Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Brighton v Cardiff. Head to Head

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Not much in it over the years but.......

I've got a feeling that this could be a tough game.They lost their opener to Hull and now they will be desperate for points,but on the other hand...........

More recent head to head stats for you from each sides recent league encounter and the bookies.

1.Brighton had 18 shots at goal against Hull but only 4 were on target.
2.Cardiff had 13 shots at goal against Huddersfeild and 5 were on target.
3.Brighton committed 16 fouls against Hull. (Noone had 3)
4.Cardiff had 11 fouls against Huddersfeild.
5.Brighton had 46% possession against Hull.
6.Cardiff enjoyed 52% possession against Huddersfeild.
7.Cardiff scored 1 goal against Huddersfeild.
8.Brighton score no goals against Hull.
9.Cardiff had a clean sheet against Huddersfeild.
10.Brighton let one in against Hull.
11.Cardiff are 6th in the league.
12.Brighton are 17th in the league.
13.Cardiff are now 3rd favourite to win the league!!
14.Brighton are 9th favourite to win the league.

I think we have a winner! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Plenty of reasons to be cheerful :D .

Cardiff do seem to be a more composed side at present and if we can get an early goal I think there is a chance we could unsettle them enough to give them a good hammering!

We were crap in our opener last season and won, but then got it together for a great season so lets be optimistic about things as their is plenty to be optimistic about. We drew against Brighton last time 2.2 but only because of a last minute strike we are now potentially a much better side. No more punching above our weight lets just knock the F@@k@rs out! :D

Anybody got any predictions? :ugeek:

Re: Brighton v Cardiff. Head to Head

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:32 pm

1-1 seems reasonable,
we still need time to gel,
their will be games this season where we stick 4 or 5 past good teams, but i feel this will be a game that we over expect and could even lose
im tipping marshall to have a fantastic season by the way. team of the year ;)

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:33 pm

A draw would be okay to home with.. but I can see no reason to go out there and take 3 points and do it in style! :D :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:00 am

http://www.11v11.com/teams/brighton-and ... iff%20City

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:53 am

would take a draw, as i see the bristol game as more winnable of the two.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:36 am

If we take a point at brighton and 3 points at bristol city i will more then happy. 4 points in 2 first away games is a supreb start. 2-2 tomoz nite i think

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:36 am

If we take a point at brighton and 3 points at bristol city i will more then happy. 4 points in 2 first away games is a supreb start. 2-2 tomoz nite i think

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:07 am

Went down the ground this morning to get my tickets for tommorow night. There are not many left so if you are thinking of going I'd get them as soon as you can

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:15 am

2-1 to city. Much & mason :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi,

If we play like we did against Swindon, you will win

If we play like we did against Hull, we will win

3-0 to the Seagulls! :)

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:52 pm

Dooley1927 wrote:Went down the ground this morning to get my tickets for tommorow night. There are not many left so if you are thinking of going I'd get them as soon as you can

How many are you expecting to bring? We heard about 300-400?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:00 pm

seagullone wrote:
Dooley1927 wrote:Went down the ground this morning to get my tickets for tommorow night. There are not many left so if you are thinking of going I'd get them as soon as you can

Hopefully about 700-800 the same as last season.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
seagullone wrote:

Excellent.

As supporters we appreciate the tickets are not cheap, but compared to last season they now incorporate the travel voucher which is compulsory for all fans.

Seems a bit unfair on fans who come by official coaches (a lot of ours do from around Sussex, as well), but I guess that's modern football.

We look forward to seeing you in the new away positions tomorrow evening. :)

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:22 pm

seagullone wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
seagullone wrote:

Excellent.

As supporters we appreciate the tickets are not cheap, but compared to last season they now incorporate the travel voucher which is compulsory for all fans.

Seems a bit unfair on fans who come by official coaches (a lot of ours do from around Sussex, as well), but I guess that's modern football.

We look forward to seeing you in the new away positions tomorrow evening. :)

Cheers,I was there last season, had a great day out then enjoyed the match in the evening, many of our fans think the tickets are very expensive and I agree with them.