Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" QPR "

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:24 am

So Stan are we signing this week 2 of your players and what do u think of them?

Malky has been chasing after them for weeks.

Re: " QPR "

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:26 am

We need defenders - fast!

Never seen what Smith is all about, we have better and enough in that area now.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:55 am

i dont wantr smith or connelly. Poor signings imo

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:33 am

arri potta wrote:We need defenders - fast!

if you're looking for defenders i would'nt bother with QPR , they're first choice ones are rubbish never mind the cast-offs ;)

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:53 am

arri potta wrote:We need defenders - fast!

Well put :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:56 am

There is a lot of good players at QPR Annis, let's hope the recent rumours are right.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:57 am

Its good to see Matt Connolly come in, but please don't get Smith...Lets try and get Nicky Maynard in..

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:18 am

paulh_85 wrote:i dont wantr smith or connelly. Poor signings imo

You probably would be happy with Messi (Too small) or Ronaldo (Too tanned) either you moany git :roll:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:19 am

Bish Bash Bosh wrote:

You probably would be happy with Messi (Too small) or Ronaldo (Too tanned) either you moany git :roll:

what gives you that idea? :?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:20 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Bish Bash Bosh wrote:

what gives you that idea? :?

You moan at any potential signing. You are probably only supporting the club since 2008. :roll:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:22 am

please stop talking nonsense, its really annoying. :lol:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:24 am

paulh_85 wrote:please stop talking nonsense, its really annoying. :lol:

You are annoying full stop.

We dont need negative fans like you. Go back to supporting Liverpool or Man U please.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:26 am

Bish Bash Bosh wrote:

We dont need negative fans like you. Go back to supporting Liverpool or Man U please.

again with the nonsense :lol:

i will be as negative/positive as i please, if i dont think a signing is great, or dont think we played to well in a game ill say so.... if its alright with you of course :roll:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:29 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Bish Bash Bosh wrote:

i will be as negative/positive as i please, if i dont think a signing is great, or dont think we played to well in a game ill say so.... if its alright with you of course :roll:

Whats wrong with Matt Connelly though? Is it because you've never heard of him?

He's a very good player. Played nearly every game when QPR went up and he was
only 22 then. They were tight as f**k at the back all season

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:32 am

taffyapple wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
Bish Bash Bosh wrote:

Whats wrong with Matt Connelly though? Is it because you've never heard of him?

He's a very good player. Played nearly every game when QPR went up and he was
only 22 then. They were tight as f**k at the back all season

if you want to disagree with me then fine, what these places are for after all. However please dont think that, just because my view differs from yours, my knowledge of football is less. Of course i have heard of him.

from a purely squad basis, there is nothing wrong with the signing, however, as i imagine we are only signing one defender now, i would have liked someone who could have added quality to the first team, not someone as back up.

as far as smith goes i think its poor, i dont think he is any better than what we have and, at the wrong side of 30, its not a great signing imo

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Is Bellamy the wrong side of 30 aswell? What about Helguson? Ryan Giggs is 38 and still playing at the highest level. Age has nothing to do with performance. I can see Matt Connelly getting ahead of either Hudson or Turner. And is it likely they'll stay fit all season? If one of them gets injured he'll step in and hold his own, possibly keeping that player out the team when they return.

Another question, is there any realistic target we could sign that is guaranteed first team football here? I can't think of anyone. We have competition all over the park, something we havent had in a while!

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:09 pm

bluebird_mike wrote:Is Bellamy the wrong side of 30 aswell? What about Helguson? Ryan Giggs is 38 and still playing at the highest level. Age has nothing to do with performance.

talk about taking what you want out of a post :roll:

bringing in a player the wrong side of thirty who isnt any better, infact i would say worse, that what we already have is pointless.

not sure what that has to do with bellamy, helguson and giggs :?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:10 pm

and also, to answer your question. yes. all three are the wrong side of thirty...... obviously :shock:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:So Stan are we signing this week 2 of your players and what do u think of them?

Malky has been chasing after them for weeks.

Re: HAS TOMMY SMITH ?
by Forever Blue ยป Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:22 am

Will be interesting if Malky signs him Smith and a QPR youngster. Hmm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Annis Matt Connolly really is a very good young defender.

He started out at Arsenal & you can see how he was schooled there in the way he plays, very calm, good on the floor & has a decent brain. He's a tall lad & can get across spaces quickly although he isn't actually that quick.

In our Championship winning season he along with Kaspars Gorkks kept 23 clean sheets between them & after one bad result (we didn't have many) they were bombed out & didn't really get a look in again under Warnock, then when Hughes came they were both out on loan.

He is a very good player as is Tommy Smith. I can understand you're fans being a bit sceptical as he's not a 'big' name but trust me he's Mr dependable, very intelligent footballer who you will notice nearly always makes the right choices with the ball & rarely loses possession, can score a goal to.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with both these lads should you conclude the deals.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Annis Matt Connolly really is a very good young defender.

He started out at Arsenal & you can see how he was schooled there in the way he plays, very calm, good on the floor & has a decent brain. He's a tall lad & can get across spaces quickly although he isn't actually that quick.

In our Championship winning season he along with Kaspars Gorkks kept 23 clean sheets between them & after one bad result (we didn't have many) they were bombed out & didn't really get a look in again under Warnock, then when Hughes came they were both out on loan.

He is a very good player as is Tommy Smith. I can understand you're fans being a bit sceptical as he's not a 'big' name but trust me he's Mr dependable, very intelligent footballer who you will notice nearly always makes the right choices with the ball & rarely loses possession, can score a goal to.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with both these lads should you conclude the deals.

Cheers Stan, I respect your opinion and look forward to them playing for us this season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Cheers Stan, I respect your opinion and look forward to them playing for us this season. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Do you think they will they sign Annis? I think they will make great CCFC signings.

Are you going to Brighton tomorrow?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Do you think they will they sign Annis? I think they will make great CCFC signings.

Are you going to Brighton tomorrow?

Yes I do Gareth, but football can soon change.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:25 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Waddle does has a very good point :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Waddle does has a very good point :lol: :lol: :lol:

dont encourage him!!! :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:54 pm

I think connoly singing will be the right way, someone who can play football and not just hoof the ball up the field!

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Waddle does has a very good point :lol: :lol: :lol:

dont encourage him!!! :lol: :lol:

Sorry you have a point as well :lol: :lol: :lol: