Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TONY CAPALDI OUT TO PUT INJURY NIGHTMARE BEHIND HIM

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:33 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -31537121/? :ayatollah:

FORMER Cardiff City defender Tony Capaldi has emerged from a nightmare spell and is ready to play against the Bluebirds tomorrow.

Left-back Capaldi, who celebrates his 31st birthday this month, is in Oxford’s squad for their pre-season clash with City at the Kassam Stadium (3pm).

The Northern Ireland international made 75 appearances for City in three seasons, but has played only one match in the last 18 months.

He missed virtually the whole of last season with hamstring, back and knee injuries, returning for Oxford United’s final League Two fixture in May.

“That was my first match for 13 months – and I was so pleased to get it out of the way before the summer break,” said Capaldi, whose problems started a year ago.

He suffered a hamstring injury which needed surgery and then struggled with back and knee problems.

He played for Oxford during their pre-season tour to the USA, arriving back this week, and says: “I’m at a stage in my career now where I need to be playing as many games as possible.

“It’s important I stay fit for the whole season.

“It’s up to me to play well and, if I do that, I’m sure I’ll be playing somewhere in the team.”

Former Chelsea man Michael Duberry, Peter Leven, Andrew Whing and Harry Worley are all ruled out of the Oxford squad for tomorrow’s match by injuries, while Sean McGinty, a teenage defender on trial from Manchester United, is likely to start.

Former Bluebirds defender Alex Evans could also figure for Oxford. He was among three trialists who went on their pre-season tour to America and he impressed manager Chris Wilder.

No final decision has been made on Evans’ long-term future.

Re: TONY CAPALDI OUT TO PUT INJURY NIGHTMARE BEHIND HIM

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:38 am

Be nice to see Tony again. Great player in his prime :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:45 am

Do you need to post EVERY ccfc related story from wol?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:48 am

AbsolutelyFearless wrote:Do you need to post EVERY ccfc related story from wol?

I don't see why he shouldn't it saves me time going on there.

Keep up the good work Rhys! :D :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:50 am

If you don't like it, don't f*cking read it, simple as. Or just skip past it when you're looking through the threads. Also FYI it's not every CCFC related one, today I done about 2/5 that were CCFC related. Would be pointless for me to put one up now that is 'Helguson signs for City'. :roll:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:51 am

droopy wrote:

Exactly, saves people time from going on there. I don't know if it's just me but WalesOnline always seems slow as hell. :? :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:52 am

Calm down terrier. Skip past? I'd try but I'd be scrolling a while :roll:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:55 am

AbsolutelyFearless wrote:Calm down terrier. Skip past? I'd try but I'd be scrolling a while :roll:

Good one mate, out of the 80 or so threads that are on 1 General Chat page, there are 3 WalesOnline articles posted by me, which are at the top. :roll:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
AbsolutelyFearless wrote:Calm down terrier. Skip past? I'd try but I'd be scrolling a while :roll:

Good one mate, out of the 80 or so threads that are on 1 General Chat page, there are 3 WalesOnline articles posted by me, which are at the top. :roll:

Your hardly posting breaking news are you fella, we all know where the site is, you post every link, it's boring.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:54 am

droopy wrote:

Here here, I rarely go on Wales Online and cos of Rhys I done have to :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:59 am

AbsolutelyFearless wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Your hardly posting breaking news are you fella, we all know where the site is, you post every link, it's boring.

As I have already stated... I value his input into the site... Who are you to say what he can and can't post. :evil:

Rhys... Don't listen to him mate... You crack on! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 am

AbsolutelyFearless - Give it up mate. There's no law saying you HAVE to read it, so don't. Plus it saves us going onto WalesOnline which can be a pain at times

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:37 am

Let's be honest, if they wernt made stickys, they would drop down the page like a stone..

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:46 am

He's only 31?! I thought he was that old when he played for us!

I've never been on the WalesOnline site simply because I know all of the interesting stories can be found here.

When you consider some of the absolute toss that some people post on here how someone has the nerve to complain about a CCFC related story of relevance and interest is beyond me.

:ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:21 pm

AbsolutelyFearless wrote:Let's be honest, if they wernt made stickys, they would drop down the page like a stone..

Just give up and stop embarrassing yourself. :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:45 pm

I always liked Capaldi when he played for us, he set up Joe Ledley's goal in the FA Cup semi, (well, kind of).

AbsolutelyFearless, you have no control over anyone on this board and you cant stop anyone from making threads you dislike. If you did it, I wouldn't complain and I'm sure Rhys wouldn't either. Leave Rhys alone :old: