Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Weakest position in our team?????

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:Good points about Bellamy, SeanJr. As for wingers, we should never have let Burkie go.

We couldn't stop him, as he run his contract down! :) :ayatollah:

To be fair to the club though I do seem to remember reading a thread by Carl or Annis which said he was trying to command a wage which the club couldn't come close too. His last season at the club as well wasn't exactly the greatest, DJ managed him poorly though playing JET ahead of him and only bringing him on when the crowd sang 'he plays on the left...'. A victim of poor management and shatted confidence in the end.

Would love him back though, at the time though I didn't think that though.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:Good points about Bellamy, SeanJr. As for wingers, we should never have let Burkie go.

Why are you so gleeful about it then? :?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Why are you so gleeful about it then? :?

I was smiling because loads of our fans have said that we shouldn't have let him go, the same as some others have said we shouldn't have let Jay Bothroyd go, when the truth of the matter is that we couldn't have stopped them, as they chose to run their contracts down!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:14 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Two fullbacks for me, and a top draw Striker and watch us fly !!!!!!

McNaughton was poor last year and Taylor was not much better surely Malky can see that ???

:lol:

McNaughton is the best full-back in the division!

Everyone's obsessed with getting the perfect modern full-back these days, like Maicon, that can attack better than the winger but can't defend to save their life.

We should count ourselves lucky we have a full-back that gives 100% and never EVER gets beaten/taken on down his side. I can count the number of goals that have come down McNaughton's side since he's been at the club on one hand probably.

:shock: Loads from his side last season, You obviously didn't go much :o

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:30 pm

RB for me

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:40 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Bluebina wrote:Two fullbacks for me, and a top draw Striker and watch us fly !!!!!!

McNaughton was poor last year and Taylor was not much better surely Malky can see that ???

You sure? :?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:46 pm

BOWMAN wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

Everyone's obsessed with getting the perfect modern full-back these days, like Maicon, that can attack better than the winger but can't defend to save their life.

We should count ourselves lucky we have a full-back that gives 100% and never EVER gets beaten/taken on down his side. I can count the number of goals that have come down McNaughton's side since he's been at the club on one hand probably.

:shock: Loads from his side last season, You obviously didn't go much :o

Went to every game actually, i'm not an armchair fan.

And i know for a fact that hardly any goals came from down McNaughton's side.