Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A Levels...

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Anyone on here take Biology, sociology or psychology at A level? If so what are they like? :ayatollah:

Re: A Levels...

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:32 pm

I took Biology at A Level 3 years ago. I'm assuming you did it for GCSE? It was a big step up compared to all of the other conversions from GSCE and A Level. If you enjoy it though and find that you can retain a lot of information regarding Biology then go for it! I loved the subject. -Edit- I should say that you need to know a lot for the exams when they come around.

As for the others, I only know through friends that Psychology has a lot of information that you need to know for the final exams.
Last edited by Frantic on Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 pm

My friends were telling me all year that biology was super hard, I didn't take it though

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Psychology you look largely in depth to approaches like the Freudian approach etc.

Taking both of these now in September as boosters for University. Like any A Level it'll be a huge change from GCSE but it's just a more in depth study on what you'd learn at GCSE.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Did Psychology AS but dropped it because it's a mickey mouse subject ;)

Only messing, it's alright. Not too hard if you put the work in, also good to have a decent memory. I would advise against Sociology though.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Biology is good and ain't that hard will be doing psychology as this year to replace maths which was impossible and I got a u in As at it last year.But Biology was okay alot of it is commen sense IMO. :ayatollah: