Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky `Welcomes` striking options

Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:49 am

Malky Mackay believes new striker Heidar Helguson will help his squad by putting pressure on the other forwards at the club.
Iceland international Helguson, who signed a one-year deal with the Bluebirds on Thursday, is one of five strikers at Cardiff City Stadium.
He joins Joe Mason, Robert Earnshaw, Rudy Gestede and fellow new signing Etien Velikonja.
"We need to have competition for places," said Mackay.
"You need the players to be on their toes because they know someone is ready to come in and take their place."

More on Link : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19119971

Re: Malky `Welcomes` striking options

Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:39 am

JD Bluebird 4 life ! wrote:Malky Mackay believes new striker Heidar Helguson will help his squad by putting pressure on the other forwards at the club.
Iceland international Helguson, who signed a one-year deal with the Bluebirds on Thursday, is one of five strikers at Cardiff City Stadium.
He joins Joe Mason, Robert Earnshaw, Rudy Gestede and fellow new signing Etien Velikonja.
"We need to have competition for places," said Mackay.
"You need the players to be on their toes because they know someone is ready to come in and take their place."

More on Link : http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19119971

He wo'nt need to put pressure on anyone, because he should be first choice, anyway. Fancy him and Mason to do the job for us. If Earnie and Sicknote get near the team, i'd be gutted.

Re: Malky `Welcomes` striking options

Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Glad to see someone who really rates Mason I thought no he is a class player but other people dont
For me maybe a line up like this

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~marshall~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Super kev~~~~~~turner~~~~~~~~~hudson~~~~taylor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~gunnarsson~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~mutch~~~~~~~~~whitts~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~kim bo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~helgusson~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~mason or etien~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~