Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Matt Connolly

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:20 pm

I've heard rumours that Matt Connolly could be signing for us next week. He's a 6' 2'' defender from QPR.

Can anyone shed any light on this or is it JUST a rumour?! :roll:

Re: Matt Connolly

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:22 pm

CityGent did say we were looking for another player from QPR and that it wasn't JB, hope its Connolly

Tommy Smith and some other QPR player so it could be.. Luke Young and Matt Connolly I'd put money on. :ayatollah:

Citygent said we are due to sign tommy smith and another qpr player so i wouldnt be suprised mate :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:26 pm

I hope we bring a defender in. Turner and Hudson looked a bit off the pace for some of the Huddersfield game but there is nobody pushing for their place, so would definitely heat things up at the back :D

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:28 pm

themadhatter wrote:I hope we bring a defender in. Turner and Hudson looked a bit off the pace for some of the Huddersfield game but there is nobody pushing for their place, so would definitely heat things up at the back :D

Think its been sai ld 2 defenders and another attacker :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:29 pm

Depsite the signings and that I really hope we can get rid of Earnie.. the wage bill will always be high but Im sure theres someone way better and would have cheaper wage than Earnie. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Very good player who was schooled the Arsenal way.

Kept 23 clean sheets in our promotion winning season & for me was unfairly bombed out. Went to Reading & was again very good.

Would be a great signing for you lads.

His only negative for me is that he can be very quiet. He is a shy lad off the pitch but needs a bit more bite on it. Tactically very aware & strong.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Always thought he was a professional and great player. Deserves game time.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Very good player who was schooled the Arsenal way.

Kept 23 clean sheets in our promotion winning season & for me was unfairly bombed out. Went to Reading & was again very good.

His only negative for me is that he can be very quiet. He is a shy lad off the pitch but needs a bit more bite on it. Tactically very aware & strong.

You heard anything your way stan? You think this could be a plausible deal?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Definitely plausible as he is not in Hughes' plans it seems.

Not heard any whispers my end.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Hasn't he just signed for Pompey??

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:15 pm

I know malky his confident of getting 2 players in this week ;)

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:Hasn't he just signed for Pompey??

That was Paul Connolly mate :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:34 pm

How is he mobility wise, that seems to be one of the main issues with out two at the moment.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Good ol' JR wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:Hasn't he just signed for Pompey??

That was Paul Connolly mate :ayatollah:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh cheers

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:49 pm

RFMH wrote:

How is he mobility wise, that seems to be one of the main issues with out two at the moment.

He's not a rapid player but he's quick on the turn & is tall so covers ground quick. He unfairly got a bit of stick from QPR fans who nicknamed him '2 bounce' after he let the ball bounce once instead of clearing it which led to a goal, other than that was always Mr reliable.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:40 pm

You still shell-shocked from yesterday Stan or are you taking a calm and objective approach? :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Not just a rumour then :lol:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:42 pm

moonboots wrote:

You still shell-shocked from yesterday Stan or are you taking a calm and objective approach? :ayatollah:

To be honest mate I still can't believe how bad we were.

It was literally schoolboy stuff & s not expecting it at all. Swansea deserved the points all day long but in all honesty it was handed to them on a plate. We deserved exactly what we got fcuk all.

What can you do as a fan? Just gotta suck it up, hope they get sorted in training & turn up on Saturday to try & rectify things.

Tough away trip to Norwich where I honestly can't remember the last time we won who are themselves just off the back of a 5-0 loss so it should be interesting.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:43 pm

all the winning sun dreram teams are jack teams :o

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:59 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:all the winning sun dreram teams are jack teams :o

I noticed that as well. :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:14 pm

themadhatter wrote:Not just a rumour then :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19319677