Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Curfews for the youth

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:07 am

f*cking Nazi

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:52 am

CantonJack wrote:Bloody hell the way some people make us sound :lol:
Curfews are a terrible idea as it would just piss the thugs off even more, and also piss off the people like me who are (relatively) sensible and don't hurl abuse at people for no reason.

And national service? What is this, Korea? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:25 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Ridiculous idea :lol:

Instead of spouting your usual rubbish enlighten me on why it's a poor idea. Here here ronnie, it's a f*cking disgrace that we are looking after these yobs rather than kicking shit out of them, it's a nanny state now.

:old:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Bluebird since 1948, can I cum in your hat?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:17 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
ronnieconradsflatcap wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:I know this is an Adam Brown idea but it does have some substance. Time to put a curfew on the under 18s at night. Many are running riot in this City particularly the Somalians, we need to take action now as vandalism is becoming more and more prelevant. Back in my day the coppers would give us a f*cking slap if we messed around but its all PC bullshit not isn't it. The dock areas are f*cking no go areas nowadays and I know many of my generation who are scared to go out.

All under 18s MUST not be allowed out after 6pm unless they are accompanied by an responsible adult whereas no children should be allowed out after 10pm at all. It's time to put the GREAT back into GREAT BRITAIN.

:old: :old: :old:

To many of these lefty liberals in this country t allow it

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w ... -31219976/

Thank god they outnumber the right-wing crackpots.

Certainly not right wing or conservative Mr OhhhGa

Just want a return t old fashioned values & morals

I was raised to treat others as I wish to be treated with respect and dignity,with manners, morals, and values not only in relation to fellow human beings and also in my work ethic as well.
I don't think people treat people with the respect and decency they used to. When I am out and about, I hardly ever hear kids of today saying "excuse me, pardon me, thank you, can I help you". If I acted the way some of these kids today did when I was their age, I hate to think what would have happened to me.
I have raised my kids on the same values with sucess so far

Lead by example. Your child will learn his values in life by observing you. Your child may not be able to describe what value he is learning, but he is learning from you everyday.

Have integrity. Mean what you say and say what you mean. Stand by your word. Keep your promises. Take responsibility for yourself and your actions. Always explain your thoughts and actions about integrity to your child. Explain that taking responsibility for your actions means you have integrity and you are being "true" to yourself when taking responsibility.

Be honest. Teach your child the value of honesty. Tell them about trusting other people and other people trusting you. Explain to your child that liars are not to be trusted, nor are they to be believed. Teach your child to be honest at all times, even if they get in trouble for it. Give them some examples from when you were a child to help them understand honesty

Discourage being a "fair weather friend" by teaching loyalty. Teach your child to defend his friends when it is the right thing to do. Teach your child the difference between "blind loyalty" and "loyalty", that blind loyalty is never right.

Encourage respect. Encourage your child to respect others and their differences. Teach your child to show respect to others by having good manners. Teach your child who a hero should be and tell them why.

Teach fairness to your child. Teaching fairness instills in your child the value of right and wrong. Give your child examples of being fair and not being fair, such as allowing someone to get in line in front of others. Or teach your child about grading every kid in the class the same way to be fair. When your child understands fairness, he will always practice being fair.

Encourage empathy to others. Help your child understand the feelings of others and be concerned for them. Teach your child to stand up for others less fortunate than he is, when it is appropriate. Empathy strengthens character.

Practice self-control. Teach your child that self-control is important for his own growth and maturity. Placing other peoples needs ahead of your own is not only self-control, it is altruistic. It is unselfish and the mark of maturity.

Its a pity many parents of today sadly lack in any values & morals & let their kids run amok & are unfit t look after even a hampster never mind kids & should be made accountable for their actions & also made compulsory t read this book below or similar books( on the proviso that the parents can actually read themselves which is beyond some of them I think)

http://www.amazon.com/Laying-Down-Law-P ... 1579547737

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:34 pm

That's a massive generalisation about the entire youth of today. As a member of said youth, I can assure you that we're not all bad. Equally, demonising them in such a way will do no good.

Parents? Well, let them parent how they choose. I couldn't think of anything worse than a controlling nanny-state personally.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:59 pm

OhhhGa wrote:That's a massive generalisation about the entire youth of today. As a member of said youth, I can assure you that we're not all bad. Equally, demonising them in such a way will do no good.

Parents? Well, let them parent how they choose. I couldn't think of anything worse than a controlling nanny-state personally.

Boris, we are not saying you are not allowed out after 6pm but that you must be accompanied by a responsible adult or parent. This is reaching a compromise, it's something that needs to be done to stop such things as the riots, vandalism, rape and murder.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:31 pm

Time to reclaim the streets, Browny what are the chances this is going to implemented on the downtrodden streets of Merthyr?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Time to reclaim the streets, Browny what are the chances this is going to implemented on the downtrodden streets of Merthyr?

As stated the only way it didn't happen was that the Police were dead against it bearing in mind the officers at the other forces welcomed their projects because crime went down an the parents took a tougher stance with their children as the public ended up policing the streets better themselves. However the negative 'local' left wing Labour loving media also did not help either but nothing can doubt the results from the other areas which were very, very positive.

In recent months, crime in Merthyr has increased hugely and I have no doubt that its a consquence of the new left wing Labour controlled council