Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Somebody please explain Pro..........

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:20 am

Whats with the same old saying PRO RED, PRO BLUE because as i see it we are all the same and wanting the same thing are we not. These sayings odd when you think about it and make so sence. :?

Pro blue - This means you want blue back, but weill not buy anything red ect ect but dont we all want blue back so that would make the pro red pro blue can we do anything about it this season nope. :?

Pro red - is there such thing or do these people not want blue back are these people deemd pro red because they have no choice in red along with everyone else, so that would make the pro red pro blue :?

Comments please (no gay ones thanks)
:ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Somebody please explain Pro..........

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:23 am

bluebird1977 wrote:Whats with the same old saying PRO RED, PRO BLUE because as i see it we are all the same and wanting the same thing are we not. These sayings odd when you think about it and make so sence. :?

Pro blue - This means you want blue back, but dont we all not want blue back so that would make the pro red pro blue can we do anything about it this season nope. :?

Pro red - is there such thing or do these people not want blue back are these people deemd pro red because they have no choice in red along with everyone else, so that would make the pro red pro blue :?

I love you. Whoops!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:24 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Whats with the same old saying PRO RED, PRO BLUE because as i see it we are all the same and wanting the same thing are we not. These sayings odd when you think about it and make so sence. :?

Pro blue - This means you want blue back, but dont we all not want blue back so that would make the pro red pro blue can we do anything about it this season nope. :?

I love you. Whoops!

:oops:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:26 am

Pro blue - This means you want blue back, but weill not buy anything red ect ect but dont we all want blue back so that would make the pro red pro blue can we do anything about it this season nope. :?

ian pro is a shortened version of prostitue of which i suspect you know is a lady of the night ;)

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:26 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

I love you. Whoops!

:oops:

Don't fight it.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:28 am

There are some like Angry Man who legit want Cardiff to fail this season.

But most will put this (partly) to the side when Cardiff play because we want to win and get promotion.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:29 am

Anyway, I agree with your sentiments. I'm really disappointed with all the animosity there's been between some of our fans and I'm hoping the wounds will heal and we can all go back to doing what we do best, supporting CCFC with a passion that sets us apart from so many other clubs.

:thumbup:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:30 am

Pro-red: supportive of the Malaysian investment and consequently willing to buy into the rebrand and accept it.

Pro-blue; not so much.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:31 am

OhhhGa wrote:Pro-red: supportive of the Malaysian investment and consequently willing to buy into the rebrand and accept it.

Pro-blue; not so much.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:31 am

steve davies wrote:

ian pro is a shortened version of prostitue of which i suspect you know is a lady of the night ;)

:lol: Steve but even if it was the blue camp or the red camp as people say its the same thing we all want the same thing where the f**k have these PRO BLUE PRO RED names come from like as if city fans are going to run about changing everything blue to red, painting there houses red, change the car red, even dye the missis bush ffs i mean wheres this silly saying come from. i want us to remaing blue but theres f**k all i can do about it bar not buy anything red this season so i have to roll with it. Whats does this make me steve pro blue or pro red even though both sides dont like whats happened, thats my point :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:33 am

OhhhGa wrote:Pro-red: supportive of the Malaysian investment and consequently willing to buy into the rebrand and accept it.

Pro-blue; not so much.

The shortened version! :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:34 am

Pro-blue; not so much.

Thats just it, as a claimed (pro blue) does this mean i do not want investment, when clearly we all do :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:35 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
steve davies wrote:

:lol: Steve but even if it was the blue camp or the red camp as people say its the same thing we all want the same thing where the f**k have these PRO BLUE PRO RED names come from like as if city fans are going to run about changing everything blue to red, painting there houses red, change the car red, even dye the missis bush ffs i mean wheres this silly saying come from. i want us to remaing blue but theres f**k all i can do about it bar not buy anything red this season so i have to roll with it. Whats does this make me steve pro blue or pro red even though both sides dont like whats happened, thats my point :ayatollah:

That's the kind of conversation that's been doing the rounds lately, including at Forest Green last week. Once the season starts, we'll focus on supporting the team, hopefully.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:37 am

Have you had an accident at work that wasnt your fault?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:38 am

bluebird1977 wrote:

Pro-blue; not so much.

Thats just it, as a claimed (pro blue) does this mean i do not want investment, when clearly we all do :ayatollah:

You just want everything for nothing ;)

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:39 am

Pro-Reds - Those happy with the change. I dont believe there are many but there are some. Kidsor johnny come latelys who dont understand the tradition.

Reluctant Reds - Those willing to accept the changes for the benefit of the football club.

Pro-Blues - Those still going to the game but wont accept the changes.

Anti-reds - Those who seem determined to undermime this football club and VT at every opportunity.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:40 am

OhhhGa wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Pro-blue; not so much.

Why can't we? I think we deserve it. We've been good, just ask Santa, he'll tell you.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:41 am

RFMH wrote:There are some like Angry Man who legit want Cardiff to fail this season.

FACT !!!!!!

Hes not proper City though so does he count? Does he warrant a label?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:44 am

Nedd Glas wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Pro-blue; not so much.

Why can't we? I think we deserve it. We've been good, just ask Santa, he'll tell you.

£100 million, a sexy new kit and a truly innovative and cutting-edge badge. City fans have certainly behaved well, we're renowned for it you know!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:06 pm

moz-dublin wrote:Have you had an accident at work that wasnt your fault?

Welcome to the foe list.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:12 pm

CP76 wrote:Pro-Reds - Those happy with the change. I dont believe there are many but there are some. Kidsor johnny come latelys who dont understand the tradition.
Agreed i dont think theres any tbh i mean who would have said this time in 12months time last season we would be red and who would have said yea ill go with that

Reluctant Reds - Those willing to accept the changes for the benefit of the football club.
But nobodys had a choice in it so everyone has to accept the changes

again they have no choice but will not buy anything red but i know lots of people who are not buying anything that are classed as pro red

Anti-reds - Those who seem determined to undermime this football club and VT at every opportunity.
Who are these people, the ones who want to chuck flairs and wave banners with malaysians out on or is this a name thats been made up on here

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:33 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Pro-blue; not so much.

What do you class as everything for nothing :?:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:37 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Pro-blue; not so much.

I have no idea it was just a poor joke :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:50 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

Pro-blue; not so much.

I have no idea it was just a poor joke :lol:

Very poor and another reason why most the threads on here go tits up off topic :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Completely agree with the sentiment of the OP.

The language is divisive (as if we weren't divided enough surely) a more accurate definition would be

Anti-red - those who would see city fail spectacularly and end up somewhere in non league playing as FC Cardiff but back in blue

and

reluctant red - those of us who would prefer to be blue but will still support the team as always.

No one I can think of would choose red given the choice but fact is we don't have a choice.

All we can do is make our case for a return to blue in a respectful and peacfull manner cos we all know if Tan goes we are fucked.

Personally I would say that 99% of fans fall into the latter category and then there are different beliefs as how we approach getting blue back between us but ultimately we all want the same thing.

City to survive and continue to keep us dreaming.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:02 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
CP76 wrote:Pro-Reds - Those happy with the change. I dont believe there are many but there are some. Kidsor johnny come latelys who dont understand the tradition.
Agreed i dont think theres any tbh i mean who would have said this time in 12months time last season we would be red and who would have said yea ill go with that

again they have no choice but will not buy anything red but i know lots of people who are not buying anything that are classed as pro red

Who are these people, the ones who want to chuck flairs and wave banners with malaysians out on or is this a name thats been made up on here

I think the "Anti-red" are those who want to antagonise and confront VT. A VERY risky game IMO.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Surely it should all be about PROgress, I ain't pro red and I seriously haven't met anyone who is, hopefully we can progress and stabilise and our kids and Grand kids will have a successful team they can be proud of playing at the the highest level that a team with as much potential support as ours should be playing at week in week out.

Going to Cheltenham hit home to me how far we have come, they are a small family club that will never be able to get much higher or stay there for any length of time should they get lucky.
yet it seems like yesterday they were seen as local rival in derby matches, how embarrassing was that, hoping and praying to go to somewhere which is a glorified town and think ourselves lucky to get a draw.

We don't have to be in the Premiership for me to be happy, I have really enjoyed the last few years, four Wembley appearances, do you know how long and how hard I dreamt of even getting there once, the Championship is massive league in its own right.

I just want to see us up there with the "big boys" because I think that's where we should be, but firstly, stable and well run, I think we have ridden our luck to get where we are, so why risk messing it up for a colour, which hopefully wont be around for to long anyway. :old:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:51 pm

CP76 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:

I think the "Anti-red" are those who want to antagonise and confront VT. A VERY risky game IMO.

Who would want to do that though yes its a risky game but tbh polo i dont think VT would give in to any sort of people confronting him thats if they could get near him to start with, i get the dont buy red stuff as thats peoples personal choice, the man changed something to what he wanted without the fans so i dont think we was even thought of before all of this or even now it this very point, its not as if our fans preaching there feelings on the internet is going to put him off as its clearly not worked up to this point nore does he see it as hammering his visions to what hes stated he is going to do. The only time i think this may happen is if whats been promised does not materialise in time then there will be massive anti reds, only time will tell on this one. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:58 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Surely it should all be about PROgress, I ain't pro red and I seriously haven't met anyone who is, hopefully we can progress and stabilise and our kids and Grand kids will have a successful team they can be proud of playing at the the highest level that a team with as much potential support as ours should be playing at week in week out.

Going to Cheltenham hit home to me how far we have come, they are a small family club that will never be able to get much higher or stay there for any length of time should they get lucky.
yet it seems like yesterday they were seen as local rival in derby matches, how embarrassing was that, hoping and praying to go to somewhere which is a glorified town and think ourselves lucky to get a draw.

We don't have to be in the Premiership for me to be happy, I have really enjoyed the last few years, four Wembley appearances, do you know how long and how hard I dreamt of even getting there once, the Championship is massive league in its own right.

I just want to see us up there with the "big boys" because I think that's where we should be, but firstly, stable and well run, I think we have ridden our luck to get where we are, so why risk messing it up for a colour, which hopefully wont be around for to long anyway. :old:

Some good points gwyn the one about going to cheltenham makes you realise how far we have come from them days where you would stand on a piss stenching terrace with one portable toilet for 1000fans while getting soaking f*cking wet in an away end in that league but thats what made the days out and the feelings that went with the lower leagues on match days. I would love to get to the prem but its not the be all for me anymore modern football has killed it in alot in grounds including are ground, feeling something on a match day that ive never felt since them days in the lower leagues up to now but theres many ways to decribe that feeling, if we get there all good but of course as you said its about the future which is more important than anything rite now. Lets hope this red lark is only in for one season like you said and we get things sorted sooner rather than later :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:24 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Completely agree with the sentiment of the OP.

The language is divisive (as if we weren't divided enough surely) a more accurate definition would be

Anti-red - those who would see city fail spectacularly and end up somewhere in non league playing as FC Cardiff but back in blue

and

reluctant red - those of us who would prefer to be blue but will still support the team as always.

No one I can think of would choose red given the choice but fact is we don't have a choice.

All we can do is make our case for a return to blue in a respectful and peacfull manner cos we all know if Tan goes we are fucked.

Personally I would say that 99% of fans fall into the latter category and then there are different beliefs as how we approach getting blue back between us but ultimately we all want the same thing.

City to survive and continue to keep us dreaming.