Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

One question which I wish would be asked of TG

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:17 pm

I'd be reluctant to post this on Mike's board because of the over-riding need of a handful to jump on this issue and get carried away.

But TG said in answer to my question on Thursday that the decisions they are making are made in order to try to get the club to a positin where they are self-sufficient.

I'd have loved to know where the change to red fits in -what improvement to our finances does he think will come about through this ? There had been some talk of iyt helping Malaysians and other Far east fans identifying with us, getting more sponsorship, or even getting the Chinese involved, but it would be great if some meat could be put on the bones.

If you have his e-mail, can someone ask him ? The answer may well help some (clearly not all) come to terms with it.

Oh and before you ask - I didn't ask it as a second question as there were others who wanted to speak - some telling TG their life history , some asking questions which were perhaps for another place, but all had to be given their chance. Just a pity no-one asked this. TLG was there and I'm surprised he didn't ask, although he says as he was only there as a proxy it wasn't his place which is fair enough, but it was definately a chance missed. I also had to leave straight after the Q and A due to work so couldn't speak to TG after either.

Re: One question which I wish would be asked of TG

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:24 pm

I didn't think TG was a fan of red, this was VT's idea.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:29 pm

RFMH wrote:I didn't think TG was a fan of red, this was VT's idea.

Unfortunatley not many people get to speak to VT.

TG is club chairman and should be able to answer this.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:32 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

In my opinion I think the whole red thing is to make us more appealing to investors and sponsors. So far we have attracted more sponsorship

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:38 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

In my opinion I think the whole red thing is to make us more appealing to investors and sponsors. So far we have attracted more sponsorship

a LOT more sponsorship, and more to come IMO

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:57 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Is that down to the red ?

Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
CjBluebird17 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Is that down to the red ?

Im not sure. I doubt it but we do seem to being getting alot more but it could be that the Malaysians are taking more of a direct role of the sponsorship deals. Cardiff before were never really good at advertising themselves for sponsorship

Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Lawnmower wrote:I'd be reluctant to post this on Mike's board because of the over-riding need of a handful to jump on this issue and get carried away.

But TG said in answer to my question on Thursday that the decisions they are making are made in order to try to get the club to a positin where they are self-sufficient.

I'd have loved to know where the change to red fits in -what improvement to our finances does he think will come about through this ? There had been some talk of iyt helping Malaysians and other Far east fans identifying with us, getting more sponsorship, or even getting the Chinese involved, but it would be great if some meat could be put on the bones.

If you have his e-mail, can someone ask him ? The answer may well help some (clearly not all) come to terms with it.

Oh and before you ask - I didn't ask it as a second question as there were others who wanted to speak - some telling TG their life history , some asking questions which were perhaps for another place, but all had to be given their chance. Just a pity no-one asked this. TLG was there and I'm surprised he didn't ask, although he says as he was only there as a proxy it wasn't his place which is fair enough, but it was definately a chance missed. I also had to leave straight after the Q and A due to work so couldn't speak to TG after either.

This will be revealed once Sam is paid off. The Malaysians are not going to reveal extra income streams while they are negotiating a pay off for Sam.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Magners wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:I'd be reluctant to post this on Mike's board because of the over-riding need of a handful to jump on this issue and get carried away.

This will be revealed once Sam is paid off. The Malaysians are not going to reveal extra income streams while they are negotiating a pay off for Sam.

But what if that takes years to happen ?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:34 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Magners wrote:

But what if that takes years to happen ?

I think Magners is right, and if they revealed it now, we could find it even more difficult to get rid of SH than we are finding it already.

I think we all need to show some more patience, but I can fully understand why people are desperate to know.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:38 am

That's surely the reason why we have a sh1tty clipart beermat instead of a badge...