Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

". NOTHING HAS CHANGED. "

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Yet again, here I am explaining my stance and position of the rebranding.

I am supportive of Vincent Tan and his £100million investment, we are seeing the signs of the rebranding by the players Malky is bringing in, I am not anti-Malaysian or anti-Vincent Tan.

I urged fans to back off 2 months ago and for many the message was loud and clear enough to calm many people down, Vincent Tan is the best thing for this football club, there is no other person who is willing to stump this kind of money into our club.

I want the best players a championship side can buy at Cardiff City, I want the bigger stadium, I want our club own it's training ground and I want our club to be debt free.

What I hate is when people twist my words like saying I called Vincent Tan a liar, I never did.

Plenty have seen what I wrote and it is still on this board right now for everyone to see, but don't let people twist my words for their own agenda.

On the subject of Langston, I have remained consistent also, I want the club to settle the debt as soon as possible, not for Sam Hammam's benefit but for the reason Vincent Tan will turn his debt to equity, for me that is the jackpot moment for our club. I know for a fact how close the two sides were to agreeing regarding the amount of money and how it was to be paid and it just seemed illogical and frustrating to me that the deal wasn't concluded for the benefit of the club.

Yes I admit I want Sam Hammam to be honoured and I will remain of that belief, I am not the only one who hopes that history is kind to Sam, there are people at the club who believe it is right and I can say with confidence that Gwyn and Annis are of the same view.

There has been mention of me having a photo in front of a flag 'against modern football' on Saturday but again have I not always stated on here and in my Echo column that I will lobby to turn the kit back blue?

My viewpoint has not changed at all, it is the same today as it was on May 10th.

I want the best possible outcome for the football club, so hopefully we will never face darker days.

:ayatollah:

Re: ". NOTHING HAS CHANGED. "

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:02 pm

so why did the deal stall? Vt has the 10 million, sam may aswell take it, is the story he upped it true? and therefore its up in the air again. at this rate he will nver get anything, hecant take us to court can he, he's unsecured. he wont get anything.
also, how old is he?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:05 pm

carlccfc wrote:Yet again, here I am explaining my stance and position of the rebranding.

I am supportive of Vincent Tan and his £100million investment, we are seeing the signs of the rebranding by the players Malky is bringing in, I am not anti-Malaysian or anti-Vincent Tan.

I urged fans to back off 2 months ago and for many the message was loud and clear enough to calm many people down, Vincent Tan is the best thing for this football club, there is no other person who is willing to stump this kind of money into our club.

I want the best players a championship side can buy at Cardiff City, I want the bigger stadium, I want our club own it's training ground and I want our club to be debt free.

What I hate is when people twist my words like saying I called Vincent Tan a liar, I never did.

Plenty have seen what I wrote and it is still on this board right now for everyone to see, but don't let people twist my words for their own agenda.

On the subject of Langston, I have remained consistent also, I want the club to settle the debt as soon as possible, not for Sam Hammam's benefit but for the reason Vincent Tan will turn his debt to equity, for me that is the jackpot moment for our club. I know for a fact how close the two sides were to agreeing regarding the amount of money and how it was to be paid and it just seemed illogical and frustrating to me that the deal wasn't concluded for the benefit of the club.

Yes I admit I want Sam Hammam to be honoured and I will remain of that belief, I am not the only one who hopes that history is kind to Sam, there are people at the club who believe it is right and I can say with confidence that Gwyn and Annis are of the same view.

There has been mention of me having a photo in front of a flag 'against modern football' on Saturday but again have I not always stated on here and in my Echo column that I will lobby to turn the kit back blue?

My viewpoint has not changed at all, it is the same today as it was on May 10th.

I want the best possible outcome for the football club, so hopefully we will never face darker days.

Carl you shouldn't have to justify your views or standing. We all have our own opinion on the whats happened at the club over the last few months, it shows we all care. In some ways your doing the worst thing by feeding those who want to knock you, its time to stop all the bickering and petty cheap shots at one another! The season isn't long away, we all need to accept what has happened and get on with it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 pm

well said 'ankles' :D

sorry couldnt resist ;)

carlccfc wrote:Yet again, here I am explaining my stance and position of the rebranding.

