complete his move to City by signing a 3yr deal on a reported £12.5k a week (less than he was on at QPR)

Apparently the deal os all done and he's had his medical, just about putting pen to paper this morning. Carl/Annis/City Gent feel free to confirm

am i not allowed to comment :o :o :( :( :(

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:52 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90036

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:39 am

NIBluebird wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:Heard that Matt Connolly will today complete his move to City by signing a 3yr deal on a reported £12.5k a week (less than he was on at QPR)

am i not allowed to comment :o :o :( :( :(

haha course you are lol

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:02 am

12.5k :o

cant help but feel thats an awful lot. We do seem to pay so much more on wages than other clubs :cry:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:11 am

Thing is, he's coming from a money bags club where big wages were paid. No doubting that he's the quality we need but I guess we're gonna have to take the hit on wages. We have probably paid less than he's worth too though in transfer fees.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:23 am

its a problem that we have as well, struggling to get rid of players because of the wages we are paying. I reckon most of the squad are on more than 10k a week now :(