Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bristol away

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:28 am

I was just wondering how many people are going by train and what time they're catching the train from cardiff central as im on my own (sad I know) :L

Re: Bristol away

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Getting the train down from here.

Will be on my own as always too :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:59 pm

ryaan93 wrote:I was just wondering how many people are going by train and what time they're catching the train from cardiff central as im on my own (sad I know) :L

Quite a lot, plenty from Port talbot and Neath. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:04 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Getting the train down from here.

See I cant do it, go on my own you see....did it to Burnley last year and to be fair it was class. I ended up meeting separate people via the train (some crazy fat brummie who smashed 7 cans in 25 minutes) and then in the pubs around the centre but thats just cos im sociable as f**k....i was a holiday rep ffs, I could start a convo with anything. I dont think I could do it again though, but I got no fucker to share my CCFC passion with up ere. :cry: :cry:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ryaan93 wrote:I was just wondering how many people are going by train and what time they're catching the train from cardiff central as im on my own (sad I know) :L

Quite a lot, plenty from Port talbot and Neath. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

how many are we expecting to take any 1 have any info.. tickets selling well ect :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:07 pm

What time train is most people likely to catch?

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:13 pm

ryaan93 wrote:What time train is most people likely to catch?

Loads of us Casuals on the half eight from Central mate, tag along you will be well looked after! :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Getting the train down from here.

See I cant do it, go on my own you see....did it to Burnley last year and to be fair it was class. I ended up meeting separate people via the train (some crazy fat brummie who smashed 7 cans in 25 minutes) and then in the pubs around the centre but thats just cos im sociable as f**k....i was a holiday rep ffs, I could start a convo with anything. I dont think I could do it again though, but I got no fucker to share my CCFC passion with up ere. :cry: :cry:

I enjoy it mate, always try and stand amongst the singers though :ayatollah:

Same with me! Everyone at works supports Man Utd, Liverpool or Leeds :(

Always turn up in my Cardiff gear mind, good to wind them up :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Yeah that sounds good, im quite shy mind :lol:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:20 pm

ryaan93 wrote:Yeah that sounds good, im quite shy mind :lol:

smash a few pints down you and head butt someone, always settles nerves.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:36 pm

Yeah that sounds like a good shout :lol: il take a few bud with me :lol:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:39 pm

See you on the half 8 train guys!

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:13 am

Me and my mate are going to be getting the train.

Are people getting the train to ParkWay and then to Parson Street (as this is the station that's closest to the ground) or are people going straight to temple meads and then getting a taxi to the ground?

Word is that we're not going to be able to just get off at Temple Meads and go for a pint in Bristol so was wondering what other train goers plans were?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:15 am

temple meads for me, then either switch trains or walk in

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Hi Gents im also travelling from cardiff cen would anyone let me know what time train there on to Temple meads and are u wearing colours or not as im on my own?? will swap numbers if you like ?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 pm

i think the 10 one for me. though by the sounds of it a lot of people getting on the 8.30

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:28 pm

paul do u wabt get 8.30 mate as im on my todd lol

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:56 pm

ccfc_paynester wrote:paul do u wabt get 8.30 mate as im on my todd lol

ill have to see if i can get my mate out of bed :lol:

i wouldnt worry though mate, there will be plenty of blue around :ayatollah:

though just incase, i would leave the colours at home for this one

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Wheres everyone going for drinks though is there a specific pub in bristol?

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:41 pm

train gets to temple meads 10.00 then probably get put in the colosseum which is down towards trashton but not in enemy terrotory !! ie saff Bristol

http://www.viewbristol.co.uk/pubsandbar ... 39474.html

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:28 pm

ok mate will try find it u on 08.30 mate to temple. Also gents for armed forces its £7.50 return on train ;)

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:33 pm

ok mate will try find it u on 08.30 mate to temple. Also gents for armed forces its £7.50 return on train ;)

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:45 am

I'm gonna get off the train and walk out of the station and then i will put my finger in the air and then which ever way the wind blows is where we will be going. Ooooo arrrr!

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:22 am

It may also be that being our nearest away game and a local derby that it's a good one to go to whatever colour shirt our players wear. :lol: p

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:28 am

Dont worry. All you redshirts will blend in with the Bristol fans anyway. :lol:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:33 am

Anyone else on the 9.30 train? Heard quite a few were going up on that but from this thread it seems a lot are going earlier on.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:34 am

10 for me :)

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:36 am

Won't be going to this one, I am banned from many of Bristols drinking establishments due to incidences in the 60s and 70s.

:old:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:38 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Won't be going to this one, I am banned from many of Bristols drinking establishments due to incidences in the 60s and 70s.

of course you are :roll:

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:02 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Won't be going to this one, I am banned from many of Bristols drinking establishments due to incidences in the 60s and 70s.

of course you are :roll:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!