Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Dog Owners, or anyone for that matter..

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:14 am

I have never owned a Dog so I really don't know what is acceptable so help me out if you would.

Do you leave your Dog at home on its own locked in the house?

If so, for how long?

Do you think it is Ok to leave a Dog alone in the house for long periods of time or do you think it is cruel?

Do you think people who buy a Dog knowing that as they work the dog will be locked in the house from 8am-6pm are being unfair on the Dog.

The reason I ask is that I know of a situation where the owners go to work before 8 and return after 6 in the evening, the dog is going mental in the daytime.

Its not really my place to say anything but I think I'm going to have a word with the owners anyway as I personally think
it is cruel as f**k and the people who live in the vicinity are two scared to say anything.

:ayatollah:

Re: FAO Dog Owners, or anyone for that matter..

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:17 am

when i was young we had a dog. was in the house on its own from about half 8 till 4

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:18 am

Yeah a dog shouldnt be left for that long without attention or fresh air. If they work, they should arrange for someone to walk the dog in the day for them, enough people offer this type of service. Cruel in my opinion

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:21 am

I dont think there are many dogs that get company 24/7. At some point they will have to be left alone for one reason or another.

I have a dog which I lock in my kitchen when I go to work but im only out of the house for about 5hrs. I have never left my dog for more than 8 hours. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my dog on her own from 8am - 6pm.

If you think the dog is sounding distressed then i would bring it up with the owners.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:34 am

People should have a outside kennel run for when the owners are not home . Could you hold your body fluids etc all day . No way

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:50 am

Cheers Lads.

I will have a friendly word and take it from there

:ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:53 am

You should probably mind your own business.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:59 am

cardiff yid wrote:People should have a outside kennel run for when the owners are not home . Could you hold your body fluids etc all day . No way

^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:06 am

cardiff yid wrote:People should have a outside kennel run for when the owners are not home . Could you hold your body fluids etc all day . No way

exactly this.. plus plenty of food/water...

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:59 am

The Douce wrote:You should probably mind your own business.

Heed your own advice and stay off my thread you shivering leaf.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:28 pm

I have two German Shepards , Monday to Thursday 9 til 5 they are in the garden playing balls with each other. Having two dogs is better as they keep each other company. Make sure they have access to water and food especially in the heat. Wouldnt advise locking dogs up in the house as when their bored they tend to destroy everything they can get their teeth on especially pups.