If you want to take on the role of some sort of fan's-leader, spokesman or just generally ITK, then you're going to be asked to repeat yourself over and over. Whether it's right or wrong is open to debate, but you're the one who has put yourself on that platform.

bluebirdbaz wrote:well said 'ankles' :D

sorry couldnt resist ;)

Lol :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:16 pm

goats wrote:so why did the deal stall? Vt has the 10 million, sam may aswell take it, is the story he upped it true? and therefore its up in the air again. at this rate he will nver get anything, hecant take us to court can he, he's unsecured. he wont get anything.
also, how old is he?

No the rumour is not true.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:25 pm

goats wrote:so why did the deal stall? Vt has the 10 million, sam may aswell take it, is the story he upped it true? and therefore its up in the air again. at this rate he will nver get anything, hecant take us to court can he, he's unsecured. he wont get anything.
also, how old is he?

hes 64, thought he was older than that :D :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:25 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:well said 'ankles' :D

sorry couldnt resist ;)

Can someone explain the ankles thing :lol:

I have a good idea and I think it involves another person :lol:

Think we should make it a sticky then :D

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Pretty much my view and it is a view that is not hard to understand if you really want to.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:35 pm

In fairness carl i think the majority of posters on here know you want whats best for the club but your posts of late have been in favour of sam/sams view of things, its all good saying the malaysians should of paid (i think they should have) but we do not know VT's side of things, lets not forget either VT did not set the deadline sam did (as im aware) so why is he setting deadlines? We have not paid him so is he going to take us to court? If he is not what was the point of the deadline? For the bennefit of the club? So what now the deadline has passed? Whats sams next move? Its just all a mess, and on the point of you having to defend yourself again its uncalled for but its to be expected when tempers are high with the news of the deal being off! I think a lot of the anger came from "ill tell all when i return" so that gave people the mentality of why are you better than us and we have to wait? At the end of the day we do not know both sides of the story only what you and annis are saying and im pretty confident in saying that its coming from sam?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:41 pm

To be fair to you I think your view has been both clear and consistent throughout.

You say that the parties were extremely close to finalising an amount and a payment structure but it never happened.

Now it would appear that the deal seems a long way off.

It's an obvious question - why did they not reach an agreement?

I'm not interested in who's to blame.

I'd just like to know exactly why the deal did not go ahead.

Carl or anyone else - can you clarify?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:51 pm

I seen the thread about what you said and within 60seconds you got raped for calling vt a liar when clearly these people was not readinG what was put only taking your words for there own agenda and wording it diffrently, even SB done it on twatter AGAIN :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Carl, don't know you other than from your posts here and echo articles but from that alone I know how important City are for you. Problem is there is a power battle at the city and because of the emotional nature of a football club the politics are amplified.

Because of your high profile fan status you are guaranteed to be caught up in the politics and can expect flak from all sides.

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying away from all the Sam vs. Tan shite that I am gratefull for all the insight you have given us OVER A LONG TIME and don't let the shit your getting now get to you.

Just seems a long time since anyone actually thanked you for everything so cheers mate

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:07 pm

What is certain here, is that we all want our club to be Debt Free and in the Premier League as soon as possible. Come on Sam and VT lets get this settled. The fans have waited long enough now!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Simply, if VT has no plans to pay Langston like some say he hasn't then VT would be a liar, we have been promised a debt free club and Langston will be paid off, VT knew the debts of the club when he became involved and he certainly knows what he got to do to carry out his promises of 'his vision'.

your words above carl easy to mis understand what you are saying ,would like to know who is saying at club level that vt wont pay him anything ? or does sam think this?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:22 pm

May i ask why ? I know your friendly with him, but he stripped the club and nearly liquidised us ! As far as im concerned he would not be welcome anywhere near the stadium

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Double G wrote:

May i ask why ? I know your friendly with him, but he stripped the club and nearly liquidised us ! As far as im concerned he would not be welcome anywhere near the stadium

gar i think hammam thought he would come back to the club but when vt got involved that was the end of that

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:31 pm

We were never promised a debt free club! As it's impossible.....

What we were promised was the debt to equity conversion after the conclusion of the langston saga, that was my understanding...

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Merlin wrote:We were never promised a debt free club! As it's impossible.....

What we were promised was the debt to equity conversion after the conclusion of the langston saga, that was my understanding...

tbh most business s are in debt, its how you service those debts that counts man utd 500 million in debt but make massive profits every year ,does it really matter if we are in debt ??

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:47 pm

Sorry Carl you can spin as much as you like but your posts of late have had a very anti malaysian feel to them.

As you said yourself it was only 2 months ago you were asking for calm and now two months later you are starting threads insinuating VT is going to be a liar if he doesnt pay Sam. Its only been two months where is the patience you were asking of everyone back then?

Insinuating youve got a big story to tell when you come back and arguing with Borley isnt the same Calm Carl Curtis from 2 months ago.

Its fanning the flames not calming things down.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:45 pm

wez 1927 wrote:

tbh most business s are in debt, its how you service those debts that counts man utd 500 million in debt but make massive profits every year ,does it really matter if we are in debt ??

That is a very good point, but we operate at a loss so in the long run it can't continue.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:48 pm

bluecityblue wrote:
wez 1927 wrote:

That is a very good point, but we operate at a loss so in the long run it can't continue.

Nope spot on. Which is why we need this Saga sorted sooner rather than later if not this season then we MUST push hard for promotion.

I have every faith in Malky Mackay for the coming season! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:42 pm

looking back, what VT should have said was I fancy changing the colour we play in, if i pay off all our debts, buy good players and get us promoted, debt free in the prem would the fans accept it? Most probably would have said ok.....being in red in our current league where we arent shown on sky much seems a tad pointless but hey i aint no billioniare so maybe i no shitall.
:lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Once again Carl has shown how much of a Plonker he is with this post. He spouts as much crap as Don King - only a poor man's version.

Again, I am ashamed to be from the same town as him.....I can only plead with other Bluebird supporters that not all CCFC supporters in Neath are as big a phallus as this plonker is.

Someone "bury him"!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:55 pm

As the saying goes "remember to read between the lines"

Good point.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:11 pm

taffyapple wrote:Simply, if VT has no plans to pay Langston like some say he hasn't then VT would be a liar, we have been promised a debt free club and Langston will be paid off, VT knew the debts of the club when he became involved and he certainly knows what he got to do to carry out his promises of 'his vision'.

I'm glad you've clarified this Carl. cos with the best will in the world this READS
like your calling him a liar by proxy. Then tying it immediately to paying off
Sam in the very next sentence.

The 'his vision' bit in italics could also be misunderstood. Again it looks laced
with sarcasm.

still, cleared up now!

Thank god for Vincent Tan!!

(apart from the rebranding)

with a bit of common sense he could have replaced vt would be a liar with tan would have misled us which would have nipped the controversy in the bud
poor use of words im afraid

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:14 pm

taffyapple wrote:Simply, if VT has no plans to pay Langston like some say he hasn't then VT would be a liar, we have been promised a debt free club and Langston will be paid off, VT knew the debts of the club when he became involved and he certainly knows what he got to do to carry out his promises of 'his vision'.

I'm glad you've clarified this Carl. cos with the best will in the world this READS

The 'his vision' bit in italics could also be misunderstood. Again it looks laced
with sarcasm.

still, cleared up now!

In all honesty using the word 'liar' in whatever context about Vincent Tan was a bit of a mistake.

That said one of us are perfect not even Carl ;) but I'm sure he has noted his error.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:17 pm

steve davies wrote:

with sarcasm.

still, cleared up now!

with a bit of common sense he could have replaced vt would be a liar with tan would have misled us which would have nipped the controversy in the bud

Basically you are correct Steve, Carl used a poor discriptive word. I agree the word Misled would have been a much better way of putting it, but as said we all make mistakes and Carl is no different.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
steve davies wrote:

with sarcasm.

still, cleared up now!

Basically you are correct Steve, Carl used a poor discriptive word. I agree the word Misled would have been a much better way of putting it, but as said we all make mistakes and Carl is no different.

tony
an hour on the naughty step without any lager should be the punishment :lol: