Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff In For Jay Bothroyd

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:29 am

Maybe he would take Jay on loan. I would love to see him back here. If another srtiker comes in i would see Earnie leave & Gestede go out on loan or leave.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:Stan, I def think having Jay back would be a mistake, quality player, but when he wants to be, very lazy and a big baby in my opinion.

I agree mate but we want him gone so are praying Malky firms up his interest! :D

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:29 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Stan, I def think having Jay back would be a mistake, quality player, but when he wants to be, very lazy and a big baby in my opinion.

I agree mate but we want him gone so are praying Malky firms up his interest! :D

Perhaps you'll get DJ sniffing

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:35 am

I hope we never ever see that money grabbing, lazy b*stard again at Cardiff. He could not wait to get out of the club, f*cking Judas.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:20 am

As for Jay I stil can not forget the play off final and his enthusiasm to support thr boys?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:42 am

Jay on loan would be good three target men.

Smith i'm not fussed on, smart squad player. But little more.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:07 am

No Bothroyd in Qprs squad to go to Germany, also no Tommy Smith, or DJ Cambell. Owen Hargreaves with them tho, I didnt realise they also signed Andy Johnson

Robert green
samba diakite
clint hill
shaun derry
anton ferdinand
nedum onuoha
ji sung park
andrew johnson
djibril cisse
adel taarabt
alejandro faurlin
jamie mackie
armand traore
max ehmer
fabio da silva
matt connolly
hogan ephraim
kieron dyer
ryan nelsen*
owen hargreaves
micheal doughty
michael harriman
junior hoilett
radek cerny
bobby zamora
brian murphy
shaun wright-phillips

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:30 am

No Jay speaks volumes. Was brought on the main pre season tour to Malaysia so no reason to leave him off of this one unless he's about to be signed by someone.

But where will he end up? As poster mentioned above Sheffield Wednesday could be a valid shout if not yourselves.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:34 am

Stan-QPR wrote:No Jay speaks volumes. Was brought on the main pre season tour to Malaysia so no reason to leave him off of this one unless he's about to be signed by someone.

But where will he end up? As poster mentioned above Sheffield Wednesday could be a valid shout if not yourselves.

Malky wouldnt touch him Stan, DJ Im not sure about but he can be fickle. It was Jones that had to ring Jay and tell him to get back to Cardiff whilst he was half way up the M4 to talk to Fulham

Dont be surprised if Hull come in for him

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:40 am

But if as this journo says Cardiff have made an enquiry about Jay surely that means Malky is interested?

As I said in op that guy Dave Macintyre is very close to people at QPR & is usually first with any news so I'd take that as pretty certain. Who knows maybe Malky thinks he can get the best out of him?

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:44 am

Stan-QPR wrote:But if as this journo says Cardiff have made an enquiry about Jay surely that means Malky is interested?

As I said in op that guy Dave Macintyre is very close to people at QPR & is usually first with any news so I'd take that as pretty certain. Who knows maybe Malky thinks he can get the best out of him?

Would you trust or believe a Macintyre :lol: I very much doubt it mate, at least I very much hope not. Although a lot of ours will rave about Jay, I think he is a pompous lazy tw*t, ok on his day he can create magic. But them days seem to have to suit him, many forget how he easily turned his back on us and DJ had to plead to him to get back to Cardiff after going awol to meet Fulham officials.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:45 am

Stan-QPR wrote:No Jay speaks volumes. Was brought on the main pre season tour to Malaysia so no reason to leave him off of this one unless he's about to be signed by someone.

I cant see Jay going to Sheffield Wednesday..Too far from London :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:46 am

scooby1973 wrote:

I cant see Jay going to Sheffield Wednesday..Too far from London :lol:

Unless he has the same Garmin as Chris Burke :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:00 am

Don't want Jay back. He wouldn't fit into our squad and he hasn't got the right attitude to adapt.

I've never seen anything in Tommy Smith and always thought he was over-rated so it's interesting what you say about him Stan. It sounds like he would fit in.

Not keen on either to be honest and I think there are better players out there but I would be extremely disappointed to see Jay come back.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:38 pm

I don't know why people slag Bothroyd off, before his England cap he was the best striker in the league by a mile and he fully deserved his cap. He came back a different player I admit, but Malky wouldn't let him have that arrogance about him plus we got more depth than that season he was here, he was guaranteed football last time he was here because there was know one better to replace him. Now, we got cover in them areas so if he doesn't perform, he's dropped. Simple.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:22 pm

If we could get Bothroyd on a free and he accepts a lower wage 18K max i would go for him he was quality and scoring for fun early part of the season before his England cap and injury. I also know that despite what others think he loved his time at Cardiff and the abuse he received when he left was unwarranted.

One of the most talented centre forwards we have had down the City but certainly not the hardest working, i think Bothroyd is one of those players who need a arm around his shoulders rather than a kick up the arse could Malky get him firing again if so i would welcome him back :old: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:31 pm

no jay...end of :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:29 pm

Lots of mixed opinion on here.

Whatever the outcome I hope he doesn't start the season in a QPR shirt.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:59 pm

cant see jay coming back with his tail between his legs :roll:

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:26 pm

Wouldnt want bothroyd back at the club, stinking attitude especually after he got his one cap for england.

We could get more passionate and more talented players for less money.

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Lots of mixed opinion on here.

I don't doubt you've relayed this info in good faith but I can't see Malky going for him.If I remember right Malky was warned off him shortly after taking the job with us.Of course I could be talking bollox but he doesn't seem Malkys type of player.

Good luck for the season. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:19 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Lots of mixed opinion on here.

I don't doubt you've relayed this info in good faith but I can't see Malky going for him.If I remember right Malky was warned off him shortly after taking the job with us.Of course I could be talking bollox but he doesn't seem Malkys type of player.

Good luck for the season. :ayatollah:

Agree. Malky has high standards which a player must conform to and I would doubt that Jay would have the work ethic that Malky craves in his players.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:50 am

Hearing this deal could go through end of next week. :(

f*cking praying it don't as I don't want him back at all after what he said when he left to our fans.

He is the type of player who could push your promotion campaign or completely derail it.

Unfortunately, he is too much of a gamble with too much of an ego. Sorry Jay, you are extremely talented and could have become a Bobby Zamora with technical class but instead of getting your head down like Bobby you let your attitude and ego run away.

I don't want Bothroyd back one bit. I would like a front three of Helguson up top with Bellamy playing off him left and Kim Bo right. This would be brilliant and I believe Helguson would be EXACTLY the type of player to help Joe Masons education.

Bothroyd would just unsettle the dressing room. Those prima donnas were part of the Jones era and I'm glad we're rid of them. :old:

Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:12 am

The fact of the matter remains - Jay Bothroyd is a 20 goal plus striker in the Championship, and that was with a big headed ego 1 England cap blip in the season too......

IF we signed Bothroyd, loan/Outright we would be guaranteeing ourselves GOALS! which is ultimately going to give us points.

One of the most talented players to ever wear the city shirt imo.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:00 am

Maybe he'll unblock me on Twitter for telling him to stay on his feet.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:02 am

Merlin wrote:The fact of the matter remains - Jay Bothroyd is a 20 goal plus striker in the Championship, and that was with a big headed ego 1 England cap blip in the season too......

IF we signed Bothroyd, loan/Outright we would be guaranteeing ourselves GOALS! which is ultimately going to give us points.

This. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:45 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:Maybe he'll unblock me on Twitter for telling him to stay on his feet.

Same here, he doesn't like constructive criticism! :lol:

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:18 am

I would rather have Jay here than that useless lump, Gestede.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:26 am

Merlin wrote:The fact of the matter remains - Jay Bothroyd is a 20 goal plus striker in the Championship, and that was with a big headed ego 1 England cap blip in the season too......

Agreed.

If Jay came back it would be to a different club and different team. I think Malky is much more focused on discipline, attitude and behaviour than Dave Jones ever was. He had the view that the players were all adults so he threw them together and let them get on with it. He was then incapable of sorting out behavioural problems on or off the pitch. I don't think Malky will tolerate anything that undermines the culture he is building.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:03 am

totaly agree :ayatollah: :ayatollah: