Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ". THIS BOARD WILL REMAIN BLUE "

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:44 am

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Without an indication that this is a football forum for Cardiff City as a team playing in red. I may become more of a reader than a poster, but I understand the owner has the final say. I need to believe that after taking everything into account the board would be fully behind say, Peter Whittingham in his red shirt.

What would a pro red say to this of it was in regards to not going to the stadium again until we change back... "Good Ridence" "Plastic" "Glory Fan"

:lol:

I wouldn't know mate, I'm above such churlish statements. I understand we are all fans just with differing views. I see no need to label anyone in such a provocative way, especially when we are talking about people who share the same blue view.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:52 am

im pro blue :ayatollah: im so glad this website is staying blue as its going to be gut wrenching enough seeing us play in red and having to deal with that badge thats been put up on our stadium. im just glad i can come on here which will still have our famous badge and colour blue on it thanks annis.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:54 am

shaz neath bluebird wrote:im pro blue :ayatollah: im so glad this website is staying blue as its going to be gut wrenching enough seeing us play in red and having to deal with that badge thats been put up on our stadium. im just glad i can come on here which will still have our famous badge and colour blue on it thanks annis.

and loyal blue fans.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:04 pm

CP76 wrote:I said this many times its Annis board he can do what he likes with it.

Its not the official board so he doesnt have to be equal to both arguments if thats not what he believes in.

As he said if you dont like it, go elswhere. Simple.

100% agree with this!!!

And if some one wants to create ANOTHER rival forum that will just fail to attract anyone, and slump back to the dungeons of the 1kb never viewed web spaces carry on!

I'm in pro-blue camp - but I also realise it's too late to do anything whilst VT is pumping the cash in! Although, I will continue to support reverting to blue if there ever is a chance of it! For now though, we need VT's cash and support - lets just hope we have a promotion winning season.... That could change hell of a lot of what happens in the future! ;)

Cardiff's heritage is blue, and Annis' forum is blue, anyone that isn't happy with that can go and join that red-birds forum?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:08 pm

Roll on the start of the football season, hopefully get back to chatting about results, performances, tactics etc instead of what color a messageboard is ffs

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:11 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Roll on the start of the football season, hopefully get back to chatting about results, performances, tactics etc instead of what color a messageboard is ffs

I suppose a topic like this is going to be expected when users are planning on jumping ship if it doesn't go red!!! :lol:
But they will accept the kit and still attend the stadium? :roll:

Just a question, but is MM's (cc*b)board going to revert to red soon?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:17 pm

Merlin wrote:
mr'mogreenz wrote:Roll on the start of the football season, hopefully get back to chatting about results, performances, tactics etc instead of what color a messageboard is ffs

I suppose a topic like this is going to be expected when users are planning on jumping ship if it doesn't go red!!! :lol:

dont understand the issue here at all merlin. why would anybody want the board to go red.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:28 pm

steve davies wrote:dont understand the issue here at all merlin. why would anybody want the board to go red.

As one of the few who think it should change colour. I would expect it to go red because that is the clubs colour for next season, whatever our views on it are. I would also expect it to return to blue when the club recognise their mistake. I just expect a messageboard that is allowing followers of Cardiff City to talk about their team to at least be in the clubs colours.

In the grand scale of things it isn't important though.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:35 pm

steve davies wrote:
Merlin wrote:

dont understand the issue here at all merlin. why would anybody want the board to go red.

And why would anyone threaten to leave the board coz it ain't red, why are people so obsessed over colours, like Macca said in the meeting, the last time I had a favorite colour was when I was six, I got a favourite team and that as always been the same, my favourite colour is actually yellow, but I wouldn't think of giving my support or allegiance to a team just on the strength of it, at the end of the day it's a fecking colour.

I have a favourite player, I have had favourite managers and favourite owners, I have never fallen out of love with the club when they have changed owners, managers or players, the club and belonging is everything.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Actually Gwyn Macc's fav team as a nipper in school was Arsenal and look what colour they play in ;)

now where's the hide smilie !

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Wayne S wrote:
steve davies wrote:dont understand the issue here at all merlin. why would anybody want the board to go red.

As one of the few who think it should change colour. I would expect it to go red because that is the clubs colour for next season, whatever our views on it are. I would also expect it to return to blue when the club recognise their mistake. I just expect a messageboard that is allowing followers of Cardiff City to talk about their team to at least be in the clubs colours.

The club will also be playing away in blue next season....
So when we're playing away from home you can come back on this forum! :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:08 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
steve davies wrote:
Merlin wrote:

And why would anyone threaten to leave the board coz it ain't red, why are people so obsessed over colours, like Macca said in the meeting, the last time I had a favorite colour was when I was six, I got a favourite team and that as always been the same, my favourite colour is actually yellow, but I wouldn't think of giving my support or allegiance to a team just on the strength of it, at the end of the day it's a fecking colour.

I have a favourite player, I have had favourite managers and favourite owners, I have never fallen out of love with the club when they have changed owners, managers or players, the club and belonging is everything.

Roundabouts!!!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I am Pro-Blue, everybody knows that, I have seen threads on here questioning why certain topics are being made stickys, yes I will keep lobbying to get our shirt back to blue and the bluebird back prominent on our badge, stickys are made whether they are blue,red or green.. :ayatollah:

No one forces anyone to come on this forum, it's your chose.

As the owner of the board it is my right to have a site that is Pro-Blue but I will always continue to allow everyone with different opinions to debate on here, whether they are Red or Blue.

What I won't accept is the belittling, name calling and ridiculing of other posters, which is happening more and more lately, everyone is entitled to their opinion regarding the colours but this site will remain the colour with the Bluebird badges as that is my belief.

If you want to continue to post on here then show respect for every other poster or you will be banned.

So let's continue with some good friendly debates :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The lobbying for the return of the Blue shirt needs a base and I can't think of a better one than this forum. I am a reluctant red and will go along with the rebranding for as long as it is beneficial to Cardiff City, although like 99% of reluctant reds I hope that the Blue shirt will return one day.

I have one caveat though we should-not demonise Vincent Tan. The man has made a mistake (IMO) by changing our primary colours from blue to red and one day he will see the error of his ways.

It is up to us to lobby him intelligently and make him see that.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Annis, why don't you just add a second skin to the forum so people can choose blue or red? Don't get people complaining then :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Merlin wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

The club will also be playing away in blue next season....
So when we're playing away from home you can come back on this forum! :lol:

I said the site should be blue and red. I also did not say I was leaving the forum just not posting. Many on here just come on to read. The thread asked for opinions.

I cannot come on here when we are playing away as I will be at the games. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:32 pm

Well said Annis . If someone wants to start up a pro red board with all the trimmings then go ahead. Pray to your God on that board :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:19 pm

I cannot figure why anyone would want a red board or a red anything?

That condones the rebrand.

It legitimises it

Keep everything blue.

Passive resistance

Look at the squad Malky is putting together. Apart from Red, everything is
going very bloody well for the Club right now.

Every penny Tan spends underlines the fact we will be 'loan free' in the next few
months or so. There could be no viable explanation for him to carry on spending
and adding to a loan he knows the Club will never be able to pay back without him.

We will be blue again.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:36 pm

taffyapple wrote:I cannot figure why anyone would want a red board or a red anything?

That condones the rebrand.

It legitimises it

Keep everything blue.

Passive resistance

Look at the squad Malky is putting together. Apart from Red, everything is
going very bloody well for the Club right now.

Every penny Tan spends underlines the fact we will be 'loan free' in the next few
months or so. There could be no viable explanation for him to carry on spending
and adding to a loan he knows the Club will never be able to pay back without him.

We will be blue again.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Im not KCB im not pro-red im a reluctant red for the time being but have people actually asked for this to be changed? Silly twats :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:59 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:Im not KCB im not pro-red im a reluctant red for the time being but have people actually asked for this to be changed? Silly twats :lol:

If they have, me you and Barly Magrue must have missed it, someone even said a poster threatened to leave the board if it stayed blue, again, don't know anyone who seen that post either, but don't let it get in the way of a good story hey, :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you read something enough times, eventually it will becomes true, well at least some would have you believe that. :roll:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:07 pm

I've never seen anyone ask and they'd have no right too.

As for who owns what and the rights they have,as moderators ban people with different opinions imagine if VT did the same with people at the stadium........

