Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THEO WHARTON.......How is he progressing...??

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:20 am

Pal of mine is a Premier League scout and talking to him the other day, he said "you've got a good un, mind. Young lad called Theo Wharton has a very big future if he continues progressing!"

He was right with Ramsey, Bale and Gunter.......so what of young Wharton? Will he ever get a chance at City? Is he good enough yet? Loan the lad for games?

Re: THEO WHARTON.......How is he progressing...??

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:40 am

He's been involved in a few pre-season game. It's hard to judge yet but Malky clearly sees something in him coz he's on the fringes of the squad along with a few other young ones. He probably does need a loan at some point but watch this space I guess

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:56 am

Hope he's not a Swansea scout...

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:50 pm

He is a decent player , but to put him in the Ramsey and Bale category is really stretching it a bit. He will be 18 in November I believe and just think what Ramsey and Bale where doing at that age.
I know the Man UTd scout thought a lot of him when he was younger and then Theo did stand out at about 13 and 14 but time progresses. If anything in Malkys selection has anything to go by then he seems to have slipped behind Tommy O'Sullivan in the pecking order at the moment.

I for one thought Theo was one of the best 13 year old saw at football but I have seen many players at that age who look to have a good future fail when others catch them up physically I still believe he can make it thou but not a Ramsey or Bale

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:00 pm

played with him for coed eva when we were about 7-10 hope he makes for city :ayatollah: