Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Newport County

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Made a trip down there today seen as I didn't want to stay in and watch Football result shows etc.
If Cardiff games are going to be played on Sundays I'd recommend people to do it if its cheap :)
Great game and went 2-0 up at half time but 2-1 in the end.
After 3 games the vibe is postive and their feet are on the floor and just happy to take as many points as they can.
They have this Aaron O'Connor who got 2 today and scored 5 in 3 or something. Looks a proper great player in the Blue Square. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Newport County

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:57 pm

what was the crowd dando ?

is rodney parade a suitable venue for footie ?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:59 pm

i think they will do better than last season ,with the players JE has got in....but it's a hard league to get out of - Good luck to them.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:03 pm

3,000 crowd.
Well the pitch looks tidy and it seems like they haven't changed ground to the fans.
I enjoyed it fairplay. The fans are a postive bunch. Considering they grabbed 9 points out of 9 it will send a good signal for them to do better this season. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:07 pm

sounds like ingredients for a promotion push for the county this year

i noticed merthyr drew 2-2 with swindon supermarine today too
a good week end for welsh clubs it seems

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:10 pm

I hope they finsh high but in the driving seat maybe they can push on.
This Yakubu their centre bac is top notch in the BSP :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:19 pm

My mate plays for Bristol rovers so I watched their friendly against them, and they battered Bristol, I said to my mate they will do well this year

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Was there too today and was well impressed... Good luck to them, they play Hereford next, should be a good game...

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Hofmeister wrote:Was there too today and was well impressed... Good luck to them, they play Hereford next, should be a good game...

Where was you sitting? They look dangerous on attacs fairplay. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:01 am

Would really love to see them do well . :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:03 am

A lot of respect for Jarvis last season down there, spoke volumes of how much he gave out to the fans down there on his loan spell :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:41 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:Was there too today and was well impressed... Good luck to them, they play Hereford next, should be a good game...

Where was you sitting? They look dangerous on attacs fairplay. :ayatollah:

I was in block C of the stand, 4 rows up...

Yes esp. that O'Connor lad. Good pace and he anticipates well

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:30 am

I was there too as a photographer, I've seen them four times so far !

O'connor is on fire and carrying an injury, Pipe seems to frighten the opposition, but for me the real gem is Lee Evans, 18 years old, centre midfield, the boy has it all, don't think it will be long before the league scouts are sniffing around !

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:40 am

DandoCCFC wrote:3,000 crowd.
Well the pitch looks tidy and it seems like they haven't changed ground to the fans.
I enjoyed it fairplay. The fans are a postive bunch. Considering they grabbed 9 points out of 9 it will send a good signal for them to do better this season. :ayatollah:

good crowd 3000...

speaking of crowds i saw rotherham in league 2 yesterday had a crowd of over 11000!

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:48 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:3,000 crowd.

good crowd 3000...

speaking of crowds i saw rotherham in league 2 yesterday had a crowd of over 11000!

Brand new ground at Rotherham.

A good County crowd at Spytty last year was around 1,700 so in excess of 3,000 is brilliant. Spytty was just too far away, no buses from town and felt like a council sport centre.

Feedback from the County supporters is that Rodney Parade is a good fit and if they do well, the crowds will continue to grow.

Good on 'em!!

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:52 am

Newport(hardcore Newport fans) hate Cardiff fans beyond, but I would still like to see them back in the league.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:Newport(hardcore Newport fans) hate Cardiff fans beyond, but I would still like to see them back in the league.

id like to see them back in the football league also...

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:57 am

Yes they do AA, a few of them know i'm a bluebird, I worked for Acorn for four years based in Panasonic Pentwyn and Duffryn, so still a bit weary when down there !

Jason Perry's boy joe, was on bench again yesterday, he's a keeper, saw jason at the Nuneaton game !

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:13 pm

hereford next week will be intersting

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Newport(hardcore Newport fans) hate Cardiff fans beyond, but I would still like to see them back in the league.

I know plenty of their nutters, Annis.....going back as far as the battle on Barry Island! A good old mate of mine had all his front teeth kicked out....he recons it was Frankie! They 'kin hate City.

Worst of all, they hate City supporters saying they want County to do well.....cos they see it as us patronising them!

They all know me as CCFC and I've had a good craic over there.....used to wear a little Bluebirds badge - which was never removed in their clubhouse either!

But they deserve to have a league team....they have a history too. I was actually over Somerton Park for the Carl Zeis Jana game all them years ago!

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Does no one realise that Newport hate us as nearly as much as Swansea do? :lol:

Some of you may want them to do well now but I wouldn't be surprised if they become our rivals when they eventually get into the football league.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Thanks for the good feedback. Glad you all enjoyed the day.
For the record I only hate Cardiff when we play you good luck for the season

Rob x

Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:28 pm

hope they do get back in the league, hopefully we will get them in the fa cup away :ayatollah: ps smash there shity town up :lol:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:11 pm

hope they do get back in the league, hopefully we will get them in the fa cup away ps smash there shity town up.

Actually if you smash the town up you'll be improving it Newport is a really awful dump. A real eyesore.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:14 pm

milly44 wrote:hereford next week will be intersting
anychance of borrowing your familys ST??? i wouldnt mind a mooch down there

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Purple in Cwmbran wrote:

I know plenty of their nutters, Annis.....going back as far as the battle on Barry Island! A good old mate of mine had all his front teeth kicked out....he recons it was Frankie! They 'kin hate City.

Worst of all, they hate City supporters saying they want County to do well.....cos they see it as us patronising them!

They all know me as CCFC and I've had a good craic over there.....used to wear a little Bluebirds badge - which was never removed in their clubhouse either!

But they deserve to have a league team....they have a history too. I was actually over Somerton Park for the Carl Zeis Jana game all them years ago!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As much as I dislike them, I have a lot of respect for their lads.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Like to see the townie pricks go down

Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:12 pm

who the f.ck are nuput county :lol:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:Like to see the townie pricks go down

Naah.....can't buy that.

They're a spunky lot an deserve to get where they are aiming. Interesting to see how we would fight for our existance if the Malaysian's feck up. County did what Barry Town are trying......local fans doing all they could to fund their existance. Played in the Beazer Midland Division with home games in Gloucestershire, ffs.

'kin good luck to 'em!

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:Like to see the townie pricks go down

Ebbw.....you must have seen or been aware of the weekend scraps between Valeeys and Townies in Westgate Square!

That was before the extended licensing hours, when all the clubs kicked out together. I know Liverpool dockers who were too scared to go out, late on a Saturday in Newport!! ;)