Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HAS TOMMY SMITH ?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Has Tommy Smith been given a squad number at QPR ?

Can anyone shed light on this.

As I am hearing he is on course to sign for us.

Re: HAS TOMMY SMITH ?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:35 pm

No he hasn't. I'm not fussed on him anyway, he's just going to push the younger talent out. I'd say Bellers on one wing and Conway/Mason on the other is good enough

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Nope, along with bothroyd, cambell,young and barton :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:36 pm

I would much rather Jamie Makie ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:37 pm

As much as I agree the younger players will be pushed harder to get a place in the side. Looking from what you posted you expect people to walk into the team and keep their place. Competition is brilliant for the club and depth is good. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:38 pm

Here's their up to date squad. As you can see there is no Tommy or Bothroyd

http://www.footballsquads.co.uk/eng/201 ... em/qpr.htm

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:40 pm

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=2093

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:42 pm

Is a name that we would of all been over the moon signing in January so what's changed ?

Same league same manager squad a little bigger but we all know its a long old season

:ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Seeing as youre in the sharing mood annis ...... Any others? :D

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:48 pm

It's been emotional wrote:Is a name that we would of all been over the moon signing in January so what's changed ?

Same league same manager squad a little bigger but we all know its a long old season

:ayatollah:

Totally agree.

Tommy Smith and Heidar Helguson are both players most would have wanted over the last few years.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:50 pm

Is that the best Malky can attract !?

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:55 am

Cheers.

Smith is def still on Malky's list.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:58 am

Where would he play him its unless its out wide on the wing but we got enough now and still we play with a five center midfielders set up for some bizarre reason all they do is watch it go flying over there heads from are back line anyway, i dont see any point we got plenty of strikers and only play one up front as it is :ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:58 am

i wouldnt mind smith, stan seems to think he is a decent player and he may add something else to the squad...

if u look at our bench on fri night, taking out mason, it didnt exactly have loads of quality....

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:00 am

Luke Young
Tommy Smith
Rob Hulse
DJ Campbell
Jay Bothroyd
Joey Barton

None of these have squad numbers at QPR

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:01 am

CantonJack wrote:No he hasn't. I'm not fussed on him anyway, he's just going to push the younger talent out. I'd say Bellers on one wing and Conway/Mason on the other is good enough

Stop talking sense mate you know full well his son Cowie has to play despite being out of his depth out wide.
Look what happened Friday to Conway?

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cheers.

Blood out of a stone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:08 am

Forever Blue wrote:Cheers.

Two signings tomorrow, i believe??

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:21 am

tommy smith dont need him where will he play to many midfield forwards etc but one thing i will say after our first game we look so unbalanced :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:39 am

ANDYBLUE wrote:tommy smith dont need him where will he play to many midfield forwards etc but one thing i will say after our first game we look so unbalanced :ayatollah:

Agreed (except would still like to see 1 more quality physical stariker so we can go to 4-4-2 even if Helguson is unfit (don't rate Rudi) . If we've got any more funds then we need to strengthen the defense -especially left back where there is no competition for Taylor.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:19 pm

If you take the Team from Friday into account we have:

Marshall

Kev
Hudson
Turner
Taylor

Cowie
Gunnarsson
Whittingham
Mutch
Bellamy

Helguson

Bench: Lewis, Blake, Earnshaw, Mason, Conway, Velikonja, Kiss

Add Ralls, Harris, Gestede, Kim Bo-Kyung, Mcphail and possibly Smith, you have got depth there. I'd welcome the signing of Tommy Smith. Like to see a full back come in though, preferably a leftback as we haven't really got any cover or competition for Taylor :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:19 pm

Malky wants him, lets all wait and see.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Malky wants him, lets all wait and see.

Are we still after another striker Annis, or does that all depend on Earnie?

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Another wide player who will have his natural game stifled by the narrow minded Malky Mackay and his 4 man 20 yrd radius midfield :roll: :roll:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:22 am

Will be interesting if Malky signs him Smith and a QPR youngster. Hmm