Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Safe Standing

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:36 pm

To improve atsmosphere at the stadium, the club could maybe consider the Safe Standing in the Canton End as people only sit down at half time , this uses the option to sit or stand, it has a seat but then bar for leaning on.
Peterborough are considering it after it has been trialed in Germany. Thoughts ? ]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19095689

Re: Safe Standing

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:41 pm

dont they already have safe standing in the canton end? just without the bar to lean on...

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:41 pm

It'll be interesting to see how far Peterborough get with this. My season ticket at the Liberty is in a mainly standing area, there were a few issues with stewarding in the past but it just seems to be accepted now. I think times have moved on since the Hillsborough tragedy and this will be the way forward.

Personally, I find it far more dangerous to have a seat in front of me at the perfect tripping over height, especially after a few pre match :occasion5:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:41 pm

scotsjack wrote:It'll be interesting to see how far Peterborough get with this. My season ticket at the Liberty is in a mainly standing area, there were a few issues with stewarding in the past but it just seems to be accepted now. I think times have moved on since the Hillsborough tragedy and this will be the way forward.

Personally, I find it far more dangerous to have a seat in front of me at the perfect tripping over height, especially after a few pre match :occasion5:

Got to agree with that, nearly gone arse over tit in the canton and various away games loads of times

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Seating is more dangerous than standing imo because if a 20 stoner falls from the top and I'm sat down then there is less chance of me moving thus i will get crushed whereas if I'm standing i can do a military roll and avoid getting bulldozed. Anyone advocating sitting down at football is daft. Standing is also better for ones health and does not hurt the arse bones. :old:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
scotsjack wrote:It'll be interesting to see how far Peterborough get with this. My season ticket at the Liberty is in a mainly standing area, there were a few issues with stewarding in the past but it just seems to be accepted now. I think times have moved on since the Hillsborough tragedy and this will be the way forward.

Got to agree with that, nearly gone arse over tit in the canton and various away games loads of times

I did in the Canton last season. Twice! Once against Pompey when Conway scored the last minute winner. And again a few days later against Palace in the cup after a few under age cans :oops: Luckily the people in front of me hadn't arrived yet or they would have had a pissed up teenager on top of them :lol: