So he is signing tomorrow

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Connolly tomorrow and were still on for Tommy Smith. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: So he is signing tomorrow

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:47 pm

By the end of the week by any chance Annis ;) :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Tidy :D Will there be anytime organised for the confirmation on the site? Morning or Afternoon?
Seeing as we look strong on for Smith I cann see this being done with in a few days! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:48 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:By the end of the week by any chance Annis ;) :ayatollah:

Sam, Malky is very hopeful. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:49 pm

Let's hope so :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:57 pm

Malky must have a scout permanently at QPR games I reckon!

Malky needs to send some of his scouts to Barcelona like DJ at Sheffield Wednesday :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:10 pm

500k not bad at all!!

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:15 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19319677

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:55 am

I think we've all seen Tommy Smith over the years and to be honest, we could do and need better - a target man would be helpful.

What is more worrying is the trend of Malky surrounding himself by old players and using them in advance of better ones - hence the better ones playing out of position - I hope this isn't the sign of things to come, that's where Moans failed miserably, playing his favourites who wouldn't argue!

In theory we should playing Bellamy, Kim Bo, Mutch, Whittingham and Gunnarsson - no room for his old brigade and they are the best players - I fear that won't happen!

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:58 am

arri potta wrote:I think we've all seen Tommy Smith over the years and to be honest, we could do and need better - a target man would be helpful.

What is more worrying is the trend of Malky surrounding himself by old players and using them in advance of better ones - hence the better ones playing out of position - I hope this isn't the sign of things to come, that's where Moans failed miserably, playing his favourites who wouldn't argue!

In theory we should playing Bellamy, Kim Bo, Mutch, Whittingham and Gunnarsson - no room for his old brigade and they are the best players - I fear that won't happen!

old brigade? we have quite a yound squad to be fair. albeit with a few good older players like helguson and bellamy

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:00 am

paulh_85 wrote:
arri potta wrote:I think we've all seen Tommy Smith over the years and to be honest, we could do and need better - a target man would be helpful.

old brigade? we have quite a yound squad to be fair. albeit with a few good older players like helguson and bellamy

old brigade as in Malky's players he's had before at other clubs!

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:01 am

ah ok, Cowie is the only one who springs to mind for me. Looking at our squad now, he is the only one i would say is in the team but shouldnt.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:12 am

This is my favored midfield also. Whilst we're waiting for Kim, use Conway or Mason

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:07 am

Don't forget there is also the loan market I'm sure we'll grab one or two loans as well as these signings! A great squad co
Ing along!

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:26 am

Without the 'old brigade' as you call it QPR would never have got promoted as Champions.

A massive factor in us going up was having the right 'blend' experience, youth, energy all make a successful team.

Helguson, Bellamy, Smith & McNaughton will be the spine of your team, mix that with Mason, Cowie, Connolly, Kim etc & you have a good chance of going up.

Without the likes of Paddy Kenny, Shaun Derry, Clint Hill & Heidur Helgusson their was not a chance in hell of us getting promoted.

You're gaffer is going about things the right way.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:46 am

arri potta wrote:In theory we should playing Bellamy, Kim Bo, Mutch, Whittingham and Gunnarsson - no room for his old brigade and they are the best players - I fear that won't happen!

We need strength in depth though and Smith will provide that.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:55 am

Connolly was part of Reading and QPR's promotion squads - I have a mate who is a Reading fan who assures me he will be a quality signing. Trustworthy, and solid anywhere along the back line. I welcome this signing personally

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Without the 'old brigade' as you call it QPR would never have got promoted as Champions.

A massive factor in us going up was having the right 'blend' experience, youth, energy all make a successful team.

Helguson, Bellamy, Smith & McNaughton will be the spine of your team, mix that with Mason, Cowie, Connolly, Kim etc & you have a good chance of going up.

Without the likes of Paddy Kenny, Shaun Derry, Clint Hill & Heidur Helgusson their was not a chance in hell of us getting promoted.

Having an Adel Taarabt also helped ;)

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Without the 'old brigade' as you call it QPR would never have got promoted as Champions.

What bothers me is that if Connolly cant get into your back four even after having a 5 nil drubbing from the Jacks why would we want him or Smith for that matter, sounds more like your Malaysian fella trying to off load his cast offs onto our gullible Malaysians.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:02 pm

what does saturdays result against Swansea mean? Connelly wasnt even playing :?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:05 pm

paulh_85 wrote:what does saturdays result against Swansea mean? Connelly wasnt even playing :?

That he still cant get into the squad

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Having an Adel Taarabt also helped ;)

It did mate but you know what he couldn't get away with all the things he did without players like Shaun Derry doing all the shit donkey work, protecting him & giving him the license to do what he did. Without that older experienced head he wouldn't of had half a good season as he did.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:14 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:what does saturdays result against Swansea mean? Connelly wasnt even playing :?

so?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:15 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:

Mark Hughes inherited a Neil Warnock squad, when he came in Conners was out on loan, in the meanwhile Hughes brought in his own players & kept the players who were playing week in week out, nothing to do with not being good enough in my opinion I just firmly think he has his own players he wants to work with & Connolly unfortunately isn't one of them.

In short, he hasn't been given a chance by Mark Hughes.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Mark Hughes inherited a Neil Warnock squad, when he came in Conners was out on loan, in the meanwhile Hughes brought in his own players & kept the players who were playing week in week out, nothing to do with not being good enough in my opinion I just firmly think he has his own players he wants to work with & Connolly unfortunately isn't one of them.

In short, he hasn't been given a chance by Mark Hughes.

Or Hughes just dont rate him