Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Thoughts after Friday

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:48 pm

I was reserved on the change of the colour change until I saw it in person on Friday.

One of my first thoughts was "What is the point of changing from blue to red?".

I cannot see a logical reason behind the change. People still wear blue. Stadium is still blue.

I respect the opinion of other people on the change, but I don't understand Tan's logic behind the change. We have embarrassed ourselves in front of the footballing world for no good reason.

So far what benefit has changing the colour from blue to red brought the club? I know we have spent a lot of new players and attempted to sort out agreement on debt but there is no proof that this would not have happened if we had not changed to red.

Thoughts? :ayatollah:

Re: Thoughts after Friday

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:55 pm

As i said the week of the news of us going to a red home kit - i would have had BLUE as our home kit - and RED as the away.

If you are going to rebrand you change the colour not just of the kit,but the seats at the ground and everything else :roll:

For me - if you are going to change,then finish the job correctly....after all the money is there to do the job....

Remember we saved £6M on not signing Jay Rod ;)

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:03 am

Its Tan who decided this, not the fans, he has some big idea to raise profile, sponsorship and income based partly around us playing in red...the problem is it will take a while to happen and if it doesn't we are stuck in the red shirts for nothing...but hopefully he would then change to blue.....the real problem is if we do get extra exposure, money etc...it will make him more happy to keep us red.

One thing is for sure Cardiff City are known throughout the world now over this re branding. Not for good reasons, although some would argue that all publicity is good publicity.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:42 am

I don't see the logic either. Its not about luck as blue won the Prem and Champions League. Personally I just think it's a matter of dictatorship

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:51 am

jbirdrules wrote:I was reserved on the change of the colour change until I saw it in person on Friday.

One of my first thoughts was "What is the point of changing from blue to red?".

I cannot see a logical reason behind the change. People still wear blue. Stadium is still blue.

I respect the opinion of other people on the change, but I don't understand Tan's logic behind the change. We have embarrassed ourselves in front of the footballing world for no good reason.

So far what benefit has changing the colour from blue to red brought the club? I know we have spent a lot of new players and attempted to sort out agreement on debt but there is no proof that this would not have happened if we had not changed to red.

Thoughts? :ayatollah:

the football was as dire and uninspiring as the fodder turned out post xmas last season. The colur paled into insignificance after 20 mins. That standard of football will lose more home support than the re brand will

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:46 am

I still think we are lacking in key areas

I would have like that Kazim Richards that went to Blackburn but we have what we got & have to get on with it & support the boys

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:22 am

My thoughts are that we need another thread about the rebrand like a hole in the head. Much rather talk about the performance and I agree that if we play like that often we won't pick up many points. I believe we have the quality to
Improve and at this early stage I'm not hitting the panic button just yet.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:32 am

A lot of lads are saying those wearing red are no better than Jacks

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:02 am

havent liked the rebrand from the start but seeing the team in red on friday made it worse ,looked like i was watching notts forest but the football was dire ,shocking and just as bad as the last few months of last season,i know its early but i dont think malky has a plan b either ,we have plenty of attacking options ,after 60 mins on friday he should've changed it up ,we had 3 strikers on the bench and conway and he does nothing till its to late ..than after the game we hear the "squads to young "..well he bought them !!!,he is gonna be under pressure this year if he doesnt get the wins in....i really wasnt looking forward to this seasson for the first time and friday told me why.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:13 am

We could've done everything we have done so far without rebranding. The Far East attaction thing is a load of bollocks.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:56 pm

For me it was almost like watching a away team. Almost felt weird chanting 'Bluebirds'.

Some good points, especially TopCat's point about the infrastructure (seats and stadium) still being blue.

None of the changes make sense. Changing the badge? We had a decent one as it was.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:12 pm

JonCCFC wrote:We could've done everything we have done so far without rebranding. The Far East attaction thing is a load of bollocks.

I would love to see some factual evidence of the impacts this will have as you say. I'm not convinced. It certainly won't happen until the premiership as that's all they show there.
Is it time that is needed to see what happens or could it go too far without any questions?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:42 pm

cardiffray wrote:A lot of lads are saying those wearing red are no better than Jacks

A lot of lads you know talk shit then :roll:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:17 pm

He has the money. We don't. He's the owner and calls the shots. Not us.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Sign me up. Ill shoot you to promotion.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:25 pm

Havent the Re Branding attracted some big companys to sponsor/invest in the club?
Attracting big companys will improve the image and interpritation for us.
I think Recoh is one.