Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: CITY CLOSING IN ON DEAL

Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:58 pm

CP76 wrote:
Merlin wrote:
CP76 wrote:Barmy if Taylor. Hes not better than Gerrard or Keinan IMO.

I think he is. He has Premier League experience, he has also been a part of promoted team from the championship. He's 6ft 4" and looks BIG! always a threat for set pieces, and obviously a tower when defending them. Gerrard has been one of the most over rated city defenders ever! Just because he's related to one of the worlds best midfielders people get carried away! ;)

Hes so slow he makes Hudson look like Usain Bolt

Really hope its not him

Some of the best CH's in the world never really had a lot of pace. Hudson has had a good season last year, and so far has had a good pre-season. Every year in my opinion he seems to get better and better, Also had a stormer against Newcastle, with some brilliantly timed tackles, reads the game very well. I'm happy with Huds and Turner with some one like Taylor and blake covering. Don't want to see Malky wasting money for the sake of it! If taylor is only reported to be on £5-7k a week at the moment and it's only a small fee, then you'd have to say that's half tidy business....

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:03 pm

I like Hudson you are preaching to the converted.

Personally think a fee and 7k a week for a 33 year old whos best years are behind him is not a good move.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:05 pm

CP76 wrote:I like Hudson you are preaching to the converted.

Personally think a fee and 7k a week for a 33 year old whos best years are behind him is not a good move.

Probably more about £5k, I agree not the most inspiring signing I prefer Keinan who is more mobile and just as good a defender IMO, wouldn't be the worst addition on a 1 year deal with option to extend maybe though, would prefer to be someone else that is younger.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:11 pm

Problem is, Malky wanted to ship Keinan out didn't he, and hes on twice what taylor would be on? Free up some budget getting a lower earner in? maybe to fund someone else coming in? ;)

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Merlin wrote:

Problem is, Malky wanted to ship Keinan out didn't he, and hes on twice what taylor would be on? Free up some budget getting a lower earner in? maybe to fund someone else coming in? ;)

Sorry mate I dont believe Keinan is on around 14k a week. No chance.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:27 pm

CP76 wrote:
Merlin wrote:

What if Taylor was on about £5k a week?

I was just using it as a figure of speech anyway, not being exact, as none of us really know what wages our players are really on.
I'm not really a fan of Keinan tbh, and what I've seen of Taylor, I think I'd prefer him. (still have to be a CHEAP deal and short term contract though, maybe a year initially?)

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Merlin wrote:
CP76 wrote:
Merlin wrote:

What if Taylor was on about £5k a week?

I was just using it as a figure of speech anyway, not being exact, as none of us really know what wages our players are really on.
I'm not really a fan of Keinan tbh, and what I've seen of Taylor, I think I'd prefer him. (still have to be a CHEAP deal and short term contract though, maybe a year initially?)

I know people say Football Manager is just a game, isn't reliable etc but it's the biggest football database there is and clearly researchers have a rough idea of wages it has Martin Taylor down at £4k p/w at Watford (might have increased with extension though) and Keinan at £8k p/w so I suppose it seems we would be getting a player on around half the wages to free up some more.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:50 pm

CP76 wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Don't forget keinan turned us down to sign for Blackpool in prem, and I believe all blackpools signings had relegation clauses

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Jonathan woodgate ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Woodgate signed for middelsborough :roll:

Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:45 pm

it was a random guess :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Leo Fortune West ;)

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Regarding taylor:

Your welcome to him.

Has been a good defender for us over the last couple of years, however missed a large part of last season through injury before struggling to regain his place from the excellent mariappa and nosworthy. he eventually regained his place when mapps got injured.

he is very tall and has a good head, but i don't think he necessarily suits our new managers style. he has also lost more than a yard or two of pace in the last couple of seasons. a useful player to have in a squad, but im surprised your not aiming higher.

of the two i would have signed nosworthy over taylor any day of the week. i expect we are happy to let him go as we will be easily able to get another CB in from granada or udinese.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:06 am

Right. We've all pretty much figured how Malky wants to play the game.

This involves having Central defenders who arent afraid to pass the ball 10 yards.

Right now, we don't.

Turner and Hudson is NOT an ideal partnership. Irrespective of whether you are a
Hudson fan or not, he is NOT a great partner for Turner. Darcy would be fantastic.
He reads the game well, his positioning is excellent, and he has pace (for a Centre back)
Sadly, his head goes up his own arse when he has the ball at his feet. Plus his attitude
will not change.

Footballing, nippy Centre-back please Malky. Height is NOT a deal-breaker. We have
Turner already

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:56 pm

What's the latest if it was 90% done the other day? :?

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:17 pm

96.5 now

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:36 pm

Damned Yank wrote:96.5 now

97.2 now sorry had to correct you, no doubt the club are in debates over payments for the next 25 years :lol:
:ayatollah:

Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:41 pm

its 99.9 % but the seeder has stoped and cant finish my download :cry:

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Buffering........ Please wait.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Always Blue wrote:What's the latest if it was 90% done the other day? :?

Are we any closer :?:

Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:35 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Always Blue wrote:What's the latest if it was 90% done the other day? :?

Are we any closer :?:

91% :D

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:38 am

I tried PM'ing Carl earlier to find out about this transfer and this is what came back.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:39 am

Natman Blue wrote:I tried PM'ing Carl earlier to find out about this transfer and this is what came back.....

Before I get banned its purely a joke!!!! lol

Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Natman Blue wrote:I tried PM'ing Carl earlier to find out about this transfer and this is what came back.....

lol, what is the latest ankles old boy?

Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Damned Yank wrote:

lol, what is the latest ankles old boy?

Ankles????

Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Leo Fortune West ;)

he is 41 years old - hope deal falls thru !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:55 pm

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:21 pm

NIBluebird wrote:

:ayatollah:

Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:19 am

Any news then on taylor/Maynard etc etc?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:16 am

So was this Connolly or is there another defender? :ayatollah: