Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea agree fee with Celtic for....

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Kim Bo Kyung's international midfield buddy Ki Sung-Yeung!

They want a piece of Asia as well then? ;)

Re: Swansea agree fee with Celtic for....

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:35 pm

HUGE signing for them if it comes off... Very good player.

P.S. I don't think this signing has anything to do with hitting asian market (though it will help). :(

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Read somewhere that it was Ki that told Kimbo to join us. A fantastic lad. He will be class for Swansea.

Also Wales seems to be the hub for Koreans now. :lol:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:52 pm

Could be a great signing for them

Also goes to the quality bit of business we did with Kim-Bo. Both as equally rated in the South Korean set up

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Didn't quite make the impact expected at Celtic, but many think the SPL didn't suit him. Could be a great signing down here, now all we have to do with any luck is sort out the Sinclair situation and I reckon we're done down this way. Out of interest, seen a few threads on here regarding you signing players, does the 25 man squad apply?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:09 pm

scotsjack wrote:Didn't quite make the impact expected at Celtic, but many think the SPL didn't suit him. Could be a great signing down here, now all we have to do with any luck is sort out the Sinclair situation and I reckon we're done down this way. Out of interest, seen a few threads on here regarding you signing players, does the 25 man squad apply?

Not in the championship mate.

25 man squad is for the premier only :cry:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:18 pm

droopy wrote:
scotsjack wrote:Didn't quite make the impact expected at Celtic, but many think the SPL didn't suit him. Could be a great signing down here, now all we have to do with any luck is sort out the Sinclair situation and I reckon we're done down this way. Out of interest, seen a few threads on here regarding you signing players, does the 25 man squad apply?

Cheers, I wasn't sure. On that note, there needs to be a few players moved on down this way sharpish, especially now that they have done away with the reserve league.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:20 pm

scotsjack wrote:
droopy wrote:

Cheers, I wasn't sure. On that note, there needs to be a few players moved on down this way sharpish, especially now that they have done away with the reserve league.

No reserve league for your fringe players :o

Why is that? :?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Only under 21's from now on, should be the same for you? In fact, chances are we are at the same level as we don't have academy one status. Hmmm... Off to see if I can find the fixtures.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Yep, Swansea and Cardiff under 21's, October 8th at your place, February down here. 3 over aged players allowed in each team, and reserve games have been ditched for this new system.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:37 pm

They can live together down the Bay. Cardiff or Mumbles

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:22 pm

and just look what happened to LG in Newport :o :D

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:55 pm

CityGent wrote:Could be a great signing for them

Also goes to the quality bit of business we did with Kim-Bo. Both as equally rated in the South Korean set up

equally rated??? Don't be an idiot.

Ki is possibly the greatest player ever to come out of South Korea, Bo is a decent youngster. To compare the two is like comparing bale with collision.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Very happy with this.

If any Jacks aren't convinced with this signing, or any of you lot think this is a waste of money then have a look at this video (although it's a long one):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... zGHieVeR4#!

Looks like a new and improved Ferrie Bodde with knees, who happens to only be 23.

We haven't bought him for Asian shirt sales, but it will help and I think we might even out sell you with South Korea being a wealthy Asian country and Ki being one of their stars.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Korean wrote:

Ki is possibly the greatest player ever to come out of South Korea, Bo is a decent youngster. To compare the two is like comparing bale with collision.

:lol:

He's extremely deluded and very biased *anti Swansea*

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Korean wrote:

Your first post and you call yourself Korean getting all defensive. There is absolutely no chance you're a multi-user and even less chance of you being a Jack is there?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 pm

CityGent wrote:
Korean wrote:

Your first post and you call yourself Korean getting all defensive. There is absolutely no chance you're a multi-user and even less chance of you being a Jack is there?

There's nothing wrong with what he said though, your post is laughable :lol:

Kim has 14 caps aged 22, Ki has 47 caps aged 23.

'Equally rated' :lol: :lol: :lol: by who exactly?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:05 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
Korean wrote:

He's extremely deluded and very biased *anti Swansea*

Can't you read? I said he'll be a decent signing for you, but Kim-Bo Kyung is equally rated in South East Asia. We've got a diamond of a bargain there. Of course being a defensive Jack you're so blinkered you can't even recognise a level headed comment. It would be exactly the opposite if we had signed someone from the SPL and you had captured Bo-Kyung

Clueless cunts

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:07 pm

SCFC wrote:
CityGent wrote:
Korean wrote:

There's nothing wrong with what he said though, your post is laughable :lol:

What the f**k do you know about football you illiterate gimp

Kim has 14 caps aged 22, Ki has 47 caps aged 23.

'Equally rated' :lol: :lol: :lol: by who exactly?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:08 pm

Yeah i can read.You don't half drop some clangers on here pal :lol:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:10 pm

6 bysedd wrote:Yeah i can read.You don't half drop some clangers on here pal :lol:

Whilst you reel off pearls of wisdom on a regular basis

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:12 pm

CityGent wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:Yeah i can read.You don't half drop some clangers on here pal :lol:

I'm not sure what your posts are like regarding Cardiff cos i never read them.But you should stay well away from anything Swansea as your obvious vitriol towards us most certainly clouds your judgement. :thumbup:

And if you're being honest with yourself you'd have to agree.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:17 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
CityGent wrote:

I'm not sure what your posts are like regarding Cardiff cos i never read them.But you should stay well away from anything Swansea as your obvious vitriol towards us most certainly clouds your judgement. :thumbup:

Stay away from anything Swansea? :lol:

Sorry I know I included Swansea in this thread but i also posted it on a Cardiff City forum :lol:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Merlin wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:
CityGent wrote:

Stay away from anything Swansea? :lol:

Sorry I know I included Swansea in this thread but i also posted it on a Cardiff City forum :lol:

In City Gent's case,yes!!! :lol: His track record is abysmal.From betting on us to get relegated from the CCC to being knocked out of the playoffs to be relegated from the Premier League,it goes on.He knows what im talking about and why i said 'stay away from anything Swansea' :thumbup:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:22 pm

6 bysedd wrote:
CityGent wrote:

I've watched both players several times and there isn't much between them. I'm extremely happy with the way Malky has gone about his business as I'm sure you are with ML. I'm sure there is a lot more anti Swansea vitriol and bile than what comes from my eloquent posts. It's you lot that get defensive and paranoid then spout nonsense - well not you, but several of your other Cardiff City obsessed mushes. If you don't like a rival fan making an observation, don't post on a rival clubs board

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:22 pm

I find your ignorance quite alarming regarding south east Asia. For a start in terms of football there is o south east Asia. We are all very competitive with each other and someone from Japan for example would not be jumping for joy over ki as we wouldn't over Nakata. So it's just south Korea in terms of rating our players.

Secondly Bo is nothing more than a decent youngster. Ki is a superstar, arguably our biggest we have ever produced. It really is like comparing gago with messi, the difference in ability and popularity really is that great. Our two big young prospects are ki and lee Chung-yong.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:24 pm

I think Swansea will stay up again.

Weaker teams in Norwich, Wigan, and possibly villa, Southampton, West Brom.

I could be wrong though.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Korean wrote:I find your ignorance quite alarming regarding south east Asia. For a start in terms of football there is o south east Asia. We are all very competitive with each other and someone from Japan for example would not be jumping for joy over ki as we wouldn't over Nakata. So it's just south Korea in terms of rating our players.

Secondly Bo is nothing more than a decent youngster. Ki is a superstar, arguably our biggest we have ever produced. It really is like comparing gago with messi, the difference in ability and popularity really is that great. Our two big young prospects are ki and lee Chung-yong.

In the words of Jim Royale "Korean, My arse!" :lol:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:28 pm

You've not mentioned my losing money on you a couple of times before have you? Well only the fifty times, but who's counting

So with that rationale, I'm not allowed to comment on anything SCFC related? Change the record mush. As far as i can see you're still one of the favourites to get relegated (highly doubtful), and we're one of the favourites to finally get promoted. These delusions of grandeur you seem to try and lord over us are exactly that - delusions

Things change constantly in football

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:30 pm

CityGent wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:
CityGent wrote:

I've watched both players several times and there isn't much between them. I'm extremely happy with the way Malky has gone about his business as I'm sure you are with ML. I'm sure there is a lot more anti Swansea vitriol and bile than what comes from my eloquent posts. It's you lot that get defensive and paranoid then spout nonsense - well not you, but several of your other Cardiff City obsessed mushes. If you don't like a rival fan making an observation, don't post on a rival clubs board

It was funny when the Korean lad piped up though :mrgreen: But,you may be right and he could well be a multi poster and it is indeed AD :o