Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Peter Whittingham

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Whats your honest thoughts on him ?

Re: Peter Whittingham

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:08 pm

One of the best players in the division certainly, massively consistent.

Not sure why MM is using him so deep though, very odd.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:09 pm

2blue2handle wrote:One of the best players in the division certainly, massively consistent.

Not sure why MM is using him so deep though, very odd.

For now take off Cowie for Kiss, play Kiss deep and Whittingham higher up with Mutch playing a wider role?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:09 pm

think he is played to deep really good player should be more attacking though,

needs to play just behind the striker/strikers

could easily be named best player outside of the premier league

and he does what he wants

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:13 pm

It's hard to be effective when your being used as a 3rd Centre back.!

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:15 pm

Playing way too deep, he should swap positions with Gunnarsson IMO.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:20 pm

If I'm honest with you I would cash in on him

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Angry Man wrote:If I'm honest with you I would cash in on him

Are you judging him after 1 game? Don't think he played well but neither did he play terrible.
Last edited by rhys1927ccfc on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Whats your honest thoughts on him ?

Whats your thoughts??

I think he's a good player, but he is not good enough to sit in the middle of our midfield, play him on the left hand side

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:24 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Angry Man wrote:If I'm honest with you I would cash in on him

Are you judging him after 1 game? Don't think he played well but neither did he play terrible.

No, not at all. Given his age I think his value is at its peak now

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:25 pm

Fantastic centre midfielder who also plays well out wide left and behind the striker. Holding midfielder is not for him

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:26 pm

should play further up in an attacking mid position, not a defensive one!

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:27 pm

All Malky needs to do is push Whittingham a little further forward. Then we will create more and score.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:27 pm

I dont think he can play further up the pitch to be honest he hasnt got the pace or movement. But I do agree hes too deep

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:28 pm

The best player on our books and the top scorer for the last 2 seasons as an added bonus. Superb :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:39 pm

One of our best players. I've grown very frustrated with Malky insisting that he play so far deep. Like mentioned above, it's as if he's playing as a third centre back!

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:41 pm

We have so many managers on here. I'm amazed the club even bother paying Malky.

Whittingham is amazing at this level as most of the footballing fraternity keep saying.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Cash in.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:43 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Cash in.

Why would anyone want to lose a player who has consistently been one of the top players for assists over the last few years and always chips in with a good amount of goals from midfield.
Add into that the fact the money will go straight to Ray Ranson so wont be able to replace him :shock:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Any supporter who wants to sell him needs their head checking

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:52 pm

The last time he spent a season playing wide left he scored 25 goals and had umpteen assists. A clue there to his best position I think. Wasted playing where he is.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:Cash in.

Why would anyone want to lose a player who has consistently been one of the top players for assists over the last few years and always chips in with a good amount of goals from midfield. :shock:

Usually because they are Jacks pretending to be Cardiff fans or the more extreme end of the KCB who would rather see the club fail on the pitch.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Whats your honest thoughts on him ?

The question should be
Makly what's your honest thoughts on him ?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:57 pm

I think he has served the club well and I agree should play further up the field and not so deep

Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:47 pm

I have always been a big Whittingham fan, my only worry is, does he shine on the big games ?

Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:52 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:Playing way too deep, he should swap positions with Gunnarsson IMO.

i agree with this

Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:52 pm

Looked lost last night BUT its only first game , I think KimBo will bring best out of him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:18 pm

My favourite City player of my time. Loyal and technically superb. I'd use him centrally behind Helguson with Kimbo and Bellers flanking. Gunnar and Mutch behind in front of the back four.

Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:26 pm

Playing way to deep i think. hes got a brilliant left foot, should be much further up where he can make his shooting and passing count. I think hes wasted so deep. Every player got a price and i would sell anyone if the deal is good for us

Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:44 pm

Peter Whittingham is an asset. With injurys and Bellamy not playing every game we need to keep him.He plays better when not so crowded.