Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

T.G'S INTERVIEW ON RADIO WALES

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Caught the interview with Tb in the car after the game, someone said it is on the official site, but it will also be on BBC I player, well worth a listen.

The first thing that struck me was his voice, really deep and authoritave, first time I've heard his voice and it was nothing like I expected.
He was very reassuring and calming and sounded really genuine. These people aren't here for the quick buck, they have long term ambitions and good business heads that should stand us in good stead.

They have earned some trust, so let's at least give them the couretsy until they show otherwise. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: T.G'S INTERVIEW ON RADIO WALES

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:05 pm

If anyone has a link to the radio wales interview I wouldnt mind a listen

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:08 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Caught the interview with Tb in the car after the game, someone said it is on the official site, but it will also be on BBC I player, well worth a listen.

The first thing that struck me was his voice, really deep and authoritave, first time I've heard his voice and it was nothing like I expected.
He was very reassuring and calming and sounded really genuine. These people aren't here for the quick buck, they have long term ambitions and good business heads that should stand us in good stead.

They have earned some trust, so let's at least give them the couretsy until they show otherwise. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Totally agree, I listened to it on Cardiff City player and was very impressed by the way he put things accross. I think we should count ourselves lucky to have owners like this rather than moan all the time. Lets be honest he didn't have to bail the club out.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:11 pm

oh f**k it im getting Cardiff player :lol:
Ive been putting it off for long enough

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:oh f**k it im getting Cardiff player :lol:

It's worth it matey :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:16 pm

I bought it last week it helps keep my addiction going
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Met TG yesterday, top bloke :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:29 pm

broadlandsblue1960 wrote:

Should it work straight away? ive got a direct debit agreement via email but every time I log in it asks me to pay :roll:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Really impressed too Gwyn. As TG said, they could have left us in the lurch 2 years ago and when asked about the ridiculous 90 million debt rumour, his answer will vex the narrow minded paranoid"financial experts"among our support who seem to think Vincent Tan is lending money to himself to eventually asset strip us and barely making a profit (probably losing money instead). I think the scars of previous regimes are so deep that these same paranoid fans can't trust anyone - even honourable men who have barely put a foot wrong

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:02 pm

A deeply impressive interview which really gave me some understanding of the thinking of the people who run this club. During the dark days when having a moneyman behind the club meant someone who owned a local travel agency to now being owned by a bona fide extremely wealthy businessman with international interests is frankly unbelievable.

I feel lucky to have the club in the hands of people who will run it like a business in the correct manner, are prepared to take risks, and are intent on investing for the future.

This is a new era for Cardiff City and I am looking forward to what the future holds.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:06 pm

CityGent wrote:Really impressed too Gwyn. As TG said, they could have left us in the lurch 2 years ago and when asked about the ridiculous 90 million debt rumour, his answer will vex the narrow minded paranoid"financial experts"among our support who seem to think Vincent Tan is lending money to himself to eventually asset strip us and barely making a profit (probably losing money instead). I think the scars of previous regimes are so deep that these same paranoid fans can't trust anyone - even honourable men who have barely put a foot wrong

they aint going anywhere ,top men who have put there money where theirs mouths are :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:23 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Caught the interview with Tb in the car after the game, someone said it is on the official site, but it will also be on BBC I player, well worth a listen.

TG is absolute class :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Should it work straight away? ive got a direct debit agreement via email but every time I log in it asks me to pay :roll:

Dont worry Luke I put it off aswell. People tell me they see me on the Pre Season Aways.. I ask them where do I find it? 'Cardiff City Player' :lol: :old:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:10 pm

I've watched the interview with TG on Cardiff City Player and found it very interesting!

Tried to find a link on iplayer to post it but failed, don't know if anybody else has found it?

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:04 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

It does that all the time when you log in, just click on latest news and you should be ok

Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:46 pm

CityGent wrote:I think the scars of previous regimes are so deep that these same paranoid fans can't trust anyone - even honourable men who have barely put a foot wrong

Good point that is.

Thinking about it, I suppose I'm in that boat.

Want to trust them but struggling and that is probably down to as you said, what has gone before them.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Thier still saying they changed the strip to make money from the asian market ? why bother when we all know its load of bollocks ? any way for some us we support the the club not the latest chairman they come and go just like sam :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Deckard wrote:A deeply impressive interview which really gave me some understanding of the thinking of the people who run this club. During the dark days when having a moneyman behind the club meant someone who owned a local travel agency to now being owned by a bona fide extremely wealthy businessman with international interests is frankly unbelievable.

I feel lucky to have the club in the hands of people who will run it like a business in the correct manner, are prepared to take risks, and are intent on investing for the future.

This is a new era for Cardiff City and I am looking forward to what the future holds.

good post that. i said the same in another post. before sam, are owners were doing well in there buisnesses. and could put 1-2 million in the club. but now we have owners that can plough millions in to the club. and would only be intrest money :roll:

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Die Walkure wrote:

TG is absolute class :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

TG certainly does seem to Have a passion / respect for the Bluebirds, I'm not 100% convinced on VT yet......
I hope he is in it for the club not just quick Premiership buck, cos someone said footballs a funny old game

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:46 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

It does that all the time when you log in, just click on latest news and you should be ok

All sorted and a good interview with TG.
I was surprised how forceful and direct the interviewer was.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

All sorted and a good interview with TG.
I was surprised how forceful and direct the interviewer was.

Agree, it was a very insightful interview, I like to think TG was sincere and I am prepared to accept he was. No one wanted these changes and only time will tell if this is all going to work out. I just want to be able to take my 10 year old son to watch City and be part of the next chapter in City's history
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:05 am

I've been in business for a long time, and in my experience, the people that want to con you don't show up wearing a mask and a striped jumper, or carry a bag with SWAG written on it. They are always plausible, likable people who you feel you can trust. They never say "give me your money and that's the last you'll ever see of it". I'm not saying that any of your owners are out to shaft you, but talk is cheap. You'll always catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar.

Some people are like New Labours Peter Mandleson . They love to bask in the reflected glory of someone with a bit of dosh, they change their loyalties more often than they change their replica kit! They have more faces than the town hall clock, and are just wannabe rich men, who have consistently sold out to the highest bidder. How they have the brass neck to ignore what they have said and done in the past, and air brush it out of history, makes them prime candidates to become MP's.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:10 am

xajax wrote:I've been in business for a long time, and in my experience, the people that want to con you don't show up wearing a mask and a striped jumper, or carry a bag with SWAG written on it. They are always plausible, likable people who you feel you can trust. They never say "give me your money and that's the last you'll ever see of it". I'm not saying that any of your owners are out to shaft you, but talk is cheap. You'll always catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar.

Some people are like New Labours Peter Mandleson . They love to bask in the reflected glory of someone with a bit of dosh, they change their loyalties more often than they change their replica kit! They have more faces than the town hall clock, and are just wannabe rich men, who have consistently sold out to the highest bidder. How they have the brass neck to ignore what they have said and done in the past, and air brush it out of history, makes them prime candidates to become MP's.

here here .... well said.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:13 am

I remember TGs interview after we lost in the play-off final. He seemed genuinely upset.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:54 am

xajax wrote:I've been in business for a long time, and in my experience, the people that want to con you don't show up wearing a mask and a striped jumper, or carry a bag with SWAG written on it. They are always plausible, likable people who you feel you can trust. They never say "give me your money and that's the last you'll ever see of it". I'm not saying that any of your owners are out to shaft you, but talk is cheap. You'll always catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar.

If you mean 'actions speak louder than words'......

Then we should be ok.

Bellamy/Kim Bo/Mutch/Velikonja/Helgusson/Lewis....

PMG debt all but gone over to shares

Sam Hammam on the verge of being paid off.

Trouble with our supporters is we been stitched up so many times before that we don't
believe anyone. And for two years there has been a concerted attempt to undermine the
Malaysians. For whatever the reason, they can do no right for some fans. Yet the evidence
is there for all to see. We are going places

Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:17 am

CityGent wrote:Really impressed too Gwyn. As TG said, they could have left us in the lurch 2 years ago and when asked about the ridiculous 90 million debt rumour, his answer will vex the narrow minded paranoid"financial experts"among our support who seem to think Vincent Tan is lending money to himself to eventually asset strip us and barely making a profit (probably losing money instead). I think the scars of previous regimes are so deep that these same paranoid fans can't trust anyone - even honourable men who have barely put a foot wrong

Well said, you hit the nail firmly on the head, our lot are paranoid and untrusting, which sums them up as being immature the type of support we could do with out.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:23 am

How many " bonus " points for that post Gwyn ?

Points make prizes as they say !!

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:00 am

taffyapple wrote:Snipped<<<<< Yet the evidence
is there for all to see. We are going places

I just hope its a place where we will still have at least two Football League clubs in South Wales. At the moment its more so called "debt", but with your season ticket sales and gate receipts, how its £1.2 million every month, I cannot understand.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:12 am

One more point.

You must be getting close on £14 million in gate receipts every year plus some TV money. If VT is putting in £14 million as well, that would suggest you are loosing £28 million a year! Sorry I find that a bit far fetched, unless you are paying premier league wages. Still £14 million "loaned" to the club, equates to almost a million quid a year at 7% interest, which is incredible when the bank rate is .5% at present.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:18 am

xajax wrote:You'll always catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar.

You'll catch even more flies with manure.