Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

C1DFF

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Saw this licence plate on a black jeep late after the game on Friday and again the next day down Porthcawl. When i saw it i thought it used to belong to Sam so wondered if it was anyone at the club who still owned it or whether i got it completey wrong. Thought you guys could help in my investigations.

Re: C1DFF

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Natman Blue wrote:Saw this licence plate on a black jeep late after the game on Friday and again the next day down Porthcawl. When i saw it i thought it used to belong to Sam so wondered if it was anyone at the club who still owned it or whether i got it completey wrong. Thought you guys could help in my investigations.

Its Tony Rees number plate. Ex News of the World reporter, but a good bloke.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:Saw this licence plate on a black jeep late after the game on Friday and again the next day down Porthcawl. When i saw it i thought it used to belong to Sam so wondered if it was anyone at the club who still owned it or whether i got it completey wrong. Thought you guys could help in my investigations.

:lol: I love the way you have to qualify the fact that he was an ex N.O.W reporter with 'he's a good bloke'.

Didn't he write a chapter in one of your books ? Sounded a bit full of himself in there to be fair.

What's he doing now ?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:lol: I love the way you have to qualify the fact that he was an ex N.O.W reporter with 'he's a good bloke'.

Didn't he write a chapter in one of your books ? Sounded a bit full of himself in there to be fair.

What's he doing now ?

:lol: :lol:
Tim, Yes he did and he now teaches students in Cardiff Uni to be reporters,he has a season ticket in the Ninian Stand.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Any idea how much he paid for it Annis?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:44 pm

BarnesyBlue77 wrote:Any idea how much he paid for it Annis?

A few thousand pounds, about 10 years ago.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

What's he doing now ?

:lol: :lol:
Tim, Yes he did and he now teaches students in Cardiff Uni to be reporters,he has a season ticket in the Ninian Stand.

Cheers Annis.

The other NOW guy,Mario seemed a decent guy. Had a good chat to him on the Ridsdale march . I guess he's another victim of Murdoch's attempt to cover his arse.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Is that tony rees from abercynon, used to do away games with him in the seventies havnt seen him since

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:21 pm

So did it used to be Sam's as well?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:22 pm

Thanks for the answer too

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:50 pm

no.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:
BarnesyBlue77 wrote:Any idea how much he paid for it Annis?

A few thousand pounds, about 10 years ago.

That's a bit steep for a season ticket.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:42 am

hed be great as our new fans leader --he probably knows evrything with his ability to Tap phones

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:51 am

wasnt sams, c4rd1ff? or c4rdff?