Annis better hope your season ticket drops through the letterbox...... :( :(

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I am Pro-Blue, everybody knows that, I have seen threads on here questioning why certain topics are being made stickys, yes I will keep lobbying to get our shirt back to blue and the bluebird back prominent on our badge, stickys are made whether they are blue,red or green.. :ayatollah:

As the owner of the board it is my right to have a site that is Pro-Blue but I will always continue to allow everyone with different opinions to debate on here, whether they are Red or Blue.

What I won't accept is the belittling, name calling and ridiculing of other posters, which is happening more and more lately, everyone is entitled to their opinion regarding the colours but this site will remain the colour with the Bluebird badges as that is my belief.

If you want to continue to post on here then show respect for every other poster or you will be banned.

So let's continue with some good friendly debates :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The lobbying for the return of the Blue shirt needs a base and I can't think of a better one than this forum. I am a reluctant red and will go along with the rebranding for as long as it is beneficial to Cardiff City, although like 99% of reluctant reds I hope that the Blue shirt will return one day.

I have one caveat though we should-not demonise Vincent Tan. The man has made a mistake (IMO) by changing our primary colours from blue to red and one day he will see the error of his ways.

Totally agree with Tony.

Vincent has made a mistake. This season when hardly any red shirts are sold and the Canton, Nnian, Grandstand and the Family stand are a wave of blue....Vincent will see what a mistake he has made.

We will appluaud Vincent when he backtracks....and forgive the likes of Gwyn.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Totally agree with Tony.

Vincent has made a mistake. This season when hardly any red shirts are sold and the Canton, Nnian, Grandstand and the Family stand are a wave of blue....Vincent will see what a mistake he has made.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Totally agree with Tony.

However, if he makes us a successful Premiership team, and the floats us on the Hong Kong Stock market and makes a few hundred million pound, which is quite within the dreams of reality, then I'm sure the few thousand pound he lost out on from shirt sales will be softened by the hundreds of million pounds he'll make from the far eastern market, and hopefully for all of us it happens, then the vast majority of City fans will forgive the few that doubted the man that had the vision, the finance and the where with all to actually take the risk on us and save us from oblivion in the process, then I'm sure we'll forgive the few doubters that nearly scuppered it.

Wouldn't it be better for all genuine Cardiff fans, if my vision iss the one that comes true, rather than yours. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Good at least we get to keep this forum the way it should be and I totally agree with you.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:39 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Totally agree with Tony.

However, if he makes us a successful Premiership team, and the floats us on the Hong Kong Stock market and makes a few hundred million pound, which is quite within the dreams of reality, then I'm sure the few thousand pound he lost out on from shirt sales will be softened by the hundreds of million pounds he'll make from the far eastern market, and hopefully for all of us it happens, then the vast majority of City fans will forgive the few that doubted the man that had the vision, the finance and the where with all to actually take the risk on us and save us from oblivion in the process, then I'm sure we'll forgive the few doubters that nearly scuppered it.

Wouldn't it be better for all genuine Cardiff fans, if my vision iss the one that comes true, rather than yours. :ayatollah:

Thats some dream Gwyn.

The point your missing is that we played in the old first divison in blue, we went down to the dungeon in blue, we got to those cup finals in blue and we nearly got liquidated in blue. I'd rather die blue than live forever in any other colour.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Totally agree with Tony.

Thats some dream Gwyn.

The point your missing is that we played in the old first divison in blue, we went down to the dungeon in blue, we got to those cup finals in blue and we nearly got liquidated in blue. I'd rather die blue than live forever in any other colour.

And the point you are missing is "ITS JUST A FECKING COLOUR" to many of us, staying in business and getting some long awaited stability is far more important to the majority of us,can't remember what finals we played in what colour, to me it was an irrelevance, I never feel less in love with them when they come doen the tunnel in black, blue, red white or whatever, to be honest I don't really take that much notice, it's a colour. :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:01 pm

We played in black in the 2008 cup final.

Blue in the CC Final.

As you were.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:05 pm

CP76 wrote:We played in black in the 2008 cup final.

Blue in the CC Final.

As you were.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: As Gwyn Said it is just a colour.We are Cardiff City F.C on the day and that is the most important thing. :D :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Hallelujah common sense prevails our message board is staying blue thank f#ck for that a bit of good news in what's been a depressing summer . Kcb :ayatollah: