Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff In For Jay Bothroyd

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:43 pm

According to this journo who is VERY close to people at QPR & is usually spot on.

Story about Tonny Smith but interesting line concerning Jay.

Tommy Smith could be the next player to join Cardiff City from QPR.

Bluebirds boss Malky Mackay has completed the signing of Heidar Helguson from Rangers and is looking to agree a deal for Smith after the forward was told he can leave Loftus Road.

Cardiff also recently made an enquiry about Jay Bothroyd, who left them to join the R’s on a Bosman free transfer a year ago.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/smit ... rdiff-move

Re: Cardiff In For Jay Bothroyd

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:45 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:According to this journo who is VERY close to people at QPR & is usually spot on.

Story about Tonny Smith but interesting line concerning Jay.

Tommy Smith could be the next player to join Cardiff City from QPR.

Bluebirds boss Malky Mackay has completed the signing of Heidar Helguson from Rangers and is looking to agree a deal for Smith after the forward was told he can leave Loftus Road.

Cardiff also recently made an enquiry about Jay Bothroyd, who left them to join the R’s on a Bosman free transfer a year ago.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/smit ... rdiff-move

an enquiry is more than enough... wouldnt want to pay his wage demands.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:49 pm

Stan we know Bothroyd hasn't done the business for you but looking back to how he played for us and comparing that to how Smith has played for you, which player do you think we would should go for?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:49 pm

I'll have both please :D

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Bothroyd in - earnie out?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:52 pm

bluelover wrote:Stan we know Bothroyd hasn't done the business for you but looking back to how he played for us and comparing that to how Smith has played for you, which player do you think we would should go for?

Tommy Smith alllllll day long mate.

Brilliant attitude, very smart footballer who always seems to make the right decisions with the ball, pops up with the odd goal & is very much a team player.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:54 pm

But we know what Jay is capable of and can give us goals.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:57 pm

bothroyds not joining, he has just signed for the italian olympic volleyball team!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Is he saying 'ouch I've pulled my calf' in that picture?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:02 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:bothroyds not joining, he has just signed for the italian olympic volleyball team!

Class :lol:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:03 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Is he saying 'ouch I've pulled my calf' in that picture?

oh he's def on his way down! ;)

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:05 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
bluelover wrote:Stan we know Bothroyd hasn't done the business for you but looking back to how he played for us and comparing that to how Smith has played for you, which player do you think we would should go for?

Tommy Smith alllllll day long mate.

Brilliant attitude, very smart footballer who always seems to make the right decisions with the ball, pops up with the odd goal & is very much a team player.

Funny you say that mate I am not very excited about Smith at all. I just don't think he is what we need (If Bellers is defo happening of course).

Jay on the other hand- I know you are not a fan but I would drive up to London to bring him back. Pain in the arse no doubt but Malky wouldn't let him get away with the sulking like Jonesy did.

Time for Jay to come home :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:08 pm

But mate I said the same about Warnock not letting him strop & he was great for a while then everything everyone warned me of on here came true. Can't see what Malky could do that no one else has managed?

As for Smith remember he's a midfielder not a striker so shouldn't affect anything should Bellamy join. Trust me mate he's an under rated footballer.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:12 pm

I can't see us signing Jay to be honest

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Cheers Stan - keep us up to date mate ;)

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:But mate I said the same about Warnock not letting him strop & he was great for a while then everything everyone warned me of on here came true. Can't see what Malky could do that no one else has managed?

As for Smith remember he's a midfielder not a striker so shouldn't affect anything should Bellamy join. Trust me mate he's an under rated footballer.

Yeah fair enough- maybe I am chosing to just remember the class side of Jay.

As for Smith I am always a little uneasy on jobs for the boys type signings. All bloody managers do them, Jonesy was one of the worst but Malky in my opinion got a bit of previous regarding Miller and Cowie.

Smith is Malky's next door neighbour so they say :?

If we don't get Bellers then Jamie Mackie would be nice.....I know never going to happen!

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:16 pm

I can't see him wanting to come back mate in all honesty?

He took quite a few pelters on twitter etc when he left didn't he?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:17 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:I can't see him wanting to come back mate in all honesty?

fans abused him big time.... i cant see it either....

out of interest though, who would offer the most jay or helgusson??

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Will do TC

Yea but mate when you say 'jobs for the boys' type signings that's the same for every manager in world football. Managers always bring in one or two they know very well & are comfortable with. In the season we went up as Champions we had two Warnock favourites in Shaun Derry & Clint Hill who were absolutely superb (and still are) this season Sparky has brought in Andy Johnson & Ryan Nelsen again two of his previous players. I see that as a positive personally. I think you need those kind of players a manager can trust implicitly.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:20 pm

money talks....

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Bothroyd spends too much time on his arse,looking for
Others to blame when shit hits the fan and IMO is def not a team player.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

No question. Heidur. 100%er every time.

Only thing Jay has over HH is age & fitness. Yes two important things I hear you say but as I said earlier today you only need Heidur for one season with decent players & you'll go up in my opinion.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:But mate I said the same about Warnock not letting him strop & he was great for a while then everything everyone warned me of on here came true. Can't see what Malky could do that no one else has managed?

I honestly think Jay needs a lax manager not a strict one.

It's why Dave Jones got so much out of some notoriously hard to work with players because he allowed them a bit of freedom and trusted them to behave as adults.

It only went wrong when he had a team full of egos.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:22 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

No question. Heidur. 100%er every time.

Only thing Jay has over HH is age & fitness. Yes two important things I hear you say but as I said earlier today you only need Heidur for one season with decent players & you'll go up in my opinion.

thanks !

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Aramore wrote:

It's why Dave Jones got so much out of some notoriously hard to work with players because he allowed them a bit of freedom and trusted them to behave as adults.

You could be right mate. Warnock used to hammer him. Sparky won't tolerate him.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:26 pm

Polo will love this! :lol:
Great news if true lets wait and see! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:28 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
Aramore wrote:

You could be right mate. Warnock used to hammer him. Sparky won't tolerate him.

I would hate to be on Sparky's bad side :shock: :lol:

I'd be out of there ASAP if I was Bothroyd.

Although saying that he clearly has some faith in him if he was willing to bring him on against Man City in the last games of the season.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:35 pm

Yea he also brought him on tour to Malaysia where he scored.

Maybe just to keep him fit & in the shop window?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:49 pm

I'd love to have Jay back, we were crying out for someone like him last season. His attitude stinks sometimes....so what, take a gamble Malky!

Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:28 am

Stan, I def think having Jay back would be a mistake, quality player, but when he wants to be, very lazy and a big baby in my opinion.