Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Half hearted rebrand

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:15 pm

Not here to upset the apple cart like but actually to gauge if anyone actually feels the rebrand has been handled poorly and quite half heartedly? Just from looking the crappy kit and very cheap looking badge, plus the lack of consistency with the stadium et al I can't help but feel its quite a piss poor effort of a rebrand. Ok the leak didn't help but please...
Just trying to gauge opinion etc

My personal opinion is that I honestly feel the rebrand / change of colour will have minimum impact. The only think I can imagine is someone thinks we represent Wales in Asia?
As a teacher my first report would read must work harder and not be influenced by others.

Thoughts?

Re: Half hearted rebrand

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:20 pm

As u know I am Blue and will always be Blue and will never ever accept the rebrand.

Yes I do agree with you and you only have to look at the amount of thought/care that was put in to the daft new badge, how many people actually like it ?

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:As u know I am Blue and will always be Blue and will never ever accept the rebrand.

Yes I do agree with you and you only have to look at the amount of thought/care that was put in to the daft new badge, how many people actually like it ?

I'm similar to you Annis
But as a rebrand / relaunch / change etc I can't help feel how poorly managed it has been. Blue seats? It looked daft on tv Friday.
Is this a short term thing? A little pet to try out? If we miss out from the desired outcome god help certain people

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:As u know I am Blue and will always be Blue and will never ever accept the rebrand.

You should put this in your sig.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:40 pm

Karl wrote:

You should put this in your sig.

Where would he fit the book adverts then? :roll: :lol:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:26 pm

Me :oops:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:41 am

Natman Blue wrote:

I like it too - in fact, actually seeing the kit on the players on Friday night, I thought it looked better than it has in pictures, but I appreciate that is purely subjective.

The only thing I'm not so sure of is the badge (but it's nowhere near as bad as some people are making out), but even that may be a masterstroke, as VT & TG can now change that at the end of the season, getting fan opinion along the way and present the change as them compromising.

I think in due course the seats will all change to red and that will only be a temporary issue.

The only thing I'm worried about is the sorting out of Langston.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:58 am

Die Walkure wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

I like it too - in fact, actually seeing the kit on the players on Friday night, I thought it looked better than it has in pictures, but I appreciate that is purely subjective.

The only thing I'm not so sure of is the badge (but it's nowhere near as bad as some people are making out), but even that may be a masterstroke, as VT & TG can now change that at the end of the season, getting fan opinion along the way and present the change as them compromising.

I think in due course the seats will all change to red and that will only be a temporary issue.

I honestly don't think the seats will change. As I've said a few time "we are blue and we are red" (i.e. cardiff city and welsh/malaysian depending on your place of birth) so..... I think the additional seats once they are installed might turn out to be red but don't think we will replace our blue seats en masse

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

I honestly don't think the seats will change. As I've said a few time "we are blue and we are red" (i.e. cardiff city and welsh/malaysian depending on your place of birth) so..... I think the additional seats once they are installed might turn out to be red but don't think we will replace our blue seats en masse

Again how wishy washy is it all!
Where is the full hearted decisiveness modern football and business that's required nowadays. I'm certainly not questioning VT's business acquimen but with his regards to football and the club....... We'll see.
Similarly the langstone issue or is that holding the full blooded rebrand back?
Only thoughts and Qs not accusations