Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FOLLOWING GWYN'S WARNING

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:57 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:I'm now considering not going to Bristol on Saturday.

Was looking forward to the away day, but the last thing I want is to end up in a hospital bed.

It's had the opposite effect on me :lol:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:08 pm

FFS, :lol: :lol: let's just roll OVER the bridge------- and have a nice day out :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: 3pts to the LADS. CCFC

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:22 pm

taffy123 wrote:FFS, :lol: :lol: let's just roll OVER the bridge------- and have a nice day out :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: 3pts to the LADS. CCFC

I agree.

First post was idiotic!

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:23 pm

fu## sake you should of come in the 70's 80's even the 90's early 2000's :old:

it's a local derby the atmosphere should be smart.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Can't wait for it i'll proudly be wearing my old blue cardiff top and f**k all will happen unlesss you go looking for it hope the atmosphere will be good . Mind you i've only been there twice before Jan 2011 when we lost 3-0 and 2003 when we lost 2-0 hopefully we will win this time.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:12 pm

phildavies wrote:Can't wait for it i'll proudly be wearing my old blue cardiff top and f**k all will happen unlesss you go looking for it hope the atmosphere will be good . Mind you i've only been there twice before Jan 2011 when we lost 3-0 and 2003 when we lost 2-0 hopefully we will win this time.

Stay away, Jonah!

:lol:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:24 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
phildavies wrote:Can't wait for it i'll proudly be wearing my old blue cardiff top and f**k all will happen unlesss you go looking for it hope the atmosphere will be good . Mind you i've only been there twice before Jan 2011 when we lost 3-0 and 2003 when we lost 2-0 hopefully we will win this time.

Stay away, Jonah!

:D yeah probably will jinx it again.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:35 pm

We've done well against them for ages since the play off semi 2002!

:ayatollah:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:07 pm

placid-casual wrote:We've done well against them for ages since the play off semi 2002!

Last season away?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:43 pm

Was looking forward to the away day, but the last thing I want is to end up in a hospital bed.

Is this what the support has become..?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:53 pm

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:36 pm

Gwyn is just giving a heads up to some of the young lads travelling under there own steam as its not a bubble trip and also hitting the problem head on of us not having to have so many bubble trips in the future if Saturdays game goes off without to many incidents.

All need to travel safley and not draw attention to yourself around the ground.

I will travel with my lad by car and I'm confident of getting in and out without issues but that's purely down to many away days dating back to the 80's?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:25 am

placid-casual wrote:fu## sake you should of come in the 70's 80's even the 90's early 2000's :old:

it's a local derby the atmosphere should be smart.

Agree mate - thats why we have so many kids on here going on about Prem , belittling our squad , signings , play etc etc I rememeber bristol city away - lucky to get back in one piece same as hereford , rememeber the car lot behind ground - shrewsbury away where the fish shop got done - Gwynn is right but basically saying just be careful

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:30 am

Generally, if you want to avoid trouble you can. Gwyn was mainly talking to the younger and more naive lads that like to give it the big one on match day. If you don't want a scrap then the chances are you won't get one unless you're very unlucky. Just go and enjoy the day. Don't let the minority concern you into not going.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:34 am

its quite a rough city in parts so young ones should avoid being complacent. They do have some knuckle draggers and they do hate ccfc so will happily pick off a smaller group. I lived there for a few years so have seen them a few times. Head to the north of the centre for a few beers, cheltenham rd, the Prince Of Wales is nice or try coming in down the M5, along the downs and there's lots of bars along Whiteladies rd. Not far from Bedminster then. 10 mins. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:37 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
placid-casual wrote:We've done well against them for ages since the play off semi 2002!

Last season away?

we won 2.1 !!

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Placid the terror Squad needs to be at full strength for this one :lol: remember not one step back :o not one forward either just rooted to the spot in Terror :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Bristol can be a nasty place and make no mistake they HATE the Welsh.

The train should be fine - the police will heard you everywhere mind.

If I may be so bold as to guess what Gwyn was trying to point out - if you get pissed,chant along their streets thinking they're going to not have a go at you - you'll come unstuck.

That's the problem with bubbles - you can get away with larging it in safety of protection.

'We're Cardiff City - we do what we want ' ( well only in numbers at relativelly smaller clubs ;) ) Nah, seriously just have a bit of nouse about you.