Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Helguson leagues top scorer..?

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:27 am

what are the odds..? :ayatollah:

Re: Helguson leagues top scorer..?

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:29 am

Thought you were a Merthyr fan, Southern League Div 1 top scorer odds you want, place your bets on Ryan Prosser

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:30 am

He was 25/1 the other day :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:30 am

33/1 mate!

http://oddschecker.mobi/#_football-engl ... goalscorer

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:32 am

Although it's a very ambitious bet, Whittingham @ 100-1 seems pretty good value to me. He's done it before, why can't he do it again. I put £5 on it the other day, probably down the drain but you never know ;) :ayatollah: .

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:33 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:Thought you were a Merthyr fan, Southern League Div 1 top scorer odds you want, place your bets on Ryan Prosser

don't believe the hype ;)

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:34 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:33/1 mate!

http://oddschecker.mobi/#_football-engl ... goalscorer

that could be worth a tenner

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:41 am

No chance.And that's not me being a bitter rival.I really like Helguson and said on here months ago you should be looking to sign the likes of him and Ricardo Fuller.I really cant see him lasting a 50 plus game season though.He'll get you goals no question but he wont be finishing top scorer when there's the likes of Kevin Doyle,Mackail-Smith etc.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:43 am

i put a grand on rudy this season :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:43 am

6 bysedd wrote:No chance.And that's not me being a bitter rival.I really like Helguson and said on here months ago you should be looking to sign the likes of him and Ricardo Fuller.I really cant see him lasting a 50 plus game season though.He'll get you goals no question but he wont be finishing top scorer when there's the likes of Kevin Doyle,Mackail-Smith etc.

Mackail-Smith flopped last season, I think the same could happen with Rhodes. Rip up League 1 but flop in Championship, I haven;t got a clue who could be topscorer this season, nobody expected Rickie Lambert to tear the league apart. :?:

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:46 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:No chance.And that's not me being a bitter rival.I really like Helguson and said on here months ago you should be looking to sign the likes of him and Ricardo Fuller.I really cant see him lasting a 50 plus game season though.He'll get you goals no question but he wont be finishing top scorer when there's the likes of Kevin Doyle,Mackail-Smith etc.

Mackail-Smith flopped last season, I think the same could happen with Rhodes. Rip up League 1 but flop in Championship, I haven;t got a clue who could be topscorer this season, nobody expected Rickie Lambert to tear the league apart. :?:

There isnt a great deal of quality if you look at the oddschecker list so yeah you're right it is difficult to call.Rhodes will always score goals though,maybe not too many at the highest level but he's gonna fire in a few at Champ level.I'd still put Kevin Doyle ahead of anyone though.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:49 am

6 bysedd wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

There isnt a great deal of quality if you look at the oddschecker list so yeah you're right it is difficult to call.Rhodes will always score goals though,maybe not too many at the highest level but he's gonna fire in a few at Champ level.I'd still put Kevin Doyle ahead of anyone though.

I think he will leave if i'm honest. Maybe someone like Wigan?

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:54 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Yeah Wigan are the type of club to sign him.It's how they roll in that league.Buy him cheapish and flog him for 5 fold profit.If Moses goes then they'll have the money to spend too and by feck they need a striker.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:58 am

Kevin Doyle will be nowhere near top scorer IMO, he gives 100% everytime and always puts a good shift in but he isn't a goal scorer. Granted ne's played at Premier League level but his goal scoring record for the past few years is average at best. Ebanks-Blake will be a contender though.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:59 am

6 bysedd wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Yeah Wigan are the type of club to sign him.It's how they roll in that league.Buy him cheapish and flog him for 5 fold profit.If Moses goes then they'll have the money to spend too and by feck they need a striker.

Definitely mate.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:01 am

SeanJr wrote:Kevin Doyle will be nowhere near top scorer IMO, he gives 100% everytime and always puts a good shift in but he isn't a goal scorer. Granted ne's played at Premier League level but his goal scoring record for the past few years is average at best. Ebanks-Blake will be a contender though.

He's been top scorer in the championship before.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:07 am

6 bysedd wrote:
SeanJr wrote:Kevin Doyle will be nowhere near top scorer IMO, he gives 100% everytime and always puts a good shift in but he isn't a goal scorer. Granted ne's played at Premier League level but his goal scoring record for the past few years is average at best. Ebanks-Blake will be a contender though.

I know that, I just think his lack of goals for the past few years may have affected his confidence. The standard of the Championship has arguably improved since his time at Reading.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:10 am

SeanJr wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:

I know that, I just think his lack of goals for the past few years may have affected his confidence. The standard of the Championship has arguably improved since his time at Reading.

Sinclair banged in 27 goals the year we went up and then scored 4 in the PL last season.The difference is huge fella.Doyle will be on fire and will love it down there.Just my opinion of course.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:18 am

6 bysedd wrote:
SeanJr wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:

Sinclair banged in 27 goals the year we went up and then scored 4 in the PL last season.The difference is huge fella.Doyle will be on fire and will love it down there.Just my opinion of course.

He's a very good player, I've got no doubts about that. I would certainly have him here! I've just got a feeling that his confidence maybe shattered after his disastrous couple of seasons. Also looks as though Wolves are loosing alot of their creative players. Kightly has gone, Jarvis will almost certainly leave and Hammill looks surplus to requirements there.

It's all about the start of the season for goal scorers, if he or anybody else can get off to a good start then their confidence will be sky high and they'll have a good platform to kick on. Hopefully it'll be Mason, Helgusson, Velikonja, Bellamy or whoever leads the line here that will get the golden boot. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:18 am

Mackail Smith done balls all last year mate dont think he will be in the running

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:21 am

BOWMAN wrote:

Mackail Smith done balls all last year mate dont think he will be in the running

Good player though and a natural finisher.I wouldn't bet against him should he gain a bit of confidence.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:24 am

6 bysedd wrote:
BOWMAN wrote:

Good player though and a natural finisher.I wouldn't bet against him should he gain a bit of confidence.

Leeds are close to signing him I think, unless it was pending on their takeover. Wouldn't suprise me if Warnock get's the most the most out of him.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:27 am

SeanJr wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:
BOWMAN wrote:

Leeds are close to signing him I think, unless it was pending on their takeover. Wouldn't suprise me if Warnock get's the most the most out of him.

He's a cracking player pal.I agree if he went to Leeds he'll score more too under Warnock.He'll have to oust McCormack first though,unless they play 2 up top.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:33 pm

I must say that my bet is going well :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Angry Man wrote:I must say that my bet is going well :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:12 pm

Who is currently top scorer, anyway?

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Who is currently top scorer, anyway?

you are joking ? :lol:

charlie"look at me i score goals for fun"Austin

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:17 pm

samdm94 wrote:

Sorry, I went blank and was too lazy to look who it was :lol:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
samdm94 wrote:

Sorry, I went blank and was too lazy to look who it was :lol:

its ok, dont let it happen again ;) :lol:

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:26 pm

Angry Man wrote:I must say that my bet is going well :ayatollah:

Hell of a call brownie. Slow and steady for helgo