Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sparky consolation for taking bellamy, striker + 1 more TBC

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:37 pm

negotiating as we speak,

views anyone?

Re: Sparky consolation for taking bellamy, striker + 1 more TBC

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:40 pm

why is it whenever bellars is said to be on his way here in a thread! somebody else says hes off to qpr? happens everytime very strange really! :roll:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:why is it whenever bellars is said to be on his way here in a thread! somebody else says hes off to qpr? happens everytime very strange really! :roll:

Spent alot of time in London,
I hear he's taking a shine to it,

lunch with sparky one evening, bit of persuation ;) favour for a favour

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:45 pm

Hmmm who knows.

Personally all I've heard my end is Bellamy is not joining QPR. Unless he's had a change of heart since Tuesday he definitely wasn't coming to London.

One thing I will say though that was mentioned last week was about Mark Hughes was going to allow Bellamy 4 days a week at home in Wales with his family & to do his training & fitness there as a sweeter because he knows the family situation was an issue.

But as I say heard only one thing, that he's not coming.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:50 pm

[quote="Stan-QPR"]Hmmm who knows.

Personally all I've heard my end is Bellamy is not joining QPR. Unless he's had a change of heart since Tuesday he definitely wasn't coming to London.

One thing I will say though that was mentioned last week was about Mark Hughes was going to allow Bellamy 4 days a week at home in Wales with his family & to do his training & fitness there as a sweeter because he knows the family situation was an issue.

But as I say heard only one thing, that he's not coming.[/quote

4 days aweek at city? mmm whats point going to qpr? cannot be in his best interests or qprs especially with signings hughes has made will he get garauntee of place in team? :?:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:59 pm

4 days a week at home mate. Train at home sleep at home pick kids up etc. All very important issues.

He is known as one of the best trainers around so I'm sure Sparky would have no qualms in trusting him to keep himself in shape then travel down before the weekend for final prep & training etc. Cardiff is only 90 odd mins away from West London don't forget. Best of both worlds?

All rumours though. Can't see that happening.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:4 days a week at home mate. Train at home sleep at home pick kids up etc. All very important issues.

He is known as one of the best trainers around so I'm sure Sparky would have no qualms in trusting him to keep himself in shape then travel down before the weekend for final prep & training etc. Cardiff is only 90 odd mins away from West London don't forget. Best of both worlds?

very true but will city let him? whilst its plausible i would hate to think we would help him sign for qpr! doesnt make sense really like said hard to play in team you dont train with! also with players city have signed promotion is more of reality than last season! so cb would have big regrets if he wasnt part of effort dont you think?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:09 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:4 days a week at home mate. Train at home sleep at home pick kids up etc. All very important issues.

This was the key fact which was missed by most or not knowen by many - Sparkey was willing to help out to get Bellers.
What QPR were willing to give Bellers in wages and the above is a great offer...

i hope Bellers is back at CCFC - As people would then see what he has turned down...along with myself saying last year he would be back at CCFC within 3 years now :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:15 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

This was the key fact which was missed by most or not knowen by many - Sparkey was willing to help out to get Bellers.
What QPR were willing to give Bellers in wages and the above is a great offer...

i hope Bellers is back at CCFC - As people would then see what he has turned down...along with myself saying last year he would be back at CCFC within 3 years now :ayatollah:

well people in the know (and theres plenty) say hes signed for us just waiting for olympics to finish! which find strange why not just say he will sign after games so simple! :D

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:29 pm

Here is my post from a month ago at 10;20 pm with the clue of Sparkeys benifits which i was told but did not post in details.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85650

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:30 pm

TC did you hear much the same then mate? The guy who told me is an agent for 2 of the lads playing for Team GB so I took it as pretty stone wall.

Pembroke, that rumoured offer above is apparently what Mark Hughes has offered Bellamy to join QPR, absolutely nothing to do with Cardiff. No joint enterprise just Sparky trying to keep Craig happy whilst getting the player signed at the same time.

But as I've said all along I expect him to join you boys. A Rangers player told me at Wycombe on Tuesday that he wasn't joining so who knows?!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:34 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:negotiating as we speak,

views anyone?

Why would Mark Hughes be interested in offering players to Cardiff as a 'consolation' if he was signing Bellamy?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:39 pm

Stan i was told by people close to Bellers what the deal was with QPR....And i must say as i posted at the time..it was a 50-50 call to where he would be this season.

I Have not spoken or gone out with Bellers for a year,but i trust what his and my friends told me at the time.

These are the same people who said he would join Liverpool last season.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:48 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:lunch with sparky one evening

Lunch in the evening? Was it in Dublin?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:51 pm

Interesting mate. I just can't imagine after what some would say he went back on his word to join you last time him do the same again?

To be honest Mark Hughes would be a big pull for him but QPR as a club no.

He would cement his place in folklore if he returned & helped get you up, I think he knows that & not only that he's mad big big money from the game he can return home, be with family & still make an exceptional living.

Win win.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:56 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:TC did you hear much the same then mate? The guy who told me is an agent for 2 of the lads playing for Team GB so I took it as pretty stone wall.

Pembroke, that rumoured offer above is apparently what Mark Hughes has offered Bellamy to join QPR, absolutely nothing to do with Cardiff. No joint enterprise just Sparky trying to keep Craig happy whilst getting the player signed at the same time.

But as I've said all along I expect him to join you boys. A Rangers player told me at Wycombe on Tuesday that he wasn't joining so who knows?!

so he said you train with city! even though he hasnt asked city themselves telling porkies then!! mmmm sounds dodgy to me :lol: think you may be right about him comeing to us instead! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:01 am

Think you've got your wires crossed mate. Re read.

I'm off anyway.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:02 am

Stan-QPR wrote:Interesting mate. I just can't imagine after what some would say he went back on his word to join you last time him do the same again?

To be honest Mark Hughes would be a big pull for him but QPR as a club no.

He would cement his place in folklore if he returned & helped get you up, I think he knows that & not only that he's mad big big money from the game he can return home, be with family & still make an exceptional living.

Win win.

Agree 100% with that Stan - Bellers has the up most respect for Sparkey and his backroom staff.

This is the time for Bellers to make a statement and make history and get his home town club into the premier league.