Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The 2 QPR targets

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:03 am

As i broke a few days ago, defender Matt Connolly will undertake a medical and put pen to paper today, whilst the second target from Loftus Road Tommy Smith won't be completed today. Hope to get news on this soon

Ta

Re: The 2 QPR targets

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:05 am

CityGent wrote:As i broke a few days ago, defender Matt Connolly will undertake a medical and put pen to paper today, whilst the second target from Loftus Road Tommy Smith won't be completed today. Hope to get news on this soon

Ta

I hope Smith stays at QPR..

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:05 am

CityGent wrote:As i broke a few days ago, defender Matt Connolly will undertake a medical and put pen to paper today, whilst the second target from Loftus Road Tommy Smith won't be completed today. Hope to get news on this soon

Ta

Will Connolly be able to play tomorrow evening or?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:06 am

Ta

:ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:12 am

I Bleed Blue wrote:

Ta

Im sure you've got to register the player about midday if he is to play the following day

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:16 am

i thought it was by 5 for him to play the next day?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:19 am

What's the hold up with Tommy Smith? Wanting to stay in London with kids?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:24 am

horse_face wrote:What's the hold up with Tommy Smith? Wanting to stay in London with kids?

Not sure yet. As others have stated though, signing Smith is a bit of a luxury for us. Capturing Matt Connolly was the necessity. Very good defensive cover is what we badly needed

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:24 am

CityBlue1 wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:

Ta

Im sure you've got to register the player about midday if he is to play the following day

I think that's the case. Maybe a tad later for an evening game but I doubt it.

Matt Connolly sounds good signing, 24, been promoted twice, can play across the back 4. Seems like everything we need.

Though with McNaughton, Taylor, Blake, Hudson, Turner and Connolly I think we are one short. 6 players for 4 positions. Unless Keinan is being brought back into the fold.

If we get Smith, fine that end of the field is fine just need defence to be focused on.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:28 am

Smith is a very good player, but i can't see a place for him.. at his age he must want to play every week & i can't see it

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:53 am

thanks Citygent :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:55 am

We need a fullback, preferably one who can cross the ball and maybe even shoot

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:07 pm

He can play anywhere across the back four I think :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 pm

Lake is casual clobber coming to your place any time soon? cheers

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:48 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Lake is casual clobber coming to your place any time soon? cheers

Yes mate. Once Del gets all the new stock in i'll probably announce one for September/October