Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why are people getting their knickers....

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:01 pm

in a twist because theyve put the new badge up on the stadium?

Firstly, Carl already confirmed it was going to be the case. Yet still people have gone ballistic when they changed it this week.

Secondly, you dont even have to look at it on the way in and Ninian Park the letters were falling off FFS. In the grand scheme of things of a football team does the decoration of the OUTSIDE of the stadium really mean anything?

The badge is a monstrosity theres not getting away from that but the worst part is surely going to be seeing the lads run out at home in red. I still dont know how I am going to feel, it will be probably be surreal and take a while getting used to but I hope we dont get the same over reaction to something we know is going to happen.

The last thing Malky and the lads are going to need is people throwing a hissyfit when they run out. I certainly hope there is no booing.

SUPPORT THE BOYS!!!!! :old:

Re: Why are people getting their knickers....

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:07 pm

I'm personally not that bothered as it was to be expected.

However for some it can probably be compared to being told you're about to be kicked in the goolies then actually being kicked.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:08 pm

:lol:

I think posters think this is all a lie, just a game, and we aren't really going to run out on the Friday night LIVE on sky tv with a fudging red kit on!!!! :lol:

WE ARE! and THEY WILL have hissy fits! Nothing happens in advance either! Only at the time of event! Good for the fourm debate I suppose, keeps things busy for a few months yet! :ayatollah: :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:20 pm

CP76 wrote:in a twist because theyve put the new badge up on the stadium?

Firstly, Carl already confirmed it was going to be the case. Yet still people have gone ballistic when they changed it this week.

Secondly, you dont even have to look at it on the way in and Ninian Park the letters were falling off FFS. In the grand scheme of things of a football team does the decoration of the OUTSIDE of the stadium really mean anything?

The badge is a monstrosity theres not getting away from that but the worst part is surely going to be seeing the lads run out at home in red. I still dont know how I am going to feel, it will be probably be surreal and take a while getting used to but I hope we dont get the same over reaction to something we know is going to happen.

The last thing Malky and the lads are going to need is people throwing a hissyfit when they run out. I certainly hope there is no booing.

SUPPORT THE BOYS!!!!! :old:

If anyone near me starts to boo the team i will sink one in to there and i couldnt give a f**k who they are even take the beating off that person if must, if this shit feeling gets to the team which is NOT there fault at all then we might as well give up the season after the 1st game because we have seen this sort crap before spread on to the pitch under DJ with the negative fans in the stands, if there is lots of booing through out the game i will walk out as whats the point in watching when we all know they players will be thinking wtf have we done wrong :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:04 pm

Merlin wrote::lol:

I think posters think this is all a lie, just a game, and we aren't really going to run out on the Friday night LIVE on sky tv with a fudging red kit on!!!! :lol:

WE ARE! and THEY WILL have hissy fits! Nothing happens in advance either! Only at the time of event! Good for the fourm debate I suppose, keeps things busy for a few months yet! :ayatollah: :lol:

100% going to be people moaning against Huddersfield. I might stay in the pub and watch it as our fans wind me up the best of times and I can see there being problems that night.

And 77's your right. I said it time and time again the negativity against just played a big part in us not getting promotion in 2010/11. Norwice got behind their team, our morons booed us off against Ipswich after having 30 shots on goal.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:51 pm

Any boo-boys should be kicked out; or better still stay at home in my opinion.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Welshcake wrote:I'm personally not that bothered as it was to be expected.

However for some it can probably be compared to being told you're about to be kicked in the goolies then actually being kicked.

Same here - more pissed off by the Cardiff Blues badge that was still up yesterday...

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:06 pm

CP76 wrote:
Merlin wrote::lol:

100% going to be people moaning against Huddersfield. I might stay in the pub and watch it as our fans wind me up the best of times and I can see there being problems that night.

And 77's your right. I said it time and time again the negativity against just played a big part in us not getting promotion in 2010/11. Norwice got behind their team, our morons booed us off against Ipswich after having 30 shots on goal.

Agreed i get it that some fans feel the need to boo if we are 3-0 down and playing like a confrence team i get all that from some people it happens but thats the players fault then on the day. This is totally diffrent this is something we have all had to suck up and go with and i know for a fact rob and darcy think this whole new colour/badge is a joke but they will be giving there all come whistle time if there playing that is and i see no reason why anybody would want to boo the team due to a shirt some guy 5000miles away liked the colour of when the players could do nothing about it or us fans. So lets hope its not spilled on to the pitch or it will go tits up to start with :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Hate the badge it really is crap and i think we almost all agree with that but it's not what goes on outside the stadium that matters.

What does matter is what happens inside the stadium and it doesn't matter if you are Red, Blue or indifferent we all have to get behind the team and remember we are still ALL 100% CARDIFF CITY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: