Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 am

How frustrating, now he's actually gone he's signing good players! He's signing Rodri from Barcelona and Sheff Wed are interested in Ross Barkley! So now he's gone he starts looking at younger players with tonnes of potential rather than bloody Bywater and JLS!

Re: Dave Jones

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:45 am

Bob Bank wrote:How frustrating, now he's actually gone he's signing good players! He's signing Rodri from Barcelona and Sheff Wed are interested in Ross Barkley! So now he's gone he starts looking at younger players with tonnes of potential rather than bloody Bywater and JLS!

Well at least he has learnt from previous mistakes, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
And Malky ain't making any Dave Jones made so happy days :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:55 am

Bob Bank wrote:How frustrating, now he's actually gone he's signing good players! He's signing Rodri from Barcelona and Sheff Wed are interested in Ross Barkley! So now he's gone he starts looking at younger players with tonnes of potential rather than bloody Bywater and JLS!

I think it shows how mch his hands were tied while he was were.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:19 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

I think it shows how mch his hands were tied while he was were.

Exactly. If Jones had the support Malky has had this season he would of walked the league.

Instead he had to work the loan market.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:22 am

Kevin McNaughton, Jason Koumas, Roger Johnson, Glenn Loovens, David Marshall, Tom Heaton, Michael Chopra, Ross McCormack, Jay Bothroyd, Chris Burke, Peter Whittingham...

Just a handful of the players that Jones brought in who either went on to be successful for the club or increased in value over their time here.

Sure he made a few bad signings but he was bound to considering that up until his last few seasons he was working with a shoestring transfer budget.

Not only did Jones make a lot of money for this club in transfer fees, he consistently kept us towards the top half of the Championship table in doing so.

I'm not saying he didnt make mistakes, what manager doesnt? But i'll always be grateful for what he did for the club and the great times we had under him. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:39 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:Kevin McNaughton, Jason Koumas, Roger Johnson, Glenn Loovens, David Marshall, Tom Heaton, Michael Chopra, Ross McCormack, Jay Bothroyd, Chris Burke, Peter Whittingham...

Just a handful of the players that Jones brought in who either went on to be successful for the club or increased in value over their time here.

Sure he made a few bad signings but he was bound to considering that up until his last few seasons he was working with a shoestring transfer budget.

Not only did Jones make a lot of money for this club in transfer fees, he consistently kept us towards the top half of the Championship table in doing so.

I'm not saying he didnt make mistakes, what manager doesnt? But i'll always be grateful for what he did for the club and the great times we had under him. :ayatollah:

;) I agree, but we were all happy when his time was finally up ;)

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 pm

ayahtolla wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:Kevin McNaughton, Jason Koumas, Roger Johnson, Glenn Loovens, David Marshall, Tom Heaton, Michael Chopra, Ross McCormack, Jay Bothroyd, Chris Burke, Peter Whittingham...

Not all but we move on.What is dissapointing though is that the signs are Malkys starting to get the same grief after one match into the season.Its no wonder they pay little attention to whats said on message boards.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
ayahtolla wrote:

Not all but we move on.What is dissapointing though is that the signs are Malkys starting to get the same grief after one match into the season.Its no wonder they pay little attention to whats said on message boards.

;) Ok, but i for one did think he had taken as far as he could ;)

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Dave Jones signed good players when he was here, I know he signed some shit ones too. I liked Jonesy but i think the fans were getting tired and so was he, This league is so hard to get out of.

Jonesy was so close to being a Hero. Top Guy. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Kanester wrote:Dave Jones signed good players when he was here, I know he signed some shit ones too. I liked Jonesy but i think the fans were getting tired and so was he, This league is so hard to get out of.

Jonesy was so close to being a Hero. Top Guy. :ayatollah:

This - some people honestly :twisted: :cry: :cry:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote: Malkys starting to get the same grief after one match into the season.Its no wonder they pay little attention to whats said on message boards.

Malkys getting the same grief because people have had enough of his hoofball for he last 6 months or so.

With all the changes and depth in squad aquirted over the summer we did not expect to be playing the same old hoofball, 1 isolated slow stiker upfront and people out of position just to please favourites.

Worse football seen down at the City since the pre-Hammam years.

MALKY OUT!!!!