New striker

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:34 am

Are we still chasing a new striker?

Re: New striker

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:37 am

i have no idea, but why the long face?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:42 am

horse_face wrote:Are we still chasing a new striker?

Yes, Maynard but a few things need to happen before West Ham will allow him to leave, firstly a compensation package between Maynard and the Hammers and they also want to bring a striker in before the bidding war can start.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 am

plenty of time on the striker front. Also if we are bringing in a player like maynard, i would like to see some players leave. Earnshaw permenantly, and maybe jarvis on loan, lets send him to a league one club and see if he can cut it at that level.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:51 am

carlccfc wrote:
horse_face wrote:Are we still chasing a new striker?

Yes, Maynard but a few things need to happen before West Ham will allow him to leave, firstly a compensation package between Maynard and the Hammers and they also want to bring a striker in before the bidding war can start.

:ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:56 am

Hope we get maynard. A proven goalscorer at championship level in a poor Bristol city side. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:01 am

bluemucca wrote:Hope we get maynard. A proven goalscorer at championship level in a poor Bristol city side. :ayatollah:

I agree, it would be a great signing

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:10 am

scooby1973 wrote:
bluemucca wrote:Hope we get maynard. A proven goalscorer at championship level in a poor Bristol city side. :ayatollah:

I agree, it would be a great signing

But the problem is we keep hoofing the ball upfield, wouldn't get the right service unless we change our style of play

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:23 am

Great news, we really need that finisher upfront with some pace. :P

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:30 am

got told by a co worker thats maynard on verge of a season loan to leeds, lots of leeds fans on twitter who say they are ITK so to speak, hope its bolloucks and he comes here but its strong the leeds link

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:33 am

citybluechris wrote:got told by a co worker thats maynard on verge of a season loan to leeds, lots of leeds fans on twitter who say they are ITK so to speak, hope its bolloucks and he comes here but its strong the leeds link

He's to good for Leeds, he can do much better.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:14 pm

scooby1973 wrote:
citybluechris wrote:got told by a co worker thats maynard on verge of a season loan to leeds, lots of leeds fans on twitter who say they are ITK so to speak, hope its bolloucks and he comes here but its strong the leeds link

He's to good for Leeds, he can do much better.

i said to my co worker great singing for leeds if its true but if he can do much better does that mean hes to better for us? are we really a big or bigger club than leeds?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:16 pm

no we are not