Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Memories on the train

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:54 am

On the train at the moment with many memories of the lower league days. Going to Manchester and have past Hereford,Shrewbury, Crewe and Stockport with the grounds except Hereford visible from the train stations. What is missing thou is the banter we use to have on those train journeys to those grounds
Crap football but great times

Re: Memories on the train

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:00 am

Milkybarkid wrote:On the train at the moment with many memories of the lower league days. Going to Manchester and have past Hereford,Shrewbury, Crewe and Stockport with the grounds except Hereford visible from the train stations. What is missing thou is the banter we use to have on those train journeys to those grounds

Yeah the football "specials" were somsthing else, when i was travel officer for the supporters club i arranged quite a few of them, sometimes we had the team on there with us as well, i can remember on the way back some of the players used to come and sit with us for a while and share a can of beer, can you imagine that happening today???

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:33 am

cityone wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:On the train at the moment with many memories of the lower league days. Going to Manchester and have past Hereford,Shrewbury, Crewe and Stockport with the grounds except Hereford visible from the train stations. What is missing thou is the banter we use to have on those train journeys to those grounds

Yeah the football "specials" were somsthing else, when i was travel officer for the supporters club i arranged quite a few of them, sometimes we had the team on there with us as well, i can remember on the way back some of the players used to come and sit with us for a while and share a can of beer, can you imagine that happening today???

mainly robin friday :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 am

After training robin Friday would watch the youth training on park. Standing there with velvet jacket , flares and a four pack, fact :lol:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:55 pm

arri potta wrote:
cityone wrote:

mainly robin friday :lol: :lol: :lol:

I also remember albert lamour having a can with us on the way back from southend in the f a cup (can,t remember what year it was) he was also singing city songs as well.