Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky said three more signings

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:27 pm

If Smith comes (which I hope he doesn't) that means Helguson and Smith take two of those places. We definitely need at least one defender so does that mean no Bellamy and no Maynard (or mystery striker)? Would rather have Bellamy or Maynard than Smith tbh :ayatollah:

Re: Malky said three more signings

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:31 pm

moonboots wrote:If Smith comes (which I hope he doesn't) that means Helguson and Smith take two of those places. We definitely need at least one defender so does that mean no Bellamy and no Maynard (or mystery striker)? Would rather have Bellamy or Maynard than Smith tbh :ayatollah:

He didn't mention loans ;)

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Well Steve barley said 2 or 3 more signings and that was last night,tommy smith,Bellamy,and a defender?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:43 pm

I'd absolutely love it if it was Bellamy, Maynard & Kelly! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Always Blue wrote:Well Steve barley said 2 or 3 more signings and that was last night,tommy smith,Bellamy,and a defender?

Malky said three more a few days ago. And since then we signed Helguson, leaving two more. If we sign Smith that leaves one more. We definitely need a defender (or two IMHO) so where does that leave us regarding Bellamy and Maynard? That's all I was pointing out. But as someone has said we could do the defender on loan. But even if we do...Helguson, Smith, Bellamy and Maynard = 4. I just hope that Smith is not at the expense of Bellamy or Maynard (or whoever else the mystery striker is supposed to be). :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:36 pm

moonboots wrote:
Always Blue wrote:Well Steve barley said 2 or 3 more signings and that was last night,tommy smith,Bellamy,and a defender?

Malky said three more a few days ago. And since then we signed Helguson, leaving two more. If we sign Smith that leaves one more. We definitely need a defender (or two IMHO) so where does that leave us regarding Bellamy and Maynard? That's all I was pointing out. But as someone has said we could do the defender on loan. But even if we do...Helguson, Smith, Bellamy and Maynard = 4. I just hope that Smith is not at the expense of Bellamy or Maynard (or whoever else the mystery striker is supposed to be). :ayatollah:

Maybe he knows the Bellamy and Helgson deals were already agreed so didn't count them

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:54 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
moonboots wrote:

Maybe he knows the Bellamy and Helgson deals were already agreed so didn't count them

I like that answer. Hope it's true. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:56 pm

I think it will also depend on getting rid of a few.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:17 pm

maynard wont be coming here i dont think :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Maybe Smith is just a loan