Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

David Goodwillie?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:43 pm

He joined a sinking ship last season and his legal troubles are behind him.

Maybe worth giving him a chance to re-start his career? Get him for less that we were going to pay last season.

MM saw something in him last summer.

Bellers flopped in his 1st season and many mocked Sir Bobby for forking out 6 million for him - I'm not saying that Goodwillie is as good as Bellers, I'm just saying it's hard for a young player to shine on a poor team that is free falling down the league.

Re: David Goodwillie?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:46 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:He joined a sinking ship last season and his legal troubles are behind him.

Maybe worth giving him a chance to re-start his career? Get him for less that we were going to pay last season.

MM saw something in him last summer.

Bellers flopped in his 1st season and many mocked Sir Bobby for forking out 6 million for him - I'm not saying that Goodwillie is as good as Bellers, I'm just saying it's hard for a young player to shine on a poor team that is free falling down the league.

not for me, didnt think he looked that good, and when they played us, didnt offer anything...

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:47 pm

I think we should of took him last season and that was the chance time to move on and aim a bit higher! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:50 pm

If they can persuade Blackburn to let him go for under £1m, then yes, he's worth a punt.

Can't see that happening, though!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:52 pm

Blackburn would have to take a hit.

No way should we match what they paid for him last summer.

A million or less.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:33 pm

Don't Mason and Velikonja play the Goodwillie role?

I haven't seen anything from Goodwillie in the past year to make me want him in the side before Joe or 'Ety'!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:39 pm

The boy's an arse.....leave well alone