Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Malky Mackay ref: Conway

Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:22 am

I was reading on a spl forum not so long back, can't remember which one as I randomly clicked on a Google link, anyway, cut a long story short they were saying WTF is Malky up to? Prizing away one of the best wingers from their leagues for a few years only to bench him!

They were saying they'd rather have him back up there if we are going to waste the talent.

IMO he looked VERY sharp against Newcastle, and being one of the most dangerous players in the other 2 pre season games as well.

We have a clear out and out winger with pace and trickery and he seems to get dropped for one of "mm's favourites" now I've nothing against Cowie as he's a top central midfielder with a great engine but come on Malky! Not a winger ever!

You've built a strong squad and have decent options on the bench (which should include Cowie tbh) - now play the players you have in their correct positions!

You do that - and we rip this league a new a*se hole!

Same goes for Whitts, Bellers & Gunnarson.

Oh and one last thing, PLEASE PLAY FOOTBALL ON THE FLOOR! We had enough hoofball under that muppet Dave Jones!

Good luck Malky and CCFC for the coming season :ayatollah:

Re: FAO Malky Mackay ref: Conway

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:43 pm

GOOD POST :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Three words - Son of Malky

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:26 pm

spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:09 pm

CP76 wrote:Three words - Son of Malky

Cowie always seems to get his shirt no matter what? Personally I think he's become more of a fringe player now who has to fight for a shirt, especially seeing as Gunnarsson and Mutch have looked so good, and lets be fair we can't drop Whitts! Conway was outstanding on the RIGHT wing v Newcastle, and we have Kim bo and Bellars who can occupy either wings too....

ah well, lets hope things change against Brighton and I'm really looking forward to going to Bristol next week too, back to Blue. ;)

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:36 pm

Have to agree, Conway was unlucky last season before his injury, then Fri couldn't believe Cowie was replaced by Mason ( as much as I like Mason when played in his position) as opposed Conway.

Conway can give us something different, he can cross the ball, has an eye for goal and has a trick or two, Cowie I didn't expect to be a starter this year, but ok for back up.

If Conway didn't start Friday after some good pre season showings, what chance does he have when Kimbo is ready?? :roll:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:49 pm

I must admit i was shocked when Conway was not named in the starting XI on friday

Cowie to me is nothing more than a squad player

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:52 pm

glammy74 wrote:I must admit i was shocked when Conway was not named in the starting XI on friday

Anyone who has seen any pre-season games felt the same, he has been on fire, and unfortunately (i like cowie) Malky dropped a clanger, i also agree with a few as too what will happen when Kimbo gets here ?

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Merlin wrote:
Oh and one last thing, PLEASE PLAY FOOTBALL ON THE FLOOR! We had enough hoofball under that muppet Dave Jones!

I watched the game on our Sport Prime channel and couldnt beleived my eyes .. where did all fast on the ground passes from Northampton game gone? my mates were all very impressed with cardiff game that nihgt and on Friday we just watched that up in the sky looong ball :roll: more like a footvolley :(

WE NEED BALL ON THE FLOOR AND TO KEEP KINDA GAME LIKE IN PRE-SEASONS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:43 pm

ayahtolla wrote:
glammy74 wrote:I must admit i was shocked when Conway was not named in the starting XI on friday

Anyone who has seen any pre-season games felt the same, he has been on fire, and unfortunately (i like cowie) Malky dropped a clanger, i also agree with a few as too what will happen when Kimbo gets here ?

I was saying to a mate that I wonder the same thing. I think Cowie will be switched infield but then who would he replace?????? My bet is on Mutch, though I'd rather that not happen. wouldn't mind seeing them rotated in central midfield a little bit then, give chance for players to have a rest

Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:49 pm

conway has done so well to come back from his bad injury and your right he looked razor sharp all pre season,as soon as conway started against northampton I knew cowie would be out wide against huddersfield
First league game of the season so maybe things will change,

Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:54 pm

SlovenianBluebird wrote:
Merlin wrote:

I watched the game on our Sport Prime channel and couldnt beleived my eyes .. where did all fast on the ground passes from Northampton game gone? my mates were all very impressed with cardiff game that nihgt and on Friday we just watched that up in the sky looong ball :roll: more like a footvolley :(

WE NEED BALL ON THE FLOOR AND TO KEEP KINDA GAME LIKE IN PRE-SEASONS :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think the pressure told in the first game of the season

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Maybe Malky should have left Bellamy out for first game....?
Would it have been so bad? It would have thrown a spanner in the works regarding Huddersfield defending to be honest as they seemed to have trained and practiced knowing Bellamy would start - and had two men on him as soon as he was on the ball!

Just feel Conway had more to offer in the opening game....

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Agreed Craig :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Cowie is not a winger. Conway is :D

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Agreed Craig :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Cowie is not a winger. Conway is :D

It was crying out for him to come on Friday Steve :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Heard he might have had a knock if thats the case why bench him in the first place then. :?:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Only us and Manchester City beat a newly promoted team in the top 2 divisions. It was a hard game for us because the set up shop and just let our CB have the ball forcing them to hoof it up the pitch. We are not going to come up against many teams that are that solid this season at home. I do agree that Malky called it wrong he either should have switched bellers to the right once it was clear to see that Kev was beating the right back but we needed either Conway or Mason playing out wide for their movement.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:52 pm

BOWMAN wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Agreed Craig :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Cowie is not a winger. Conway is :D

It was crying out for him to come on Friday Steve :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Heard he might have had a knock if thats the case why bench him in the first place then. :?:

Lee its a throw back to last season when Conway got ignored. Cowie is a central Midfielder as Craig said. Like the end of last season there is no balance in the team and that is a worry.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:33 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
BOWMAN wrote:

Lee its a throw back to last season when Conway got ignored. Cowie is a central Midfielder as Craig said. Like the end of last season there is no balance in the team and that is a worry.

There was Balance against Newcastle Steve! I witnessed us demolish their premiership defence in 30 top minutes! (no Bellers or Cowie!) instead it was Ralls and Conway on the wings...... :idea:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Merlin wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
BOWMAN wrote:

There was Balance against Newcastle Steve! I witnessed us demolish their premiership defence in 30 top minutes! (no Bellers or Cowie!) instead it was Ralls and Conway on the wings...... :idea:

No balance in games that matters Chief :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:44 pm

Cowie is a defensive option IMO. He doesn't offer width but he isn't played for that. He offers good energy levels, a decent passer and tucks inside.

IMO MM needs to be more bold and play with two wingers to give us that width.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:24 pm

I agree.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:30 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:Only us and Manchester City beat a newly promoted team in the top 2 divisions. It was a hard game for us because the set up shop and just let our CB have the ball forcing them to hoof it up the pitch. We are not going to come up against many teams that are that solid this season at home. I do agree that Malky called it wrong he either should have switched bellers to the right once it was clear to see that Kev was beating the right back but we needed either Conway or Mason playing out wide for their movement.

Didn't like Mason out wide on friday, thought he looked a little lost. Much prefer him up front, such an intelligent runner