Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Are Bristol city our biggest rivals?

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:03 pm

I dislike a fair few teams in fairness. Swansea are top of the dislike tree followed by Brizzle Shitty and Leeds and the Scouse scum. Not keen on Celtic, Middlesboro, Peterborough, London teams and Wolves. Dislike Preston and Northampton as well.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Just having a debate over a beer and I say Bristol city he says the jacks.

Discuss.

i'd say about 90% of our fans will say swansea are our main rivals.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Bristol here, Rovers are our main rivals,I fn despise them.
I like Cardiff as a city and my wife is Welsh,so you come a close second ;)

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:35 pm

For me personaly I would say they are on a par but
on a whole I would say our fanbase see Swansea are our main rivals.

I loved our games against both of them pre bubble.

I dont realy hate anyone anymore, must have mellowed with age, have some top mates who are wurzels and some top
mates who are Jacks, when you strip it all away they are just the same as us :oops:

In fact, I hate some of our own fans more than any others, some of our
own make me cringe at the best of times.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:04 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:For me personaly I would say they are on a par but
on a whole I would say our fanbase see Swansea are our main rivals.

I loved our games against both of them pre bubble.

I dont realy hate anyone anymore, must have mellowed with age, have some top mates who are wurzels and some top
mates who are Jacks, when you strip it all away they are just the same as us :oops:

In fact, I hate some of our own fans more than any others, some of our
own make me cringe at the best of times.

I feel much the same fella,it's an age thing I think.
I used to get off on the whole buzz of it, but now I realise that most of us would get on as good mates if we actually knew each other. Most of us have exactly the same interests in life.
Got to be honest,with my wife being Welsh ive actually found I hate the English jingoistic attitude,and I'm English :roll:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:46 pm

from the point of view of the club, Bristol City are our biggest rivals being in the same division as us.
I f*cking hate Swansea, but they are in another division, therefore they are irrelevant.
so yes. Bristol City are our biggest rivals.

i can't stand the wurzels but it just didn't feel like a derby down at our place the last few years or at the gate last year.
(remember only 900 of us travelled).

this year is different. start of the seasons again, both teams aiming for similar things.
Us hoping for promotion and they reckon they could sneak a play off place.

the atmosphere at ashton gate tomorrow will hopefully be one of those "i was there" moments in the away end, its a shed, where you can really make some noise.

Tomorrow is the day that we go to Bristol City and show that we are the real deal this season and take bragging rights at the same time. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 pm

adamt958 wrote:from the point of view of the club, Bristol City are our biggest rivals being in the same division as us.
I f*cking hate Swansea, but they are in another division, therefore they are irrelevant.
so yes. Bristol City are our biggest rivals.

i can't stand the wurzels but it just didn't feel like a derby down at our place the last few years or at the gate last year.
(remember only 900 of us travelled).

this year is different. start of the seasons again, both teams aiming for similar things.
Us hoping for promotion and they reckon they could sneak a play off place.

the atmosphere at ashton gate tomorrow will hopefully be one of those "i was there" moments in the away end, its a shed, where you can really make some noise.

Tomorrow is the day that we go to Bristol City and show that we are the real deal this season and take bragging rights at the same time. :ayatollah:

Great post.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:03 am

NJ73 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Canton stand baz wrote:Just having a debate over a beer and I say Bristol city he says the jacks.

Discuss.

Bristol C and Newport County in the 80's were our main rival.

It's not the 80s any more mate, however much you'd like it to be ;)

Yes the 80's, i remember them well, do you??? is'nt that when you started turning over your creditors????

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:51 am

In the 70's, yes Bristol City and Aston Villa were by far our biggest rivals as the jacks weren't even on our radar, but now and over the last 30 years it's got to be the jacks as our biggest rivals.