Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VT has definitely delivered IMO

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:32 am

"Going forward, Cardiff City is expecting a cash injection in the amount of £35 million to meet its financial obligations for the period from now until May 2013, including a substantial amount for squad strengthening within budgets."

He has delivered on the squad strengthening as he promised in his original statement. We now have a squad that can compete at the highest level in this league with more signing(s) to come. Anyone disagree with this? :ayatollah:

Re: VT has definitely delivered IMO

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:35 am

One or two more good players in and I'll agree that we can contend for autos :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:35 am

Raiderbankk wrote:"Going forward, Cardiff City is expecting a cash injection in the amount of £35 million to meet its financial obligations for the period from now until May 2013, including a substantial amount for squad strengthening within budgets."

He has delivered on the squad strengthening as he promised in his original statement. We now have a squad that can compete at the highest level in this league with more signing(s) to come. Anyone disagree with this? :ayatollah:

Totally agree :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:06 pm

i agree a few more now a defender and bellammy and tommy smith im more than happy with the squad expecially when gerrard and keinan go aswell and maybe earnie

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:10 pm

agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
vt barmy army

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:14 pm

Raiderbankk wrote:"Going forward, Cardiff City is expecting a cash injection in the amount of £35 million to meet its financial obligations for the period from now until May 2013, including a substantial amount for squad strengthening within budgets."

Sorry but for me he hasn't delivered the most important part, and thats settling Langston and converting debt to equity!

Until then - the £35m cash injection will be as loans from them, with what? 7% interest on top?
when our supposed "GOD" has carried out the above, I will say "Fair Play, This chap has delivered!!" :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Merlin wrote:

Sorry but for me he hasn't delivered the most important part, and thats settling Langston and converting debt to equity!

Until then - the £35m cash injection will be as loans from them, with what? 7% interest on top?
when our supposed "GOD" has carried out the above, I will say "Fair Play, This chap has delivered!!" :ayatollah:

Merlin, there was nothing in the OP regarding delivering on the Langston debt, the original poster asked the question if we thought VT had delivered so far on the squad strengthening. Something I'm sure we can all agree on?? :?

If the question was about langston, then my initial response would have been different. What we have to remember though, is that none of us knows what is going on with Langston really apart from VT and Langston's representatives. A deal may have been struck, a deal may not have been struck. What I am 100% sure of, is that VT is a very clever and shrewd businessman and for people on a forum to be questioning his business accument and his decisions regarding Langston is beyond ridiculous, it's downright stupid. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:29 pm

droopy wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Merlin, there was nothing in the OP regarding delivering on the Langston debt, the original poster asked the question if we thought VT had delivered so far on the squad strengthening. Something I'm sure we can all agree on?? :?

If the question was about langston, then my initial response would have been different. What we have to remember though, is that none of us knows what is going on with Langston really apart from VT and Langston's representatives. A deal may have been struck, a deal may not have been struck. What I am 100% sure of, is that VT is a very clever and shrewd businessman and for people on a forum to be questioning his business accument and his decisions regarding Langston is beyond ridiculous, it's downright stupid. :ayatollah:

Correct. I was just talking about squad strengthening and I agree that the Langston issue is something VT will handle in his own way. There is just far too much going on behind the scenes on that deal about which I have no knowledge.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Yes totally agree - will everyone on this board agree to this ??? Will be interesting :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:32 pm

Merlin wrote:

merlin

he cant pay sam/langston until there is an agreement between both parties. i posted a link the other night where there is a quote from sam saying he would accept 10 million by end of july.
with out going down the lines of who said what for some reason they are now poles apart from agreement.
this is not stopping tan investing as we are obviously buying players paying wages etc. I see the comment about interest at 7% which is the same as any other director has charged for lending money to the club.
he cannot be seen to be loaning money to the club for nothing langston certainly never have. Tan has never claimed any of that interest and they dont charge the club consultancy fee's etc for running the club. He has also stated that when he changes the debt to equity any interest charges would be amongst the conversion.
as much as i dont understand the rebrand my memory takes me back to may 2010 and the HMRC trying to liquidate the club which would have happened without the letter from tan promising the 6 million investment that month. For that reason alone he will have my backing for the rest of this season.
remember without that 6 million we would have no football club and no forums to bicker at each other on. :D

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:35 pm

I have total faith in VT, what else can we do? I believe the squad strengthening has proved his committment, I also believe that should CB39 sign after the olympics on a deal that will surely be financed out of VT's pocket then you have to start thinking that some form of deal with Langstone is in the offing. A business man of VT's calibre does not throw this sort of money at something that is not 100% in his control.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:16 pm

What a load of f*cking plastic.

The dirty reds have taken over the asylum since iv'e been away.

:old: :old:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:19 pm

I'm not a plastic and I'm not a pro red but I do believe VT is deliverING. Lets be fair, he gave Malky £13 million for transfers, and he's trying to clear the debt. Good work VT

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Yes, we still need more depth in the squad. All we've done is replace those who left although with better quality which has to be praised. A few more players and then that part has been delivered.