Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Helguson and Velikonja - Cardiff's new strike partnership

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 am

Wrote an article about our two forward signings, basically their strengths and what they will bring to the team. We have been crying out for some aerial presence up front and now with Helguson he can hopefully form a 'little and large' partnership with Velikonja/Mason.

http://www.football-lad.com/helguson-an ... rtnership/

:ayatollah:

Re: Helguson and Velikonja - Cardiff's new strike partnership

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:02 am

Hello League one. Cohen Griffith must be wondering what the hell happened to his once proud club.

:old: :old: :old: :old:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:04 am

Good write up mate,

Bang on with most of that, hopefully they will link up and compliment each other well. :ayatollah:

References on there to last season also highlights where we partly went wrong.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:06 am

'Little and large' partnership? All three players (Helguson, Mason and Velikonja) are 5ft.10. :lol:

You are right, though - Helguson is an aerial threat.

Still not convinced by the strike-force. Very good if we want to be passing it around like Barcelona, but it could be a colossal fail should we see Marshall and Hudson just thumping it up field again and expecting the smallest man on the pitch (Kenny Miller last season) to get something on it.

We need a good striker/second striker over 6ft.2. Fulham's Kasami would be an ideal fit.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:08 am

Jollffe wrote:'Little and large' partnership? All three players (Helguson, Mason and Velikonja) are 5ft.10. :lol:

You are right, though - Helguson is an aerial threat.

Still not convinced by the strike-force. Very good if we want to be passing it around like Barcelona, but it could be a colossal fail should we see Marshall and Hudson just thumping it up field again and expecting the smallest man on the pitch (Kenny Miller last season) to get something on it.

We need a good striker/second striker over 6ft.2. Fulham's Kasami would be an ideal fit.

"although Helguson is not much taller himself he is certainly a player that can be defined as a ‘target man’ with the two players likely to form a new look Cardiff City attack in traditional ‘little and large’ style."

have explained that although Helguson is not the tallest he's definitely a target man, but I agree we need to stop ljumping balls upfield like the second half of last season. Kasami is a great player yeh but i thought he was more a AMC/RW?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 am

Daniel M wrote:"although Helguson is not much taller himself he is certainly a player that can be defined as a ‘target man’ with the two players likely to form a new look Cardiff City attack in traditional ‘little and large’ style."

have explained that although Helguson is not the tallest he's definitely a target man, but I agree we need to stop ljumping balls upfield like the second half of last season. Kasami is a great player yeh but i thought he was more a AMC/RW?

Fair point! Nice write-up, by the way. A fellow upcoming journalist, I'm guessing?

Watched Kasami play for Switzerland at the Millennium on Wednesday. Mightily impressed.

Lined-up in CAM, but quickly became a second striker. Powerful on the ball and wasn't afraid of running at the Mexico defence. 20 years of age, has played just seven games for Fulham, and would no doubt drop down to the Championship on loan if it meant a better chance for games.

If I could send Malky an email with recommendation, I would! ;)

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:21 am

Jollffe wrote:
Daniel M wrote:"although Helguson is not much taller himself he is certainly a player that can be defined as a ‘target man’ with the two players likely to form a new look Cardiff City attack in traditional ‘little and large’ style."

Fair point! Nice write-up, by the way. A fellow upcoming journalist, I'm guessing?

Watched Kasami play for Switzerland at the Millennium on Wednesday. Mightily impressed.

Lined-up in CAM, but quickly became a second striker. Powerful on the ball and wasn't afraid of running at the Mexico defence. 20 years of age, has played just seven games for Fulham, and would no doubt drop down to the Championship on loan if it meant a better chance for games.

If I could send Malky an email with recommendation, I would! ;)

Thanks for the comments, well upcoming journalist I suppose I have started this website with a friend of mine and I enjoy writing, hopefully can keep it updated throughout the season and people enjoy what they are reading :D

I'm surprised no clubs have attempted a loan move for Kasami, I recall Fulham signed him for a decent fee but he hasn't had many opportunities, definitely a talented youngster.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:13 pm

Now we just need some wingers to put that ball into the box!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:25 pm

Mardon89 wrote:Now we just need some wingers to put that ball into the box!

Bellamy and Tommy Smith please :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Hello League one. Cohen Griffith must be wondering what the hell happened to his once proud club.

:old: :old: :old: :old:

YOU ARE A FRAUD

I'M NOT PLAYING WITH YOU ANYMORE

CHRIS DALE WAS BETTER THAN COHEN WASN'T HE????? :ayatollah: ;)